Spireon Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

2.6

Marc Brungger

Looks to FINALLY be headed in the right direction

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office atmosphere - very laid back and low key. Good benefits and time off package.

Cons

Lots of people coming and going. Still plenty of lack of accountability. Compensation is low. Career growth is limited.

Needs to foster an environment of positive reinforcement. Research salaries to offer employees competitive rates.

Was Great, until an investment firm came in and sucked the life and soul out of it !!! Now it is the 3rd reich !!

Current Employee - Gillette Office  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Gillette Office in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you can brown nose you will definitely fit in here but you have a lot of good competition at that.

Cons

Half of the people are great to work with, however management all around is horrible and treats employees as subhuman and that goes all the way to the top. Wealthy people who think they are superior to you in every form.
    They make drastic cuts to some departments which adversely affect the lower paid employees and the families they support meanwhile other departments hire new employees they do not need, receive catered lunches, fancy hotel suites while traveling etc etc etc. etc etc.
    The HR dept is a mini Gestapo full of suspicion that breathes down the necks of everybody for the most minute reasons, they police and oppress far more than they help out.
    Employee turnover is extremely high, they come and go. Unfortunately most of the people who were here for 5-10 years have jumped ship as a textbook corporate takeover unfolds around them and the parasite of an investment firm sucks away all the life and happiness from a company that was great without them.
    As the company has a quarterly meeting to boast about the surging profits, Christmas bonuses inexplicably end and Christmas Eve is no longer a paid vacation day as it has been since the companies inception..
    This company has become another corporate pump n dump for Bertram Capital and for the life of me I can not figure out how people like them sleep at night, I Imagine on stacks of cash and the souls of the working man.

Stay Away. you will regret it !!!!

Treat ALL Employes well, not just your inner circle !!!

Run now if you can....everyone else is

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

About the only thing I can say is paychecks have never been late.

Cons

I have been working here for over 3 years. I thought it was bad 2 yrs ago but now it's even worse if that's possible. Company unable to keep the best employees due to long working hours, unrealistic deadlines, incompetent managers, no rewards or even a "pat on the back". To top it all off no raises to speak of and NO bonuses. Company feels it's a "privilege" for an employee to work here and treats employees as expendable. Constant employee revolving door. Company ONLY concerned with profitability so the company looks attractive to be sold.

Follow up on your own rhetoric. You say employees are your number one resource. Prove it!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A downhill ride

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the employees are OK to work with, paycheck comes in on time. The building has a nice open feel with a decent kitchen and workout area.

Cons

Tons of incompetence in 50 different directions. No support from upper management. No bonuses paid out for several years.

I saw one of the most competent designers let go because of a personal disagreement with his manager.

State of Spireon within Telematics

Former Employee - Management  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart technology is the wave of now and the future and this Company sits right in the middle of an explosive Telematics industry with tremendous upside. Benefits are competitive and the company is located in a desirable area of Irvine.

Cons

The Company removed their co-founder (CEO) and other key executive staff members in the middle of 2013. Prior to the Co-founders removal, growth rates were accelerating with increasing velocity. The new CEO has shifted the Company from a Sales focus to a Process oriented focus. This directional change has flat-lined revenue growth (which is cause for concern in a growth stage enterprise operating in a growth industry). While the new CEO is a genuinely good person, his lack of industry knowledge and appointment of an amateur supporting C-level staff is allowing competitors to take advantage of the situation and steal market share at an alarming rate.

Too much to write in the post, however, operating within a SaaS environment often requires outside of the box thinking and intense planning as it relates to each products Go-To-Market solutions offering. The Board should take a step back and seriously evaluate each of the current offerings and question if the value proposition makes sense 1-3-5 years down the line.

Poor communicate

I have been working at Spireon full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No structure, poor communication, poor pay

Pay employees better

Turn Around in IT. Increased Focus on Development Processes

I have been working at Spireon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people. Better environment now that mgmt is focusing on process, shoring up IT infrastructure and has hired more people to maintain the infrastructure.

Cons

Fewer paid holidays but PTO more than makes up for this.

Last event recognizing engineering, IT and support for two weeks of continuous uptime was great! Keep it up!

Fast Growth - Startup Feel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, new leadership, good work/life balance. Opportunities to advance in your area.

Cons

You will get fat here with all the food some departments supply for various occasions! Is that a con?

Upper management is super busy. Make sure to spend time with your employees to help career build and or train.

Extremely Happy I Joined Spireon

Current Employee - Information Systems  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Information Systems in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have found everyone I work with at Spireon to be positive people who are striving to improve the company. The culture is lighthearted - people are busy but they have fun and are not overly serious or stressed. I have plenty of projects to work on and the departments I work with value my contribution. My manager is a great person who cares for me personally and professionally and makes working fun. I have had nothing but positive interactions with the CEO and the whole management team is focused on taking the company to a new level of performance. The pay and benefits are good. The facility in Irvine is well equipped. Upper management communicates well with the employees. Employees are highly committed to the company. I have the technology I need to go my job. I joined the company recently and have not felt this good about my employer in a long time.

Cons

Prioritization can be challenging with so many things to do. There is a lot of change going on, and there are a few people who are not embracing it.

Rapidly evolving company and culture

I have been working at Spireon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast growing business with lots of upside. Engineering focused on new product development and innovation utilizing a new technology platform built with the latest technologies and scaled agile methodology. Very little legacy and what exists is being phased out as quickly as possible. Senior Leadership driving changes to accelerate business results while creating a great place to work. Competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

Large learning curve for employees. New technologies, new platform, and new development methodology = lots of learning to get up to speed. Cleanup of damage leftover from previous leadership and poor change management.

Continue driving cultural changes to create the right environment to help employees grow and develop so they can perform at their highest level. Invest in implementing lean processes to drive alignment across entire organization and enable a sustainable approach for supporting 24x7 SaaS application operations and platform based product development.

Worked for Spireon? Contribute to the Community!