Spireon

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
2.8

Marc Brungger

Great People and Great Location!

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Spireon as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great Training and Positive Personalities.

Cons

I don't know of any!

Fast Growth - Startup Feel

I have been working at Spireon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, new leadership, good work/life balance. Opportunities to advance in your area.

Cons

You will get fat here with all the food some departments supply for various occasions! Is that a con?

Upper management is super busy. Make sure to spend time with your employees to help career build and or train.

hidden gem in OC

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

Solid benefits
    New leaders in IT & software engineering focused on employee growth
    Great location in Irvine
    On site gym, ping pong, basketball
    Leading edge technology

Cons

There is still much work to be done and damage to be repaired from previous leadership/management.
    Leading edge technology
    Minimal user experience design and best practices

Allocate more funds for employee motivation/recognition.
    Get a User experience expert to work directly with customers in addition to PM and engineering.

Extremely Happy I Joined Spireon

Current Employee - Information Systems in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Information Systems in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have found everyone I work with at Spireon to be positive people who are striving to improve the company. The culture is lighthearted - people are busy but they have fun and are not overly serious or stressed. I have plenty of projects to work on and the departments I work with value my contribution. My manager is a great person who cares for me personally and professionally and makes working fun. I have had nothing but positive interactions with the CEO and the whole management team is focused on taking the company to a new level of performance. The pay and benefits are good. The facility in Irvine is well equipped. Upper management communicates well with the employees. Employees are highly committed to the company. I have the technology I need to go my job. I joined the company recently and have not felt this good about my employer in a long time.

Cons

Prioritization can be challenging with so many things to do. There is a lot of change going on, and there are a few people who are not embracing it.

Yes, we work hard... and you'll reap the benefits, too.

I have been working at Spireon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are a self-starter and don't need to have your hand held, then this is a great place to work. We have the freedom and flexibility to make a decision and run with it. There's a high level of accountability, room to grow, and you will never be bored. From top-down, everyone, and yes, I mean EVERYONE, is working hard to make this company successful. The people are smart, fun and motivated.

Cons

It's a start-up, so resources are limited, and we're still building an infrastructure. This explains the long hours. However, I have friends who work at much bigger companies, putting in the long hours, and not necessarily getting recognized for their efforts.

More, and better, open communication on how the company is performing.

My career, my home, the place I plan to retire from.

I have been working at Spireon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked many places in my life, and none of them compare to Spireon. I am very pleased with the work environment, my co-workers (zero cattiness, everyone gets along), the management, and over-all atmosphere.

The benefits are great, pay is competitive, HR really does listen and acts.

This company is amazing, growing by leaps and bounds every single day. I can honestly say I am Proud to work here, what we stand for, and where we are going. Not a day goes by that I am not happy to get up in the morning and drive to work. I am 1000% happy and plan on never leaving!

Cons

There does seem to be some disorganization. However I believe that this is because of the speed of our growth. It's sometimes difficult to know everything that is going on when new things are upon us every day!

More of our "Town Hall Meetings" would be good. Give everyone a chance to be in the "know", give us the broader picture...some kudos for all of our hard work. Otherwise you are fantastic!

****People with Technical & Analytical Skillsets Making the Difference*****

I have been working at Spireon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

What do Technically Superior---Dedication---Hardwork---Industry Professionals have in common? Excellent Results with Satisfied Customers

Cons

None, if you enjoy being rewarded for hard work and dedication

Management gives you the opportunity to be the 'expert' in your field. Refreshing! Thank you.

Amazing people - Passion. Dedication. Over-Achievers.

Current Employee - Management Job in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Management Job in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people. There are really fun passionate people here. We do work hard, sometimes long hours - but hard work is definitely rewarded here. I like that there is not as much politics here as I've experienced in other companies ... that everyone has a voice and an opportunity to make a difference.

Cons

Some time the hours are long.

It would be great to hear what the other departments are working on when we do the state of union meetings ...

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Have been at Spireon for a few months and have had a great experience thus far. Work environment and culture are great and my manager gives me the autonomy and trust to do what I need to do to get my job done. Sure, the company is going through growing pains and there are people whining about how that affects their work and how they've "always done things" a certain way, but in the grand scheme of things, to take the company to the next level, things HAVE to change. It's exciting, people! Embrace it!

Cons

Nothing really so far. Can't wait to move to the new building - the existing building looks cool at first glance, but look closer and you'll see that the place is pretty run down.

Keep the communication flowing and maintain transparency.

Engineering

I have been working at Spireon (more than an year)

Pros

Company is making the type of changes needed to become a real technology company and cleaning up the mess left over from years of incompetent leadership and an environment that tolerated mediocrity.

Management investing in training of the engineering staff and hiring more engineers.

Fast paced environment.

Salary and benefits are decent.

Cons

Lots of change and sometimes the company tries to do too much. Not enough empowering of employees and teams.

Continue to invest in employees to prepare them for more senior positions. Focus on building an environment where employees and teams are empowered.

Spireon Response

Dec 10, 2014Sr. Vice President of Software Engineering

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Spireon is indeed experiencing tremendous growth. We’re hiring and always looking for great Engineering talent to join our team and to help us grow. In
    ... More