Spireon Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.7

Marc Brungger

Great People and Great Location!

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Spireon as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great Training and Positive Personalities.

Cons

I don't know of any!

Fast Growth - Startup Feel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, new leadership, good work/life balance. Opportunities to advance in your area.

Cons

You will get fat here with all the food some departments supply for various occasions! Is that a con?

Upper management is super busy. Make sure to spend time with your employees to help career build and or train.

Rapidly evolving company and culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast growing business with lots of upside. Engineering focused on new product development and innovation utilizing a new technology platform built with the latest technologies and scaled agile methodology. Very little legacy and what exists is being phased out as quickly as possible. Senior Leadership driving changes to accelerate business results while creating a great place to work. Competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

Large learning curve for employees. New technologies, new platform, and new development methodology = lots of learning to get up to speed. Cleanup of damage leftover from previous leadership and poor change management.

Continue driving cultural changes to create the right environment to help employees grow and develop so they can perform at their highest level. Invest in implementing lean processes to drive alignment across entire organization and enable a sustainable approach for supporting 24x7 SaaS application operations and platform based product development.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

hidden gem in OC

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

Solid benefits
    New leaders in IT & software engineering focused on employee growth
    Great location in Irvine
    On site gym, ping pong, basketball
    Leading edge technology

Cons

There is still much work to be done and damage to be repaired from previous leadership/management.
    Leading edge technology
    Minimal user experience design and best practices

Allocate more funds for employee motivation/recognition.
    Get a User experience expert to work directly with customers in addition to PM and engineering.

Extremely Happy I Joined Spireon

Current Employee - Information Systems  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Information Systems in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have found everyone I work with at Spireon to be positive people who are striving to improve the company. The culture is lighthearted - people are busy but they have fun and are not overly serious or stressed. I have plenty of projects to work on and the departments I work with value my contribution. My manager is a great person who cares for me personally and professionally and makes working fun. I have had nothing but positive interactions with the CEO and the whole management team is focused on taking the company to a new level of performance. The pay and benefits are good. The facility in Irvine is well equipped. Upper management communicates well with the employees. Employees are highly committed to the company. I have the technology I need to go my job. I joined the company recently and have not felt this good about my employer in a long time.

Cons

Prioritization can be challenging with so many things to do. There is a lot of change going on, and there are a few people who are not embracing it.

Yes, we work hard... and you'll reap the benefits, too.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a self-starter and don't need to have your hand held, then this is a great place to work. We have the freedom and flexibility to make a decision and run with it. There's a high level of accountability, room to grow, and you will never be bored. From top-down, everyone, and yes, I mean EVERYONE, is working hard to make this company successful. The people are smart, fun and motivated.

Cons

It's a start-up, so resources are limited, and we're still building an infrastructure. This explains the long hours. However, I have friends who work at much bigger companies, putting in the long hours, and not necessarily getting recognized for their efforts.

More, and better, open communication on how the company is performing.

My career, my home, the place I plan to retire from.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked many places in my life, and none of them compare to Spireon. I am very pleased with the work environment, my co-workers (zero cattiness, everyone gets along), the management, and over-all atmosphere.

The benefits are great, pay is competitive, HR really does listen and acts.

This company is amazing, growing by leaps and bounds every single day. I can honestly say I am Proud to work here, what we stand for, and where we are going. Not a day goes by that I am not happy to get up in the morning and drive to work. I am 1000% happy and plan on never leaving!

Cons

There does seem to be some disorganization. However I believe that this is because of the speed of our growth. It's sometimes difficult to know everything that is going on when new things are upon us every day!

More of our "Town Hall Meetings" would be good. Give everyone a chance to be in the "know", give us the broader picture...some kudos for all of our hard work. Otherwise you are fantastic!

****People with Technical & Analytical Skillsets Making the Difference*****

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than a year

Pros

What do Technically Superior---Dedication---Hardwork---Industry Professionals have in common? Excellent Results with Satisfied Customers

Cons

None, if you enjoy being rewarded for hard work and dedication

Management gives you the opportunity to be the 'expert' in your field. Refreshing! Thank you.

Amazing people - Passion. Dedication. Over-Achievers.

Current Employee - Management Job  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Management Job in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people. There are really fun passionate people here. We do work hard, sometimes long hours - but hard work is definitely rewarded here. I like that there is not as much politics here as I've experienced in other companies ... that everyone has a voice and an opportunity to make a difference.

Cons

Some time the hours are long.

It would be great to hear what the other departments are working on when we do the state of union meetings ...

Spireon is finding its legs

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Spireon full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company has had some struggles finding itself in the past but is currently transforming itself into a world class engineering organization. Leadership is thoughtful about how to grow talent. Engineers are encouraged to influence the organization. Great opportunities for solving interesting problems and working with very cool tech.

Cons

Currently lots of organizational change. The culture is changing fast, I think for the better. I'm hoping all this change results in clarity soon.

Spireon Photos

Spireon 7
Spireon Race Car
The "Board Room"

+ Add Photo

Worked for Spireon? Contribute to the Community!