Spencer Reed Group

William Solon

Very Supportive Contract Recruiting Firm

Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer  in  Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Vero Beach, FL

Pros

Great recruiters who know their placements.

Cons

There are no cons as this is an exceptional company to work for!

Provide Travel rewards to meet contractors that are placed for more than 3 months.

Setup for failure!

Former Employee - Network Administrator  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Good equipment supplied for network administrator to use, people are mostly friendly.

Cons

IT department has allot to learn about training up new employees in their department. Given equipment to use for position and then showed little of the environment. After three weeks, no communication and instructed to not speak or disturb system administrator who is the only person available to learn from.

Need to make sure job position qualifications are met and explained to new potential employees and not set them up for failure, like what happened to me. I lost my new home i was suppose to close on and got evicted from my rental because It was the holidays and I could not get unemployment or another job quickly!

One of the best overall environments I have ever worked

Current Employee - Director Business Development  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Director Business Development in Overland Park, KS

Pros

This is an organization who allows its employees to grow from a business aspect while promoting an environment and culture which is positive and family oriented. They are supportive of their employees in providing a platform to succeed.

Cons

We are a commission driven environment which was hit hard during the economic downturn in employment. We lost some long term employees. Spencer Reed has more long term tenured employees than any other staffing firm in the KC area.

Perhaps look at a new pay arrangement for our employees. Commission driven environments are difficult and often times we lose those who perhaps could be future top producers. The reason our reputation is strong is based on the long term leadership in conjunction with the reputation of having long term employees. Employers do not like to see turnover in their own firms and do not want to see it in the staffing firms they are utilizing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Generally supportive, and, can be recommended, but, without some reservations to make autonomous decisions

Former Employee - Senior IT Recruiter  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Corporate amenities, such as work space, break room, logistics ( ie parking, location ) above average. Benefit package among the best. Infrastructure (ie communications, network, data base ) more than adequate to do your job.

Cons

Management Practices too monolithic. Very little consensus building. Industry Practice sharing was minimal. Many way was all about " Turf " building and in some cases, in-fighting.

Provide more joint-assessment for KPI's to know exact corporate benchmarks, before RIF has to be implemented. More than just " Same Day Lay-Offs for cost-cutting" reasons. I know SRG , like any ' At-Will ' employer is not obligated to provide more, in such circumstances, but, there is a thing for having a "human face" to better handle such RIFs in the future. Otherwise Management is fair.

DALLAS OFFICE REVIEW

Current Employee - Research Analyst  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

THE OWNERS ARE BUSINESS PEOPLE AND HAVE EXPRESSED TO ALL THE EMPLOYEES THAT YOUR GROWTH IS DEPENDING ON YOURSELF. If you need help or extra training material everything is posted on the company intranet. So it is up to you to decide the level of training you want. Of course everyone wants to achieve the best. Fellow colleagues are upbeat and friendly with responses. It's like a family as far as the support goes. Especially in the hard economic times that has everyone less than energetic we recieve praise and ideas so that we don't get discourged. Nobody's pay has been cut. Corner's are not being cut. We still have quotas that need to be meet but we are reminded in a firm but yet non abrasive way.

Cons

NOT REALLY A DOWNSIDE. JUST HARD TO HAVE INTERAction WITH OTHER OFFICES THAT ARE OUT OF TEXAS. If there is an IT issue you have to be very detailed about the concern and the wait for IT to log onto your computer and fix it. The other thing that I feel is a downside is the marketing department is in overland park and again it's a waiting game for materials or anything else that we may want ordered. In saying all of that I still would not call that a downside as much as I would just part of having a cooperate office out of your area. We are still working hard and just greatful that we have certain items avaibabl to this team.

KEEP UP THE MOTIVATION. WE NEED IT AND APPRECIATE IT.

Sales role

Former Employee - IT Recruiter
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter

Pros

Caring staff and communication was good

Cons

Compensation is tricky here. The commision plan would be better if it were simpler

more training is needed

Worked for Spencer Reed Group? Contribute to the Community!