Spike TV

Updated Feb 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kevin Kay

A lot going on, but learn a lot very fast. Very friendly office.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Spike TV

ProsInteresting company, great people, tons of opportunity

ConsCommunication issues, a lot going on at once

Loved my Department ...

Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Spike TV full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorked in Programming research at Spike TV. Senior Management are smart, looked out for my career development and encouraged me to think creatively. I was promoted often and always got credit for my work. Research was regarded very highly and I felt a good sense of accomplishment almost everyday.

ConsOther departments would sometimes take research and interpret at their own discretion; creating some confusion. My coworkers in other departments seemed to have more issues with their managers in terms of lack of promotion/opportunity for growth. That sometimes created a negative environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpike Management - look to Research management if you want a great example of how to keep your employees happy and productive.

Fun, very down to earth people made this job a GREAT introduction to the industry

Original Programming and Development Intern (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Spike TV as an intern for less than a year

ProsPeople, projects, atmosphere (MTV building in Santa Monica, shares floor with Comedy Central), I've had an experience where I got to meet some comedians on a pilot set who all told me how great my bosses were at Spike. I only realized after I finished my internship how true these words were. Dustin Davis in particular, who is now at ABC, guided me through my neophyte phase of the TV industry.

ConsAs an intern, pay isn't the greatest. As in, not paid at all... Regardless, it's a priceless experience to work at a company like Spike to see how a network caters to a certain audience.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay smart about who you hire. Hire me full time and this job would be one of the best one could obtain.

Understaffed and employees are overworked and underpaid. Upper management does not care or fails to recognize

I have been working at Spike TV

ProsCo-workers and projects, benefits are great. It has the potential to create a good product and the branding is strong but there is a lot of competition though.

ConsThe hours, compensation, no support from above, and upper level out of touch with what is going on on the lower level. There is no support for growth. Many do not give positive feedback, recognition, and just focus on expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome upper level restructuring is needed. There needs to be some new faces to recharge the environment.

Personal identity at Spike is your key to success

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Spike TV

Proswe are able to work at our own pace...there is never anyone breathing down you neck about stuff. You know what needs to get done you do it and things work...its as simple as that.

ConsThere are so many people working here that it is kinda easy to get lost...you must maintain your own personal sense of self in order to rise to the top!

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter comunication

Energy Drink company struggles

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Spike TV

ProsCompany van, phone, laptop, health benefits. Outside sales schedule. Travel.

ConsUnrealistic goals to achieve, poor commission structure, management treats employees poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out how satisfied employees are treated at work.

Worked for Spike TV? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spike TV reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spike TV CEO Kevin Kay. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Spike TV employees.