Spee Dee Delivery

2.5

Donald Weeres

I love my job.

Current Employee - Driver in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Spee Dee Delivery full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Health insurance. Paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick days. Birthday is considered a holiday. Room for advancement.

Cons

Human Resources is a joke. There are some in management that are worthless. There is a large disconnect between upper management and the rest of the company.

Listen to your employees.

worst experience ever I work out of Galesburg

I have been working at Spee Dee Delivery

Pros

Can't think of any there is none . the only reason I get one stars cuz you have to put something down in order to submit this

Cons

trying to get time off when you need it they don't like giving you time off uper management is all they do is lie to you shady company to work for

your management need to go back to school and learn people skill

Good Job but some people could be more helpful.

Current Employee - Night Driver in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Night Driver in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Spee Dee Delivery full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay and you stay busy time goes by pretty fast.

Cons

Some people are lazy and the driving sucks.

Make sure all work is equal!

Group Leader

I worked at Spee Dee Delivery full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ummm... You're your own boss most the day.

Cons

Management has no idea whats going on half the time. Rather put more work on others when they can easily do it themselves.

Get it together, really!

Soon to leave, can't wait to count down the days!

Current Employee - Route Driver
    Current Employee - Route Driver

I have been working at Spee Dee Delivery full-time

Pros

..... ummm, none. I really can't think of anything I like about this job.

Cons

Pay, Vacation, and management is a joke.

Learn more about what you should be doing, help others don't just put more work for the other drivers. Get things done faster, not just when it suits you.

It's ok here

I have been working at Spee Dee Delivery

Pros

You are usually on your own all day.

Cons

Pay could be better for some.

What a joke!

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at Spee Dee Delivery full-time

Pros

Lots of downtime. Ok pay for unskilled workers. A decent place to get a start if you dont want to go to college or are justbout of prison. Benefits are ok if you have never had them before.

Cons

Lie about your hours to you. I was told I would be off by 130 almost everyday, wrong try 5. Terrible pay. Horrible vacation policy. Laughable bonuses if you have ever received one in your life. Zero standards in training. No consequences for laziness. On my second day I sat down and just waited for direction, I did not get any so just jumped in to help. I then was told I was doing everything wrong and to go away. Get to hear everyone talk about the guy that makes 14 dollars an hour and how well off he is! Hahaha.

Know your place! There's a reason you don't work for UPS or FED Ex. You should talk to your new hires and include them to the team. I dont think they care about any advice they would be given. Also why is there so much focus on company history? It is all that they talked about. Stop living in the past.

Its a job

Current Employee - Driver in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Driver in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at Spee Dee Delivery full-time

Pros

alright pay for a single guy with no kids.

Cons

dealing with people that treat you badly on a daily basis, a lot of heavy lifting, unorganized morning rituals, forced to shave, forced to wear uniforms that don't fit and don't breathe, vans do not have air or radios, punished for not having enough work, shady management, try not to pay out on 401 or work mans comp.,

Your company started pretty well, but your head has become to big, it isnt YOUR company anymore, you have over 1500 employees..... act like it, "because thats how it is" is NOT an ok answer form management. you arent in one snow covered state anymore. I WOULD LOVE TO YOU IN SPEE-DEE GEAR ON A 100 DEGREE HUMID DAY IN IL.

A good place to start out.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Spee Dee Delivery

Pros

There are many opportunities to learn new job skills and gain understanding about business flow.
    Excellent place to get working experience for any of the jobs offered.
    Regular pay raises according to performance.
    Employment is relatively stable as long as you perform well as the company has not ever performed layoffs.
    In high turnover locations, delivery drivers can expect opportunities for career advancement.
    Ability to interact with higher levels of management easily.

Cons

Very strict vacation policy. There is a total number of employees across the company that may have vacation on any given day. This could result in a Driver in North Dakota being denied for vacation if a package pusher in Illinois requested the last available vacation slot. Additionally, vacation of less than 1 full week can not be requested until within 2 weeks of the requested date making planning shorter vacations difficult. Vacation days offered to employees are fairly minimal and none are available to the employee until after the end of their first year of employment. Employees receive costly hits on their reviews for any time clock punch more than 1 minute late.

All office employees are on the same pay scale regardless of job, unless they are management. This results in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Payroll, and Data Entry all paid the same hourly wage regardless of the difficulty or level of competence and skill required to perform the job . This pay scale also spans to different terminal locations. This is good if you are in a location where the cost of living is low but less desirable where the cost of living is high.

No radios or AC in delivery vehicles. They often leak when it rains and the heaters may under-perform in the winter.

Understand that an update to the pay scale may be necessary to attract high quality employees. This could include modifying the pay scale based on location as well as job performed in the offices. Your employees also have personal lives. It would be beneficial to loosen up vacation/sick policies to allow employees to be more flexible.

Spee Dee Delivery Driver

I have been working at Spee Dee Delivery

Pros

Best reasons to work for Spee Dee Delivery is working with the other drivers. A great group of guys. Also, plenty of overtime.

Cons

Low pay compared to other package delivery companies. Start out making $11 a hour with .50 cent raises every 6 months until you max out around $15 a hour. Compare that to UPS's $28 an hour or Fed Ex's $22 a hour.

Currently if you want a day off you can use your personal time only if you request 10 days or less in advance and even then your lucky to get the day off you want. Management wants everyone to ask off for an entire week rather then use single days. I would change that.