Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Profile Unclaimed

Spectrum Human Resource Systems Reviews

2.2

Sybll K. Romley

Good company; stuck in old ways

Current Employee - Professional Services in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Denver, CO

I have been working at Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Pros

It's a good company to work for. Not overworked. Have monthly beer socials in the break room

Cons

I feel a bit pidgin-holed working for this company. The software has a lot of bugs that never seem to get fixed.

Keep innovating good software.

I worked 60+ hours a week, and it still wasn't enough

Former Employee - Professional Services in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Professional Services in Denver, CO

I worked at Spectrum Human Resource Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learned a lot while employed there, and I really enjoyed my coworkers. For the most part they were great to work with and I still maintain friendships from there.

Cons

There was constant pressure to increase billable time, even when you were assigned non-billable projects that took up 40+ hours a week, you were still expected to make quotas. I felt guilty every time I wasn't working, even if I was sleeping, or seeing a movie with my spouse, one date in many months. If it was possible to give a negative number of stars for work/life balance, I would.

I think that upper management that started the company had good intentions and values, but over time promotion of people to first level managers was based on seniority alone. Being a good long-term employee at the worker level does not mean you are a good manager. A lot of promotions right before I left were not deserved and had disastrous consequences. Now the company has been sold, so I don't know the current status very well other than the fact that I know the dissatisfaction level of current employees I keep in touch with is very high.

The understood policy is that if you have done something before and it took you a certain amount of time, you can bill that same amount of time to another client, even if it took you less the second time. But then I was called into question for doing exactly that and it led to my leaving. I also know of more than one questionable termination where medical conditions might have been a factor, due to the condition affecting the ability to perform the obscene number of hours required.

Family owned and Clique-ee; Sucks if you arent are part of that

Former Employee - Tech Writer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Tech Writer in Denver, CO

I worked at Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Pros

Salary was decent--direct access to buses right across the street if you use the bus system to commute. Vaca/Sick time standard.

Cons

Family owned--family and close friends hold postiions of "power" so if you have any personnel issues (hr mgr married to vp) forget about it. You will be ostericed--and everyone in the company will hear the gossip about he situation. Unless you kiss the right tai, are married/dating a mucky much forget about promotions or career advancements. If you have a disagreement, they move you to a closet and then stand outside your door and talk about you as if you arent there. (Hello? GROW UP!). you will get the cold shoulder and all of a sudden you dont know how to write and they wonder why they hired you.. No training on software programs and orientation is non-existant., If you asked quests they would tell you to figure it out yourself because everyone else is too busy playing solitaire.

When you have yoru family and friends in positions of power, you create a hosstile environment. You need to listen to your employees because they are the ones working..not your daughter, her husband or your friend.

Good for College graduates if they need the experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Pros

Good for College graduates if they need the experience.

Cons

Top Management heavy. Employees/friends of management are promoted even if they are not qualified for the position.

Appreciate the employees and don't treat them as slaves. Even the mgmt treats them such.

Good place to work and earn a decent income.

I have been working at Spectrum Human Resource Systems

Pros

flexible to change
    family oriented
    customer centric

Cons

small revenues, small budgets
    no growth opportunities