Spireon Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Account Executive

Pros

Nothing positive, hated every minute of every day. Do not work here.

Cons

Everything about this company is horrible, no pay. micromanage and do not recommend anyone working here

Mar 30, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments. We're sorry your experience with us wasn't to your expectations. We care about our employees and we strive to make sure everyone has the opportunity to succeed. We train ... More

So far, so good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Spireon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have been at Spireon for a few months and have had a great experience thus far. Work environment and culture are great and my manager gives me the autonomy and trust to do what I need to do to get my job done. Sure, the company is going through growing pains and there are people whining about how that affects their work and how they've "always done things" a certain way, but in the grand scheme of things, to take the company to the next level, things HAVE to change. It's exciting, people! Embrace it!

Cons

Nothing really so far. Can't wait to move to the new building - the existing building looks cool at first glance, but look closer and you'll see that the place is pretty run down.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication flowing and maintain transparency.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been an employee of Spireon for 15 years. I find it to be a very positive challenging place to work. My team works closely together and their positive attitudes help us to reach our goals. I would recommend this company to any professional who wants to continue to learn and thrive in their career. I cannot imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

In my opinion, there are no Cons.

Needs better management and employee recognition

Former Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health care benefits. The atmosphere at the Irvine office was great. There are great people that work there. Very relaxed environment and no micromanagement

Cons

It's very annoying that your supervisors don't consider you for promotions or better suited positions. Management keeps saying they hire from within but that is not true. They don't help you grow within the company. It doesn't have to do with your capabilities at all, they just don't care that much. They rather hire big names so they can add to their reputation. Doesn't mean they're the best option they just like how it looks to outside people and they really try to impress but not the employees but outside people. Not fair

Advice to Management

Really try to help your current employees who have been faithful to the company and help them go up in their careers. There are so many people leaving the company for the same reason, they don't feel they're valued by their supervisors or the company.

Nov 26, 2014 – VP Sales

Thank you for your review and helpful comments. Spireon takes pride in the very competitive benefits we offer our employees. Each year, we strive to continue to improve our benefits offerings and ... More

Fast growing

I have been working at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, fast paced, never boring

Cons

Growth rate can make adapting to changes a challange

Advice to Management

Keep adding experts in each area

Worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, nice benefits, nice work equipment

Cons

Worst management, no ethic, lies to employees all the time

Advice to Management

None

RUN for your life!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only reason to work here is because you have no other options.

Cons

The list is long. Incompetent management. Politics and paranoia run rampant. People talk about other people and are involve in other people's business way too much. It's impossible to succeed here. Horribly negative environment and high turnover rates. 10-12 hour days are normal. There is no visibility into policies or infrastructure, so shepherding anything through the internal processes is virtually impossible. You have to have grit to succeed here. There is a lot of C-Y-A you have to do because people are constantly trying to throw others under the bus. As long as Spireon is owned by an equity firm, there will be very little consideration for job satisfaction. Just come in and do your 12 hours and shut up.

Advice to Management

Follow up on the employee satisfaction survey you did. Talk about the elephant in the room and FIX IT! Replace marketing leadership immediately.This was bar none, the worst employer I have ever had. Clean up your act. If you see positive posts on GlassDoor, it's because they were seeded by Spireon employees.

Corporate America in its worst form

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Maybe the coffee ? the best I can think of when I left

Cons

This company used to be awesome before big private equity firm came in (Bertram Capital). Then those people involved in buying shoe shop, start teaching us about technologies, imposed their own vision , criticize everything that was not their, fired people who knew the business, replaced them by complete idiots... In 6 months they turned a good company into a complete hell. Most of our bonus, compensation promised have been drawn into BS management complexity, reforms of status etc in conclusion a lying dishonest company that will promise you the moon but will give you only humiliation in return.

Advice to Management

Stop promising things to employee to motivate them if you know you will never reward them.

Dec 10, 2014 – Sr. Vice President of Software Engineering

Thank you for your candid feedback. Spireon has been undergoing a significant organizational and technological transformation as we reinvent ourselves into an innovative growth technology ... More

Do not work here

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Irvine, CA

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with a great team we treated each other like family.

Cons

Everything else was the worse you could possibly think of.

Advice to Management

Nothing my manger was awesome.

Use this place for a source of income until a real company offers you a career!

I worked at Spireon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office is aesthetically pleasing. Coffee service and decent hard working people. (those that actually do the work) If you are looking for a job in Sales - this is the place for you! Incentives are pocket fillers. You will excel if you are a good salesmen. Think about selling a product that sells itself. Your set! If not in Sales - hit the back button as this is not the place you can build a career.

Cons

Long hours with no reward other then - hey, at least you have a job. Being away from your family during the day is normal...but being at work for 12 to 16 hours and then having to also work from home is ridiculous. There are no resources... the average company has at least 4 or 5 admins yet they only have 1. This company hires so many chiefs and ZERO indians. They are against the term "Planning". Everything is reactionary which seems at the undefined reason of "I said so". Which is why there are huge product failures across the board. There is certainly a "good ole boys" mentality. The women are not respected. I've heard on several occasions the management including the CEO to be hard on the women who work there. I've seen the admin crying on several occasions because the CEO is unforgiving and will make you feel less then par. I thought a CEO should be a leader to the entire employee community. He only cares about your opinion if you are an Executive. Everyone else is beneath him. Imagine a CEO who never says hello when he walks by your desk. Or sees you in the hall. You are invisible to him. If your on the Sales team - you get incentives. I mean luxury trips. Huge expense accounts - let's call it "entertainment". Its almost a slap in the face if you do not work in sales. As if your contribution is not good enough or making the company enough money to warrant an incentive trip. The same people win a trip every year. (Oddly the rest of the company never hears about the trip or how to qualify until the winners return to the office gloating about it). They get bonuses and all kinds of kickbacks. Executive gifts etc. I can't believe I wasted 2 years here. I was fooled by the lies HR will feed you. They are a secret society at best. HR is supposed to foster positive environments yet they do everything they can to stay away from employee relations. That is until the employee is being fired. They certainly do not do more then they have to. I wonder what they do all day? From all the open jobs - it appears they are trying to fill all of the empty chairs with fresh meat. Good luck with that. Obviously they have a decent marketing department. Their function is to craft a pretty picture of course. Smoke and mirrors. A good marketer will sell you something without even telling you what it is in full depth. Keep it simple. It's GPS for crying out loud. You'd think Spireon was a pseudo name for intergalactic travel.

Advice to Management

Try a different approach. Clearly your current plan is a failed attempt at fostering a mentally stable and healthy environment for your employees. Find another leader or send him to some kind of training. Perhaps its his culture...however as the CEO it does not take much to smile and say hello. Would it be too much to even ask someone their name? (The thought?!) Adopt a fair program for all employees to be able to join incentive trips. With out engineering - Sales can't sell the product that engineering develops. Without finance you can't know how profitable you are. Without marketing you can't sell a dream. Without adequate support and software - you can't run at optimal levels. Without happy people...you'll never find a culture that flourishes as a team. You will fail. Your customers will begin to see the smoke and mirrors soon. Let's hope you do not fall into the era of the dot.com business. Shape up Spireon. You could be cooler if you'd align your expectations with reality.

RSS Feed </> Embed