Spiceworks Reviews

Reset
4.6
Spiceworks Co-Founder, President & CEO Jay Hallberg
Jay Hallberg

Pros
  • Very open and friendly company culture (in 11 reviews)

• Lots of perks: free food, fun company events, lots of hype around nerdy stuff (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There are definitely growing pains (in 6 reviews)

• Challenging targets, as the company is growing at a phenomenal rate but challenging targets are part of any sales position and company (in 3 reviews)

Sales

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great company to work for, very young environment. A lot of great company benefits which I have reviewed in separate review.

Cons

Job requirements really allow you to work from home, but frowned upon

Advice to Management

rapid growth can lose a great company culture...keep up the team activities and company-wide events to keep us friendly and in the know with eachother

I love working here!

Current Employee - Digital Marketing
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing

I have been working at Spiceworks (Less than a year)

Pros

-Incredible culture. Something you can't easily put on paper, but you can feel it while being here. -Everyone is extremely friendly. -It's a great feeling to do work for a place that you actually believe in. Spiceworks releases incredible products that I'm proud to support. -I love coming to work each day.

Cons

Only con would be the traffic on Capital of Texas Highway,

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The people that work here are very happy, so no matter how big the company gets stick to your roots!

Believe the hype!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for some amazing companies and Spiceworks is, by far, the best one all around. We all truly love coming to work and being a part of an organization we believe in. It's a wonderful feeling when you enjoy the day to day aspect of your job and management does a great job of mixing things up and keeping it interesting. The pay is competitive - the benefits are top notch - and the growth opportunities are endless.

Cons

There is no 'perfect' location in Austin - so my commute isn't the best - but is't also not the worst. Take back roads from downtown and enjoy the view.

Advice to Management

We love the transparency here - so keep it up!

Very Solid Culture

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time

Pros

I love the leadership at the company. This is the first place that I've ever worked where the culture is not forced but truly comes from folks who are passionate about what they do.

Cons

The company is growing fast, and experiencing all of the challenges that go with that. It's hard to maintain the feel of a small, agile company once you get to a certain size, but they really do seek to maintain that feel.

6. Employee

Current Employee - Texas in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Texas in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genuine, Transparent, awesome and best place I have ever worked for.

Cons

I don't have any except the location.

7. What you see is what you get!

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time

Pros

From the moment you walk into your first interview, you feel like you are a part of something great. The people are completely transparent with you. Spiceworks culture is one of a kind - and not the type that is defined by a ping pong table or a dart board. It's the kind of culture that makes you want to come to work every day. Coming to Spiceworks, where leadership defines the culture and does everything they can to maintain it, makes it truly a great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep it up - your positive & encouraging leadership culture is unparalleled.

Couldn't be happier

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once you are in, you are in. Every employee is treated with respect and appreciation. Inclusive doesn't even begin to describe the culture. The founders really try to make it a place where you feel valued and both your successes and failures are encouraged. They want you to experiment and use all your creativity and insight to help get the job done and contribute to the success of the company. I love going to work every day and working with my team. So much fun and tons of adventure make every day interesting and such a refreshing departure from the corporate hell I was living in the past few years. I really do feel like I've found the holy grail.

Cons

Tons of food. Like a lot. I definitely have gained a few lbs since starting and need to make sure I stay active or get in with one of the exercise groups that meet regularly in the office.

Advice to Management

Do your very very best to make sure this stays as far away from a typical corporate environment as much as possible.

UX/UI Designer

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time

Pros

Everyone here is super supportive and helpful, and of course lots of free food & great culture!

Cons

As a designer, there are not too many of us, so you wouldn't be surrounded by creative types.

Advice to Management

I don't think I have any advice for the management team. They are great :)

Ask the right questions for sales role

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and platform. CEO knows that selling ads won't keep the company going for the long term and the entire executive team is aligned with him on that. Very innovative to find other ways to make money with this thing

Cons

I've heard this from folks who left the sales team. Some of the quotas don't line up at all with the few remaining good fit accounts here. Just protect yourself knowing that most of the sales come from a few big accounts and you will likely never hit a huge quota unless you get a big kahuna handed to you who is already shelling out mucho dinero! Otherwise, smile and dial to close a bunch of teeny $10,000 deals that rarerly ever renew. Just make sure you start with a tiny quots for the 1st year and you'll be good! After that, you just farm your accounts. No hunting really.

I feel lucky to be working here!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing, the c-levels/founders treat everyone like equals and are very transparent, the work/life balance is great, everyone is so upbeat and positive, you actually feel valued here, and breakfast tacos every Monday and bagels every Friday!

Cons

The Traffic going to and from work is terrible

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, don't change a thing.

RSS Feed </> Embed