www.spherion.com

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.5

Sandy Mazur

Pros
  • The work/life balance was very good (in 9 reviews)

• Spherion has a large well known name (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401k match for several years (in 6 reviews)

• No matter how well you're treated, you're still a Temp, lacking job security, benefits, opportunity for advancement (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Poor practices if getting temp employees hired permanently.

Former Employee - Assembler in Bristol, IN
    Former Employee - Assembler in Bristol, IN

I worked at Spherion as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They seem to place you quickly, pay wasn't too bad but poor for the position.

Cons

Permanent placement is outrageously long term. Terrible benefits. Trying to communicate concerns to the recruiter doesn't seem to get anywhere. Any pay adjustments to the contract are not passed to employees.

Encourage your customers to permanently hire contract employees in a reasonable timeframe. Clearly if you have been contracted for over a year they are happy with your performance. Pass on pay increases, listens to your temps on their concerns, and respond timely.

Unhappy X- Employee

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Spherion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They found me a job quickly with 2 months training but I was highly trained prior for the type of work I was doing. No pros I can recall, it was a negative experience unfortunately.

Cons

Many. Lack of communication regarding a poor work environment. No one got along, I never experienced that in my lifetime prior as I get along with co-workers always.

Hire better reps to represent your company. When an employee wants to speak with management, don't push them away. Communicate properly with your employees,

Started out positive,became negative once hired

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Pierce, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Pierce, FL

I have been working at Spherion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay & hours were decent.suitably placed for the job position.interview relatively easy

Cons

Spherion rep was negligent & very irresponsible with responding back if you called or emailed if there were issues with the worksite .the rep assigned to us was an on again off again rep with the contracted company so you never their status. rep was rarely available as a go between,seemed to take days if ever to get back to you.very unreliable.

management as well as their reps seem to have the mentality of once hired they dont want to hear from you. they only seem to care about getting you hired. then wont and dont want to hear from you.i would not recommend this agency to anyone as they do not support their employees in my job assignment.maybe they need to do a better job of getting some better reps as the experience with the ones i had were negative. after your'e hired your'e a number.head of the office who interviewed me & hired me became an entirely different person once hired. you never hear from them again.

Working with largest accumulation of Bipolar people.

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Spherion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Same as going to a circus

Cons

Management is awarded for acting like a seven year old with a temper tantrum. HR does nothing about it and nobody cares. Directors think they are slave masters with whips and drive you against impossible odds. "What do you mean you can't fill 115 positions in 3 weeks? Do something!" Waaay too many morons with a VP or Director title that should seriously get their head checked. Any other company, you would just be called a manager. Sexual harassment flying around like an airborne disease.

Unfortunately, I worked with the bulk of the bad ones. My advice is only to them.... Seek mental health treatment. There is no shame in it.

horrible

Former Employee - Scanning Operator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Scanning Operator in New York, NY

I worked at Spherion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

their are none pros in your new york office

Cons

they hire at one salary and pay you below the salary you were hired at

learn how to manage

They had me working at three different companies.

Former Employee - Production Worker in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Production Worker in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Spherion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They would always look for work for you.

Cons

The pay for the positions they sent me to were not good.

I have no advice to give

Spherion hired me to work for Aon Hewitt in Orlando

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Spherion as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

There was no real interview process. You went to their office and they gave you a date and time to do the drug testing. Once that was completed they told you when and where to go to start the job. The first day the company was not ready so they sent us home with pay.

Cons

The hiring manager was unorganized, she often would fire people for things that the manual clearly stated where not true(attendance, late log-in, research issues) I often had to keep track of my own time to avoid being fired for errors on the manager's part. When I was offered a perm position by the company it seemed that I was being bullied into taking the position. I took the position but was then contacted by Spherion to do a background check...why? I still don't know why they would do that. I was no longer employed by them and couldn't get the home office to explain by they would do a credit/background check once I was released. Getting time off was not an option unless you had a court proceeding or a ER receipt. There was no paid time off offer at all. You were expected to show up everyday on time regardless of any unforeseen (life) situation.

Check on your managers work and make sure they are following the policies in the manual. If I had not kept a copy of my manual I would have been fired for something that was clearly not part of the policy. I had many co-workers told they were let go for contract expired. WE never even signed a contract. It was an excuse to lay people off when the client was slow.

Stay away at all costs

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Spherion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits and compensation were great.

Cons

Disorganization, disfunction and management who are not qualified on any level. Some act as if this is high school.

Quit changing the management. Hire competent leaders. Treat your employees as part of the solution and not the problem.

Short Term and I wasn't told specifics of job I was told to go to jobsite

Former Employee - Data Entry in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Spherion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

You are lucky if you get details of what to expect from the position they will be sending you to

The local recruiters need some educating on the tactics of hiring and communication with jobsites so the information can be relayed verbatem to the prospective employer

Nightmare!

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Spherion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will place you in good companies that at least treat you better than other temp agencies

Cons

You can NEVER take a day off under any cirsumstance. The recruiters are very rude and judge you if you do need to take a day off. Oh, and they will tell you that the company you're assigned to is interested in hiring you, when they really aren't

Care about your employees and hire nice people to work in your offices. Ones that will let employees take a day off without hassel. It's only your company's reputation on the line.

Spherion Photos