www.spencediamonds.com

4.0

Sean Jones

Amazing opportunities

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time

Pros

Very supportive environment, challenging and always striving to be better than the day before. An amazing place to build your career, while developing yourself as well. Employees at every level truly care to see each other excel, and support each other. Great leadership and leadership development.

Cons

Most weekends are at work and really high performance standards, but that's what the top earners strive for anyway!

Have more sales contests

It was awful

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

To learn about the industry and make connections

Cons

Everything. It's just an awful place to work

good luck keeping your job.

Inspiring Team & Inspired Work

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Inspiring place to work. Everyone here strives for excellence. They are a team that is committed to excellence, and standing for one another to be successful. Couple weeks in and really learning a lot. Enjoying my time with the Spence family.

Cons

Takes hard work - but I am up for it and live for a good challenge

I deeply respect my Manager and DM. They are committed to excellence and supporting me to be successful.

Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Diamond Consultant - ABM in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Diamond Consultant - ABM in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working with people in love all day is a really uplifting thing. Takes hard work to earn our client's business, but it is worth it. My clients leave happy and I leave happy each day - as I am able to provide a great living for my family. Opportunities to learn and grow are plentiful. Development is a daily thing. If you are up for working hard each day and being rewarded for your hard work, then you want to be here.

Cons

Can be challenging to work weekends in the summer especially - but you have your evenings still, as the hours are still very accommodating.

Nothing at this time

Endless Opportunities to Learn, Grow and Make Money

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Super supportive work environment - you have access to tons of learning tools, books, audiotapes, courses, etc. You really are set up to be super successful here. Appreciative of the opportunities to grow and build a career here. Takes hard work and drive each day - but the end game is worth it. Get to work with some amazing people and you get to make some serious money doing it.

Cons

Not for the faint hearted - which is the way we like it! We will not have our clients being helped by people that aren't 100% committed to meeting their needs. Takes hard work and commitment to be successful here, but the end game is worth it. Get to see ecstatic customers in love AND make a very great living doing it!

Diamond Consultant

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great career, great money, awesome teams to work with. Supportive atmosphere.
    Every day is a new challenge and a lot of fun. I love it here!
    The company provides the diamond education and great sale training. The employee is encouraged and supported to continue to develop through training, courses, seminars, books etc

Cons

Only people who are committed to self/career development need apply.

Make the bonus structure more transparent.

frustrating

Current Employee - Diamond Consultant
    Current Employee - Diamond Consultant

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A generally rewarding experience when it comes to meeting and helping clients, people who walk through the doors are usually happy and want help. You can make a decent income while doing something you like

Cons

Dont ever expect weekends off as a store will usually never be fully staffed, constant turn over when it comes to management and staff. You will be micro managed and stressed during your time with the company

dont be a puppet and dont blame the sales team for your failures

Diamond Consultant

I worked at Spence Diamonds full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You have a chance to learn about Diamonds.

Cons

Sales culture is terrible, most new hires last less then 4 weeks. Must memorize a 8 page sales script word for word. Second week on full budget, third week on warning for not making budget. Fourth week gone,please don't leave a job do go there on a pipe dream to make six figures.

An honour to be a member of the Spence team!

Current Employee - Store Support Center in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Store Support Center in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Had the pleasure of attending the 2014 Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures Summit & Gala recently in Toronto, as a proud ambassador of the company.

To be in the company of many other great employers was humbling. My proudest moment was sharing with other attendees what we are up to as a company, who we are and what we stand for. A collection of great people here at Spence, up to big things in their lives. We are all up for playing a big game, having the courage to take risks and doing the work to create an amazing team, company and environment that we all enjoy and flourish within.

A really amazing team to be creating my future with. To top it all off, we get to play a small part in our clients' heart-warming joyous occasions... An experience and business that I am very proud to be a member of.

Cons

No cons! Looking forward to having the privilege of extending our reach to even more clients in Canada and the world, and growing our team size - as we build and grow the business!

