Speedy Stop

Speedy Stop Reviews

Updated May 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Clifton Leo (Cliff) Thomas, Jr.

Good Place

ProsI am really sorry I left this wonderful place. Every one was really nice and the girls were smoking hot.

ConsThe dress code was too restrictive. The break room had a camera in it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the camera out of the break room

Terrible Management Team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey offer a good benefit package

ConsThe store I worked had 3 managers in 18 months. The DM was unfriendly and condescending at times. The employee turnover was way too high partially because of the constant management turn over with resulting low morale!

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new mid level managers.

Overall Working for Speedy Stop is a positive experience . Although, there are many obstacles to triumph over.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe best reason was the finances. It was fair pay for a fair amount of work.

ConsEven though, Speedy Stop promises oppurtunity in employment and advancement in the company there isn't. There is a close knitted upper management group that underhandedly bullies and undermines ones assets that they provide for the company. " If you don't fit in you don't get in."

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not in any form as experienced as the human resources department personnel is but may I ask ; for the future of the company, may be could you do more analyzing on the situations brought to attention? Do we follow a process of elimination and is it thorough? If Speedy Stop is a company with a promise of future for their employees then why isn't th ere a chancet to retrain or restart?

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was fun to work here.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Port Lavaca, TX

ProsIn over all meeting the customers was the best part of this job. Made lots of friends that keep coming back day after day.

ConsIt was a good job. But when u have coworkers who thought it was a play ground and didn't want to do work this job got to be a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementI did get along with my manager.

why/ what did you hear?

Manager Speedy Stop (Former Employee)

ProsTheir customers are the greatest!

ConsGossipy upper management. Too much going around.

Decent job, but with draw backs

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

Pros-Above minimum wage pay for starting Customer Service Representative.
    -Potential to move up in the company
    -Decent benefits

Cons-Pay is too low for the amount of work required. I make $8.50 an hour and I am basically on-call 24/7. I work graveyards 4+ nights a week, and have to work weekends and holidays. I am not compensated for any of these factors. You only receive extra pay for working Christmas day and Thanksgiving. And even then its only time and a half.
    -I get called in on days off to work at other locations, yet am punished if I hit overtime.
    -There is no fixed schedule, we normally find out what our week's work schedule is the day before a new week starts. This causes many problems. Additionally, the 2 people at my store that work the graveyard shift also work morning and day shifts. This week I've worked 10pm-6am, 6am-2pm, 2pm-11pm, and 10pm-8am. This obviously causes problems with sleeping, as I'm not able to develop any kind of regular sleep schedule.
    -No breaks at all, even during long shifts. I work 8, 9, and 10-hour shifts every week. I have worked 12, 13, 14, and 16 hour shifts before. Even during these long shifts, I get 0 breaks and am not allowed to sit down AT ALL. You can eat when there are no customers in the store, but you have to make it fast.
    -Many, many benefits were removed from the previous owner of the store I work at.
    -Management has shown itself to be somewhat incompetent, punishing employees when they can't figure out what happened.
    -If you work more than 32 hours a week on average, you're supposed to be considered full time. However, myself and a few of my coworkers work an average of 38-39.5 hours a week and are considered part time, and are therefore paid less and receive less benefits overall. However, this might be because we haven't quite been working there for 1 year yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider making things easier for the people working night shifts, maybe pay night shifts a flat amount extra per hour, as other companies do. A bit of schedule consistency would go a long way, as well.

current employee for 10 yrs. 5 as assistant manager in Houston, Tx.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosdedicated to employees and their families
    good benefits package
    great people

Consflexible scheduling - It makes it hard to scheduling anything in advance because you don't know when you will be working

fast paced

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsOpportunity to move up in company

Conswants more work for less

Pretty fair overall

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsGreat, family friendly environment. Pretty flexible hours and decent pay.

ConsCompany wise I've seen very little faults, but in my particular area there is NOT enough team work.

Worked for Speedy Stop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Speedy Stop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Speedy Stop CEO Clifton Leo (Cliff) Thomas, Jr. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Speedy Stop employees.