Speedy Stop Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Clifton Leo (Cliff) Thomas, Jr.

1. Good Place

I have been working at Speedy Stop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am really sorry I left this wonderful place. Every one was really nice and the girls were smoking hot.

Cons

The dress code was too restrictive. The break room had a camera in it.

Advice to Management

Take the camera out of the break room

2. Speedy Stop

I worked at Speedy Stop full-time

Pros

Good benefits and vacation packages. There is a bonus system.available for meeting your GP quotas, most clientele are pleasant.

Cons

This is a very cut throat company with many upper management and home office changes occurring-many of which you aren't informed off or are mislead on until they go into effect.

Advice to Management

Keep track of your numbers, build a good relationship with your District Manager and home office staff. The corporate office has/had amazingly helpful people.

3. I enjoyed this job I learned so much there. The co workers were awesome and the mangers are great

Former Employee - Csr1 in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Kingwood, TX

Pros

teamwork everyone works together all tasks do

Cons

managers are to bossy at times

5. Cashier

Pros

I hated working here. There were not any pros. I happily left after four months, and I never looked back.

Cons

Management was highly unprofessional. The store manager and assistant manager were always flirting with the customers and cursing inappropriately. I was treated unfairly by the staff, and I was harassed by another employee. This place was toxic to say the least

Advice to Management

Quit, if you haven't already.

6. Terrible Management Team

Pros

They offer a good benefit package

Cons

The store I worked had 3 managers in 18 months. The DM was unfriendly and condescending at times. The employee turnover was way too high partially because of the constant management turn over with resulting low morale!

Advice to Management

Find new mid level managers.

7. Overall Working for Speedy Stop is a positive experience . Although, there are many obstacles to triumph over.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Speedy Stop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason was the finances. It was fair pay for a fair amount of work.

Cons

Even though, Speedy Stop promises oppurtunity in employment and advancement in the company there isn't. There is a close knitted upper management group that underhandedly bullies and undermines ones assets that they provide for the company. " If you don't fit in you don't get in."

Advice to Management

I am not in any form as experienced as the human resources department personnel is but may I ask ; for the future of the company, may be could you do more analyzing on the situations brought to attention? Do we follow a process of elimination and is it thorough? If Speedy Stop is a company with a promise of future for their employees then why isn't th ere a chancet to retrain or restart?

8. It was fun to work here.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Lavaca, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Lavaca, TX

I worked at Speedy Stop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In over all meeting the customers was the best part of this job. Made lots of friends that keep coming back day after day.

Cons

It was a good job. But when u have coworkers who thought it was a play ground and didn't want to do work this job got to be a problem.

Advice to Management

I did get along with my manager.

9. why/ what did you hear?

Former Employee - Manager Speedy Stop
    Former Employee - Manager Speedy Stop

I worked at Speedy Stop full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Their customers are the greatest!

Cons

Gossipy upper management. Too much going around.

10. Decent job, but with draw backs

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Speedy Stop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Above minimum wage pay for starting Customer Service Representative. -Potential to move up in the company -Decent benefits

Cons

-Pay is too low for the amount of work required. I make $8.50 an hour and I am basically on-call 24/7. I work graveyards 4+ nights a week, and have to work weekends and holidays. I am not compensated for any of these factors. You only receive extra pay for working Christmas day and Thanksgiving. And even then its only time and a half. -I get called in on days off to work at other locations, yet am punished if I hit overtime. -There is no fixed schedule, we normally find out what our week's work schedule is the day before a new week starts. This causes many problems. Additionally, the 2 people at my store that work the graveyard shift also work morning and day shifts. This week I've worked 10pm-6am, 6am-2pm, 2pm-11pm, and 10pm-8am. This obviously causes problems with sleeping, as I'm not able to develop any kind of regular sleep schedule. -No breaks at all, even during long shifts. I work 8, 9, and 10-hour shifts every week. I have worked 12, 13, 14, and 16 hour shifts before. Even during these long shifts, I get 0 breaks and am not allowed to sit down AT ALL. You can eat when there are no customers in the store, but you have to make it fast. -Many, many benefits were removed from the previous owner of the store I work at. -Management has shown itself to be somewhat incompetent, punishing employees when they can't figure out what happened. -If you work more than 32 hours a week on average, you're supposed to be considered full time. However, myself and a few of my coworkers work an average of 38-39.5 hours a week and are considered part time, and are therefore paid less and receive less benefits overall. However, this might be because we haven't quite been working there for 1 year yet.

Advice to Management

Please consider making things easier for the people working night shifts, maybe pay night shifts a flat amount extra per hour, as other companies do. A bit of schedule consistency would go a long way, as well.

11. current employee for 10 yrs. 5 as assistant manager in Houston, Tx.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Speedy Stop full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

dedicated to employees and their families good benefits package great people

Cons

flexible scheduling - It makes it hard to scheduling anything in advance because you don't know when you will be working

RSS Feed </> Embed