Spireon

www.spireon.com

Spireon Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Marc Brungger

Amazing people - Passion. Dedication. Over-Achievers.

Management Job (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe people. There are really fun passionate people here. We do work hard, sometimes long hours - but hard work is definitely rewarded here. I like that there is not as much politics here as I've experienced in other companies ... that everyone has a voice and an opportunity to make a difference.

ConsSome time the hours are long.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great to hear what the other departments are working on when we do the state of union meetings ...

My career, my home, the place I plan to retire from.

Marketing (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsI've worked many places in my life, and none of them compare to Spireon. I am very pleased with the work environment, my co-workers (zero cattiness, everyone gets along), the management, and over-all atmosphere.

The benefits are great, pay is competitive, HR really does listen and acts.

This company is amazing, growing by leaps and bounds every single day. I can honestly say I am Proud to work here, what we stand for, and where we are going. Not a day goes by that I am not happy to get up in the morning and drive to work. I am 1000% happy and plan on never leaving!

ConsThere does seem to be some disorganization. However I believe that this is because of the speed of our growth. It's sometimes difficult to know everything that is going on when new things are upon us every day!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore of our "Town Hall Meetings" would be good. Give everyone a chance to be in the "know", give us the broader picture...some kudos for all of our hard work. Otherwise you are fantastic!

Yes, we work hard... and you'll reap the benefits, too.

Marketing (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsIf you are a self-starter and don't need to have your hand held, then this is a great place to work. We have the freedom and flexibility to make a decision and run with it. There's a high level of accountability, room to grow, and you will never be bored. From top-down, everyone, and yes, I mean EVERYONE, is working hard to make this company successful. The people are smart, fun and motivated.

ConsIt's a start-up, so resources are limited, and we're still building an infrastructure. This explains the long hours. However, I have friends who work at much bigger companies, putting in the long hours, and not necessarily getting recognized for their efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore, and better, open communication on how the company is performing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not treated equally

Engineering Technician (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFlexible work schedule, no one really hassles you if you get your work done.

ConsCompany structure is all over the place
    No opportunity to move up in the company
    Full of politics
    Too many nothing jobs for upper management's friends
    Underpaid

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen an employee comes to you about some as important as pay, don't base your decision on what HR says, it should be your decision. Create a instructor for the job title like levels or something! Treat your employees fairly. If an employee brings you hard copy evidence there
    should be any discrepancies or your feelings on the matter.

Seems to be quickly eroding, after what appeared to be a positive direction in early in 2012.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe company has great potential to have huge growth if they can get focused on the core business units. There is a proven track record for success that can continue with the correct adjustments and focus.

Cons1. At least one senior management staff member does not understand the core businesses.
    2. 12+ hours per day are norm for salary staff.
    3. Expectations not outlined, prioritized, or communicated.
    4. Pointless meetings are 30-50% of your day.
    5. Contention and adversarial relationships between engineering and marketing.
    6. Not all staff are held accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate based on skills set and make adjustments so that the talented staff are used based on their skill set. Individuals with no management skills should not supervise staff. Team work is quickly eroding in the ranks. Large sales and marketing staff that continue to grow with no engineering support leads to poor quality and rushed products.

Highly political, 12-16 hour days & weekends are normal. Your family will miss you.

Gillette Office (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat product, sales teams are a class act. Metrics-driven, which is great if you are good at what you do and can attach your productivity to metrics.

ConsNot a great place to work if you have children or a family. 12-16 hour days and weekends are normal. Its quite thankless at times. Highly political, which creates lots of backstabbing from colleagues. People fear for their jobs are are jockeying to look good - at anyone else's expense. No communication on expectations. Owned by an equity firm (which should have been the first red flag).

Advice to Senior Management12-16 hour days and weekends for any length of time beyond a "sprint" isn't good. Have good enough managers in place to be able to identify the difference between "unqualified" and "overwhelmed" employees. If someone is qualified, engaged, but overwhelmed, listen and HELP them. Trust your team. Invest in your people. There should be a zero tolerance policy on politics. Too many employees whining and running off half-cocked to management only sharing the information that puts them in a favorable light. Managers should make colleagues take issues up with colleagues.

****People with Technical & Analytical Skillsets Making the Difference*****

(Current Employee)

ProsWhat do Technically Superior---Dedication---Hardwork---Industry Professionals have in common? Excellent Results with Satisfied Customers

ConsNone, if you enjoy being rewarded for hard work and dedication

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement gives you the opportunity to be the 'expert' in your field. Refreshing! Thank you.

Worked for Spireon? Contribute to the Community!