Spherion

Be The First To
Add Photos

Spherion President Loretta Pen

Loretta Pen

Pros
  • The work/life balance was very good(in 9 reviews)

• Spherion has a large well known name(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401k match for several years(in 6 reviews)

• Too heavy in upper management ranks(in 7 reviews)

Working with largest accumulation of Bipolar people.

Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsSame as going to a circus

ConsManagement is awarded for acting like a seven year old with a temper tantrum. HR does nothing about it and nobody cares. Directors think they are slave masters with whips and drive you against impossible odds. "What do you mean you can't fill 115 positions in 3 weeks? Do something!" Waaay too many morons with a VP or Director title that should seriously get their head checked. Any other company, you would just be called a manager. Sexual harassment flying around like an airborne disease.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately, I worked with the bulk of the bad ones. My advice is only to them.... Seek mental health treatment. There is no shame in it.

horrible

Scanning Operator (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prostheir are none pros in your new york office

Consthey hire at one salary and pay you below the salary you were hired at

Advice to Senior Managementlearn how to manage

They had me working at three different companies.

Production Worker (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsThey would always look for work for you.

ConsThe pay for the positions they sent me to were not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice to give

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Spherion hired me to work for Aon Hewitt in Orlando

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThere was no real interview process. You went to their office and they gave you a date and time to do the drug testing. Once that was completed they told you when and where to go to start the job. The first day the company was not ready so they sent us home with pay.

ConsThe hiring manager was unorganized, she often would fire people for things that the manual clearly stated where not true(attendance, late log-in, research issues) I often had to keep track of my own time to avoid being fired for errors on the manager's part. When I was offered a perm position by the company it seemed that I was being bullied into taking the position. I took the position but was then contacted by Spherion to do a background check...why? I still don't know why they would do that. I was no longer employed by them and couldn't get the home office to explain by they would do a credit/background check once I was released. Getting time off was not an option unless you had a court proceeding or a ER receipt. There was no paid time off offer at all. You were expected to show up everyday on time regardless of any unforeseen (life) situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck on your managers work and make sure they are following the policies in the manual. If I had not kept a copy of my manual I would have been fired for something that was clearly not part of the policy. I had many co-workers told they were let go for contract expired. WE never even signed a contract. It was an excuse to lay people off when the client was slow.

Stay away at all costs

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits and compensation were great.

ConsDisorganization, disfunction and management who are not qualified on any level. Some act as if this is high school.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit changing the management. Hire competent leaders. Treat your employees as part of the solution and not the problem.

Short Term and I wasn't told specifics of job I was told to go to jobsite

Data Entry (Former Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsI can't think of any

ConsYou are lucky if you get details of what to expect from the position they will be sending you to

Advice to Senior ManagementThe local recruiters need some educating on the tactics of hiring and communication with jobsites so the information can be relayed verbatem to the prospective employer

Nightmare!

Administrative Support (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsThey will place you in good companies that at least treat you better than other temp agencies

ConsYou can NEVER take a day off under any cirsumstance. The recruiters are very rude and judge you if you do need to take a day off. Oh, and they will tell you that the company you're assigned to is interested in hiring you, when they really aren't

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and hire nice people to work in your offices. Ones that will let employees take a day off without hassel. It's only your company's reputation on the line.

Poor management and poor hiring choices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmon-friday 8-5 job. Holidays off

Conshaving to reject qualified applicants, to hire people who have no work ethic or experience. Clique driven and inappropriate manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new manager and new hiring system

Very Poor Management

IT Supervisor (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe people that worked for SFN Group were the best.

ConsManagement was one of the worst I have ever seen in all my life the company sold far below it true value and the upper management walked away with millions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are gone and the new company should think long and hard about using any part of their management culture.

Disappointment

Warehouse Temp (Current Employee) Bloomington, IL

ProsWill find work placement for you.

ConsCommunications between Spherion and their "Client" (where they placed you) falls short. Example: You inform Spherion before placement of time needed off and they assure you that there will be no issue and it will be handled but the information is not forwarded to the client.
    This is just one example of communication issues with this branch.
    They will also request that you not show to your job and threaten your position until an issue is resolved even though the client has not requested your contract be pulled. The problem being a compliance issue brought to the clients attention that unfortunately did not favor Spherion.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement skill sets need improvement

Worked for Spherion? Contribute to the Community!