Spherion

Be The First To
Add Photos

Spherion President Loretta Pen

Loretta Pen

Pros
  • The work/life balance was very good(in 9 reviews)

• Spherion has a large well known name(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401k match for several years(in 6 reviews)

• Too heavy in upper management ranks(in 7 reviews)

I had a really good experience with Spherion. Very nice and professional.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

ProsWorking with really great companies!

ConsI have no cons at this point.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing! :)

Administrative Long Term Temp

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsGreat management team. Enjoyed working in different offices while gaining loads of experience.

ConsThe assignment was long term temp, sorry that it had to end

Spherion hired me to work for Aon Hewitt in Orlando

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThere was no real interview process. You went to their office and they gave you a date and time to do the drug testing. Once that was completed they told you when and where to go to start the job. The first day the company was not ready so they sent us home with pay.

ConsThe hiring manager was unorganized, she often would fire people for things that the manual clearly stated where not true(attendance, late log-in, research issues) I often had to keep track of my own time to avoid being fired for errors on the manager's part. When I was offered a perm position by the company it seemed that I was being bullied into taking the position. I took the position but was then contacted by Spherion to do a background check...why? I still don't know why they would do that. I was no longer employed by them and couldn't get the home office to explain by they would do a credit/background check once I was released. Getting time off was not an option unless you had a court proceeding or a ER receipt. There was no paid time off offer at all. You were expected to show up everyday on time regardless of any unforeseen (life) situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck on your managers work and make sure they are following the policies in the manual. If I had not kept a copy of my manual I would have been fired for something that was clearly not part of the policy. I had many co-workers told they were let go for contract expired. WE never even signed a contract. It was an excuse to lay people off when the client was slow.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Great opportunities with big name clients
    -Fair pay

Cons-Management didn't get too personal.

Stay away at all costs

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits and compensation were great.

ConsDisorganization, disfunction and management who are not qualified on any level. Some act as if this is high school.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit changing the management. Hire competent leaders. Treat your employees as part of the solution and not the problem.

a great place to start if never worked before.

Server/Caterer (Current Employee) Mobile, AL

Prosgood people to work for.

Consnot enough work for a stable income.

Advice to Senior Managementoffer more jobs to felons.

great starter

Insurance Representative (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsNice people to work with and the pay was nice being on a contract overtime was nice as well

Conscontract to hire. Hard to get perm

Advice to Senior Managementsome people were nice and some people were not like on any place of employment

Vedss

Warehouse Temp (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsGood pay for being a temp, nice coworkers, lunch breaks.

ConsNo challenge in job, distance from home took most my pay into gas, continuously doing the same thing assembly line clothing tagger got very boring standing on feet for 8 straight hours with only two 15 minute breaks. I did not know who my supervisor or manager was because it was unclear who I was to go to if I had questions. Not a career potential, and I like to communicate with people. This job was very minimal communicating with other coworkers and I like to open up and chat with people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the employees higher pay, and provide free lunch. Give the temps a higher chance of opportunity at working full time at JC Penney Logistic.

Spherion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to get hired. Flexible schedules.

ConsPolitics give promotions not skill.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your hard workers. SHOW them you appreciate them.

Great starting point

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThis company was a great foot in the door company for me with my current company. They got me in at an entry level position that lead to me getting a permanent position later on.

ConsBecause it was an entry level position it was hard for me to clime the ladder per say. Guys with less experience are being brought in at or about the same pay. So over all Great company but shoot high when you go to a company if you have any experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat team for what they do.

Worked for Spherion? Contribute to the Community!