Spherion

Updated August 16, 2014

3.2

Spherion President Loretta Pen
Loretta Pen

Pros
  • The work/life balance was very good (in 9 reviews)

• Spherion has a large well known name (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401k match for several years (in 6 reviews)

• Too heavy in upper management ranks (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

No advancement! Treated like dirt! No benefits

Former Employee - Kitting  in  South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Kitting in South Bend, IN

Pros

That you get paid and that's about it!

Cons

People do not care about you! No benefits! Only temp work and never got hired in permanently. I felt like I was mistreated. Pay sucked too but, it was money! No job security either. They don't look out for your interest. Stay away!

Value your employees more and give them a chance to get hired in. Pay better wages. Better communication!

Spherion Employment

Pros

Spherion does a good job of training employees. They are taking the best of Randstad training processes and make it seamless for franchise employees to use in the field

Cons

Spherion is very "old school", they are slow to embrace technology and the way younger generations demand work-life balance. Not much opportunity for advancement.

Consider a larger focus on work-life balance and opportunites for advancement.

Unhappy X- Employee

Former Employee - Client Service Representative  in  Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Port St Lucie, FL

Pros

They found me a job quickly with 2 months training but I was highly trained prior for the type of work I was doing. No pros I can recall, it was a negative experience unfortunately.

Cons

Many. Lack of communication regarding a poor work environment. No one got along, I never experienced that in my lifetime prior as I get along with co-workers always.

Hire better reps to represent your company. When an employee wants to speak with management, don't push them away. Communicate properly with your employees,

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent work environment. Pretty easy job.

Former Employee - Staffing Associate  in  Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Staffing Associate in Itasca, IL

Pros

Easy going management, easy job overall. It was a very young environment where team work was encouraged. Very metrics driven position.

Cons

Low end jobs to recruit on. High turnover for the temporary employees. There were not msny opportunities to move up in the organization.

Ok

Former Employee - Receptionist  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Redmond, WA

Pros

Lots of projects to work on while you're at the reception desk, so you are never bored. Allowed to dress up for Halloween.

Cons

No flexibility in hours. If you need to see a doctor, you are pretty much stuck having to wait until the weekend (assuming you can even find a doctor who will see you on the weekend). They read all of your email, so be careful what you write.

Give your employees a bit more flexibility when it comes to doctor appointments and family emergencies.

Great resource for people looking for temporary or full time jobs in business.

Pros

The recruiters are very personable and work to find you a position that will fit with your work experience and needs.

Cons

The online time card system has some quirks at times.

Need better web presence for your company and the service it provides.

Great and friendly company to work for.

Current Employee - Healthcare Call Center Representative  in  Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Healthcare Call Center Representative in Honolulu, HI

Pros

It is family owned, they are very relaxed

Cons

Some things might seem like they move slow.

Doing great

Started out positive,became negative once hired

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fort Pierce, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Pierce, FL

Pros

pay & hours were decent.suitably placed for the job position.interview relatively easy

Cons

Spherion rep was negligent & very irresponsible with responding back if you called or emailed if there were issues with the worksite .the rep assigned to us was an on again off again rep with the contracted company so you never their status. rep was rarely available as a go between,seemed to take days if ever to get back to you.very unreliable.

management as well as their reps seem to have the mentality of once hired they dont want to hear from you. they only seem to care about getting you hired. then wont and dont want to hear from you.i would not recommend this agency to anyone as they do not support their employees in my job assignment.maybe they need to do a better job of getting some better reps as the experience with the ones i had were negative. after your'e hired your'e a number.head of the office who interviewed me & hired me became an entirely different person once hired. you never hear from them again.

Data entry

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Madison, WI

Pros

Great work environment, Most people are friendly. Can wear jeans to work. Getting time off was very easy to do.

Cons

Certain departments were no so great. Moving departments if not happy within on wasn't so easy to do. Not treated like an actually employee but as a staffing company employee.

Listen to your employees about the department that they are in

Good Experience

Current Employee - Engineering Technician  in  Middleton, WI
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Middleton, WI

Pros

I am really glad they called me as I am very happy with the job I have. I just wish the company I work for, Spectrum Brands, could hire me permanently. My boss is trying to get us hired on, but is having difficulty with that as the corporate culture is to keep temporary workers on long-term without hiring them officially and giving them benefits.

Cons

The lack of a good benefit package is a con.

Worked for Spherion? Contribute to the Community!