Spirit Airlines
www.spiritair.com Miramar, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Spirit Airlines Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014
Spirit Airlines – San Jose – “departure”

Spirit Airlines President and CEO B. Ben Baldanza

B. Ben Baldanza

Pros:
  • "Flight benefits (though this is basically the same with working for all airlines)"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Free flights is about the only positive thing I can say about this company"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "the worse customer service I've ever seen and the fellow co workers are rude to one another"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Knowledge silos, low pay, low morale because people feel like higher ups don't care, all of the good people leave soon"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Easiest Job in the WORLD

ProsShort service because everything is for purchase

ConsCrappy passengers with terrible attitudes, but if you have a backbone and are quick witted, there are no problems

Advice to Senior Managementput more toilet paper on the planes, and clean them!!

The least popular, fastest growing airline in America

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Miramar, FL

ProsDecent co-workers, great bosses, flight perks, improving culture

ConsKnowledge silos, low pay, low morale because people feel like higher ups don't care, all of the good people leave soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward excellent employees in order to keep them around, don't pick a marketing campaign that seems like it was created by a group of high school boys. Continue efforts to improve culture, be genuine about it.

Fun but not conducive

Developer (Former Employee)
    Miramar, FL

ProsSome really nice people to work with.

ConsTerrible management who have no employee interest

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care if your employees!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Need I say more

Maintenance Planner (Former Employee)
    Miramar, FL

ProsGreat people, flight benefits, flexible schedule. Central to many essential places, banks, pharmacy etc. (Able to run a quick errand)

ConsShady people, horrible maintenance program (AMIS is horrible), Processes change all the time without actual documentation enabling them to be able to go back on their word whenever necessary. Tribal type of knowledge. Insulting pay. Eggshell type of work environment. You will always feel like today is your last day.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order for you to retain and motivate your employees some form of formal training should be given. You can only throw a bandaid on things until it becomes unmanageable.

Great company

Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsFun easygoing job and great co workers. Growing company so now is the time to get your foot in the door. There's room for people that want work and also for people that don't want to work as much

ConsLong hours and sometimes unexpected changes in schedule. No employee stock options available at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to become more available to employees. Management should work on communication with employees

Growing company, plenty of entry level positions

ProsFlight Benefits, Flexible Hours (Salaried Positions), Decent Pay

ConsLots of hours, not a lot of available seats for flight perks, not a lot of upward mobility

Advice to Senior ManagementTaking care of the employees that go the extra mile every day will pay dividends for the planned future growth.

Great company to work for, growing rapidly! They treat inflight employees very well! Amazing co workers!!!

Las Vegas, NV

Pros- One of the best contracts in the airline industry.
    - We sell beverages inflight so you don't have to put up with customers that "expect service"
    - Commission on all sales
    - Job Stability.
    - Great benefits.
    - You don't sit on reverse long (typically 6 months to a year)
    - Everyone is young and energetic and fun to work with!
    - Management is very kind, they have an open door approach.
    - Company is growing like crazy
    - You have the potential to make a lot of money (inflight drinks commission, credit card applications, ect...)
    - Amazing union.
    - Super nice hotels.
    - Brand new, flight attendant friendly Airbus 319, Airbus 320 and Airbus 321 jets.

Cons- Since the company is growing like crazy there are some minor growing pains
    - Lack of ice in some airports
    - it can be hard to fly for free since the flights are always full.
    - Most gate agents are unhappy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what you do! However I wish there was more advertising.

This place blows

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosthere are no pros working with spirit, they take take take take and never give. The moment you reach max pay, they find a reason to fire you.

Consyou will spend your life getting yelled at by customers and degraded by supervisors. Its a horrible company that does not care about customers or employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a gun and shoot yourselves in the head.

Great benefits and people, terrible corporate culture.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsHealth care (at the moment) is excellent, great people to work with, see the nation and world on travel benefits/on the job.

ConsNo non-revenue travel until 3 months of employment (including Spirit).

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about a commuter policy for your flight attendants?? Get off the pilot high horse and give some love to the hardworking flight attendants...you know you have a fair share of commuters, even if you do not approve of commuting! Get serious.

Love it, love it...

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)

ProsThe people, flexible schedule, the benefits are AMAZING. Bases from coast to coast. A business model that works for customers, employees, and investors.

ConsYou are away from home often, sometimes working different shifts. Passengers often are new to flying or fly infrequently which has its challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Work on consistency of policy enforcement throughout the system for both customers and employees.

Worked for Spirit Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spirit Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spirit Airlines CEO B. Ben Baldanza. All 57 reviews posted anonymously by Spirit Airlines employees.