Speedway LLC

Updated Feb 4, 2014

Speedway LLC President Tony Kenney

Tony Kenney

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

very good got the taste of retail

Naperville, IL

I have been working at Speedway LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood interaction with people get satisfaction of helping people in different areas

ConsCSRs do not get sick leave

Advice to Senior Managementatleast full time CSR should get sick leave

I have never worked for a company that cares less for their employees than this one!!!!!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Munster, IN

I worked at Speedway LLC part-time for more than a year

ProsGood if you're looking for a part time job and they will usually work with your schedule.

ConsVery hard work for very little money and I have never worked for so many mean people. The managers are very unprofessional and are allowed to speak to and treat their employees horribly as long as the store is making their numbers. If you complain, your hours are cut and you are treated even worse. I was never treated like this because I learned early on to keep my mouth shut, but I saw the repercussions of those who did speak up. This company banks on the fact that most of their entry level employees don't know their rights and take advantage of this.

I'm an educated, honest, hard-working employee who could have been a long term asset to this company. When I first started I wanted to have a long term career with Speedway.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some more District Managers like Antonio Chavez. He's a very perceptive manager who treats his employees with respect.

I've had a very positive experience working at speedway for 9 years

Hobart, IN

I have been working at Speedway LLC full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey offer benefits to full time people and vacation time. And advancement in the company if you wish

ConsThe company it self does not pay very well, huge turn around rate.

As a store manager no home and work balance.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Speedway LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat environment... Great training.... Exceptional Customer Service....

ConsUpper Management have no clue what is going on or how things work in stores. Old technology, old pumps, old cash registers. Too much time wasting in fixing things than running.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll DMs and RMs should run the store for a week.

It's for some and not for some

Hammond, IN

I have been working at Speedway LLC part-time for less than a year

ProsVery Flexible hours, super easy job, very fast paced, paid weekly, with years of service and full time status you get benefits such as paid vacation, insurance, quarterly bonuses. Lots of opportunity to move up the ladder.

ConsLike any other place you have to deal with ignorant customers and their rude attitudes. There also many people there that do not pull their own weight. Lots of lazy people that just want to sit at the register. Working at a gas station does not mean that all you're going to be doing is ringing up whatever the customer ask for. You also have to clean everything, make sure everything is stocked, change garbage cans, sweep the lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have you're good managers that make everyone work and do their jobs and you have lazy managers that let the crew run the shift and let the store look like crap. Managers need to do what they signed up for. They need to realize that the way the store looks under your supervision is a reflection on them.

This company is dishonest with its employees

Shift Lead (Current Employee)
Oswego, IL

I have been working at Speedway LLC full-time for more than a year

ProsThey offer excellent training for new managers.

ConsThe great training they offer new managers....was not offered to cross-over (bought ointernal recruiter ut ) stores managers. This is a problem because those managers are threatened by what new trainees know that they were never taught. In training they tell you your people are your best commodity and their managers are their best commodity .(not proven to me) They often are dishonest and ungrateful. They DO NOT promote from within as much as they claim to. They do not protect the women from sexual harassment, both from other employees and customers. They offer very few perks to anyone but store managers and dms. They don't even offer an employee discount ....nothing not even free fountain refills. Yet you are required to stay on property during your breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrently there are 2 people handling recruiting for at least 30 Chicagoland stores. Why not have an
internal recruiter / trainer? Someone who can spend time in different stores see who needs more/ better/ different training....see who deserves a promotion....and who does not.... and what teams chemistry is not working and how to retain both people perhaps by relocating one party..... options are endless.... and would help current stores.

Extremely poor customer service

I have been working at Speedway LLC full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWonderful employees, while they last before they drop from exhaustion.

ConsEmployees are being worked to death. Hours are being cut drastically, therefore, customer service is becoming worse and worse because where there were 2 employees working, now there is one.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting hours. Customer service is lacking. I see the possibility of food born, drink illness becoming a problem because there are no hours to properly maintain food service equipment, sanitation, etc.

Extremely poor customer service......Food poisoning a posibility

Shift Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Speedway LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWonderful co-workers that are being worked to death for very minimal pay.

ConsCustomer service is becoming a thing of the past. The lines of customers are becoming longer and longer because there is only one cashier. Customers are becoming more irate and beligerant to the staff because they can't get waited on in a "Speedy" fashion. The possibility for food borne illnesses is becoming greater due to lack of sanitation and cleaning.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting hours. The possibility for food borne illnesses is becoming greater and greater. Customers are starting to go to other establishments because they can't get service.

Get The Job Done

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Speedway LLC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you do well at your job, the bosses will have bigger fish to fry and leave you alone, mostly. M-F work week. One Sat. a month with a weekday off. Great. I like that. Some places are closed on weekends so this is your chance to go there, etc,

ConsFifty hour work week ( but pretty much a standard for managers from my experience).

Advice to Senior ManagementI have a good DM who trusts me and lets me vent. He lets me take the ball and run with it.

friendly people to work with and great team work.

District Manager (Former Employee)
Brookfield, IL

I worked at Speedway LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood benefits, great pay, flex hours, clean work and understand workers.

Consthe working hours may be long at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't think who works under you isn't smart enough to take you place.

Worked for Speedway LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Speedway LLC reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Speedway LLC CEO Tony Kenney. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Speedway LLC employees.