Working at Spence Diamonds has uplifted me to be more successful than ever before!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Spence Diamonds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I recently had the incredible honour and experience of representing my company at the Canada's Top 10 Corporate Cultures Event in Toronto. It meant so much for me to have the privilege to attend because I really feel it is only through my employment with Spence Diamonds that my life has really turned around and both professionally and personally I am more successful than ever before. I attribute this completely to the culture that has and is being created. Our company provides every partner with the support and access to developmental education on a very deep and personal level. I learned what it meant to DESIGN a life that is worth living to me and HOW to do it. I was then given the support and tools to make it happen!! It doesn't happen overnight...I have had every person in our organization make a stand for me, I can pick up the phone and call absolutly anyone and be supported in what it is I am up to. Through many conversations, both fun, informative and difficult I have an awareness about myself I have never had before. I am honest with myself and others, I have integrity and I am working every day on the strong foundation I need to develop to get me where I want to go. I have a story that pulls at the heart strings. Almost 5 years ago now I left an unhealthy marriage, I left without taking anything and went directly to care for my mother who was very ill with cancer. I went into debt to be able to do this and for the first time was really on my own, unsure about providing for myself as in my prior relationship I was treated like sales did not amount to much. In my first year at Spence I doubled my income, paid off all my debt from leaving a bad situation and taking care of my family. In my second year I paid for my divorce, and bought my very own house-putting 20% down!!! In my third year I renovated my house and bought beautiful furniture...and the journey continues. One of the reasons I was able to go to Toronto from our Edmonton location was because I broke a record for sales at Spence. The average jewellery store will sell around 1 million a year. At Spence the average consultant will sell around 1.5 million each...and I nearly tripled what an entire store would do by selling near 3 million dollars. This would not be possible without working with and through others. This would not be possible without all the support and access to the Personal Development that has been given to me. It is amazing to me that Spence spends money, time and resources on providing each and every team partner with access to personal development learning, training and coaching. Spence made a stand for me in my life, and when I say Spence EVERY PERSON has made a stand for me. In what I am up to, who I could be and what I could do. This has had a profound impact on my personal relationships, my relationship with myself and my relationships with my co-workers and clients. I am so excited about who I am and who I am developing myself to be. I never would have seen what is possible in this way without the teaching, learning and support of Spence to develop myself. And the best part is through all this work that has transformed my heart and mind not only is life worth living in a new way, it also shows up financially! All the work and support I have put into who I am has lead to a breakthrough in sales for me. It is directly because of the personal development and coaching I received through Spence. It has changed my life and the direction I am now going in I have forever to thank because of Sean and my team. Not only was it a privilege to go to Toronto and share my story, I want the World to know what our team is up to, how we are transforming ourselves, changing the world and our organization! I would travel anywhere and everywhere to proudly represent, share and give back to the culture, community and people who have given me a new life!

Cons

The only challenge working at Spence is that not everyone is always up to learn and grow. We make a stand for every individual, and we provide the same access to everyone for development and coaching. To be at Spence you are part of a greater team and community all standing for each other to be uplifted to be more successful than ever before. Sometimes that looks like updating "old software" so to speak internally in our own hearts and heads. It is not for the weak at heart. You really need to want to live a Big life, up to something greater than just yourself to be here. I don't consider that a con at all...although it is a challenge, and not everyone is a fit for that reason. We all strive for excellence and push each other to be the very best version of ourselves that we can dream up! And that is a very specific and special culture to be in if you are up for the work.

Our management is very special as well. My manager really empowers me to be a leader in my store. In sales and in personal development with others. She does not micro-manage. She performance manages. I am who I am because of how she holds me accountable and encourages me...and mostly because it is important to me to be a leader and be impacting my team to be more successful than ever before and she EMPOWERS me to take that on and encourages my leadership with others to make a difference! We all work together in different ways to achieve the success that we do...I work for the number one store in our company and the number one manager in our company and her stand to really see others become all they can be is truly amazing. It takes a lot of love for people and for developing something that is greater than just one person...to do what we are doing is done by the leadership we have to develop and work as a team. We all use our strengths to work together and everyone is committed to developing in all our weak areas - including our manager!! We very much take a holistic approach to every area...and we are ALL a part of it. Including Sean! He really is a leader for the whole organization in what it means to learn and develop himself and he is a leader for not only every manager but every human being in our company for what it means to learn, grow and develop ourselves to more successful than ever before-IN LIFE. Every area, it is all important. By focusing on who are creating ourselves to be and not just the numbers, we have seen higher numbers than ever before. That is very special and takes strong and committed leadership and management that is up to a much bigger life than just operating a retail store. We put our lives into it and in exchange we get an incredible and even bigger life back! My advice as this section asks...don't ever stop doing what you are doing or giving up...transforming the lives of our people is what is transforming our business as well!! Its amazing, and I am proud and privileged to do the work with you all.

Spence Diamonds Photos