Speedy Group Holdings

Don Gayhardt

Happy to be here

Current Employee - Manager in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Manager in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Speedy Group Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, which translates to opportunities for those who go the extra mile. Effort is definitely recognized. Politics are fairly minimal, but not "cut throat." The relaxed dress code is a nice to have and there are lots of social opportunities.

Cons

The company holidays and PTO could be better, but most managers and directors do take care of their employees. Also, there are no tuition or education assistance programs.

Consider adding some days off such as a couple more holidays or personal days that employees can use for the holidays that are important to them. Consider adding education assistance as a benefit.

Some potential

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Speedy Group Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays. Corporate support is usually very nice to work with. Growing company.

Cons

Poor communications from some RDs and DMs. I've heard an RD publicly belittle employees without mentioning their names in managers meetings. He thinks that makes it anonymous and ok. Everyone knows who he is referring to. Some RDs and DMs don't know how to talk to employees without making them feel stupid. It won't kill them to be nicer.

Make sure your RDs and DMs know how to communicate with people in a way that lives up to company values.

Nice first job

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Speedy Group Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have a straight forward job that changes very little Day to day. You are able to work face to face and over the phone with customers.

Cons

Your experience is highly dependant upon your district manager and store manager. A poor combination results in a very unpleasant work experience.

Communicate between districts

Fast-growing organization

Former Employee - Training Manager in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Training Manager in Wichita, KS

I worked at Speedy Group Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities as the company grows.

Cons

Some growing pains are evident.

This is a good company to work for. Mostly.

I have been working at Speedy Group Holdings

Pros

Free food on Fridays. Decent benefits. Fun work environment.

Cons

Very demanding. Retail-like at the window. Often disorganized from the store level up to the corporate level.

Get organized! It's difficult to run a store when we get directives but nobody knows what to do or our systems are up to date.

Horrible.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Speedy Group Holdings

Pros

Free food fridays (depending if your store allows you to pick your own food.)

Cons

Horrible management and services. The biggest problem i've found is.. due to being stuck in a metal box for nine hours of the day, gossip runs rampant all throughout the company stores. The company unfortunately sits busy work in your lap, just to keep you busy on slower days making it very depressing to work. The pay, insurance, and 401k are very low grade, you are expected to work like a banker but aren't compensated like one. Set schedules are a big no no, sometimes you open early and sometimes you close late, it makes it very hard to have any other type of activity and forces you to constantly work around business hours. Company hours run monday through sunday and due to so many stores being short expect to work a weekends.

Get back to the drawing board, start over, the reason you constantly have to hire is because you're constantly losing people. Implement new ideas, catch up with the times.

The training really prepares you for all the tasks you must accomplish. Company is growing rapidly and appreciates your input.

I have been working at Speedy Group Holdings

Pros

Pay is great. Opportunity for advancement. Benefits and bonuses at all levels. Vacation and sick time.

Cons

No set hours. Work weekends and some holidays.

Investment in technology is second to none!

Current Employee - Senior Network Analyst in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Network Analyst in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Speedy Group Holdings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been in IT/Networking field for 15+ years, and just recently came to work for the IT department at Speedy Cash. I have been thoroughly impressed with the direction the company is going, and their willingness to invest in the latest and greatest technologies. Additionally, the work atmosphere is very relaxed, and the management is very supportive. My only regret is not coming to work for them sooner!

Cons

While the insurance coverage was comparable to my previous employer, the premiums were higher. Still pretty affordable though.

Speedy Group Holdings Response

Dec 29, 2014Technical Recruiter

So glad to hear you are excited about our latest and greatest technology as well as our relaxed and supportive work environment. We have also heard you in regards to the healthcare costs and know we ... More

Fast work, very little time to take a bathroom break. Your every move, every word is watched.

I worked at Speedy Group Holdings

Pros

You learn how sad it is the number of old people who depend on this service to survive. They are in a nightmare they can't get out of.

Cons

there are no cons for this company

give your employees time off, time to use the restroom without pressure and more help

Good company to get your foot in the door of the finance industry.

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Montclair, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Montclair, CA

I worked at Speedy Group Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee Incentives, room for growth

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication between team, pushing people to get loans they may not be able to afford

Speedy Group Holdings Photos