Spirit Airlines Reviews

Reset

1. aircraft mechanic

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Houston, TX

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay and able to move up in position

Cons

none that I have seen

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

2. customer service agent

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines full-time

Pros

Gain experience..... good initial training

Cons

The pay is not enough to sustain a person who has a family. .....

Advice to Management

Pay attention to staff concerns such as pay....

Flight Attendant

I worked at Spirit Airlines

Pros

Make money on credit card applications, amazing health insurance for next to nothing.

Cons

The company will not pay you correctly for the hours you work and the amount of credit cards you send in, you will not see payment for all you do for this company, no respect for their employees. I kept detailed records and each month came up short. When you leave they will not pay you fairly for the hours you fly and the trips you take or the credit cards you sold while working for this airline. Very nice to you when you work for them, but once you leave they will not take calls or return emails if it involves paying you. The union reps are also corrupt, management in flight sucks, they have no back bone and would run their mothers over with a mack truck if their manager told them to in order to save their job. The base management are like jelly fish, they act like your friend,but they do not have your back. So many other airlines to work for. Oh yes and the planes are so dirty, never cleaned properly, you have to clean the planes some of the times to avoid the disgrace of having to work in the shabby conditions. But the smell from the uncleaned bathrooms is disgusting, and so dirty.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to say that i can type here

One of my favorite jobs ever!

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent

I worked at Spirit Airlines part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people!, good insurance, and amazing travel benefits.

Cons

Have to be able to handle stressful situations. Can get stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Could improve in getting to know employees better. Maybe host an annual corporate lunch or Christmas party.

Low Paying Job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Spirit Airlines

Pros

Good co workers, ok health insurance.

Cons

Low pay, no raises or reviews for the last 5 years, favoritism, greedy management, attitude of company is if you don't like it leave we can hire someone else and pay them even less than you.

Advice to Management

Replace your self.

7. I will give you one word: AWFUL

Current Employee - Ramp Service Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Ramp Service Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Spirit Airlines part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flight benefits and easy in, for the Aviation industry

Cons

Supervisors are unorganized, low pay, no one cares, promised a raise a year ago, never got one.

Advice to Management

Give us more man power, stop hiring anybody and everybody off the streets, increase pay, hire supervisors who actually know what they are doing, re view the points system, better training, promote from within.

Excellent. Great working experience, learned quite a bit while being here.

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, lots of experience, hard work that pays off.

Cons

The work can catch up to you if you don't think ahead.

Advice to Management

Just need to put in more Operations Managers in the Airport.

Company is growing like crazy! Ability to make a lot of money, Very Flexible schedule, AMAZING benefits

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Spirit Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is growing like crazy so you will have high seniority in a short time which is so uncommon in the airline industry ( seniority is everything in the airline industry) - Currently have 70 planes but Spirit just purchased 130 more. - Great Travel benefits (Travel on pretty much any airline not just spirit for free on standby, some family members also fly for free on other airlines for a small fee) - VERY FLEXIBLE, Once you get your monthly schedule you can get rid of as many assignments as you want or add or trade them online (theres no limit) perfect for someone who is in school or has another job. - Brand new, Spacious Airbus airplanes. - The job is so easy because there is no first class or complimentary beverage services so you run through the cabin offering stuff for sale and then have the whole flight to chill. (perfect for someone thats in school or studying) - Very strong union - Have various bases that are really easy to get into (Bases in order from most senior to junior - Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Dallas, Chicago) - One of the best insurance plans for the airline industry. (I only pay 25$ a month for full Dental, Vision, Health and Medical) - AWESOME co workers (Most are younger people since its a newer airline) -Pay Raise coming soon - Spirit puts its flight attendants and pilots in some of the best hotels. (Even better then some of the international airlines) -Rarely see management - One of the most profitable airlines. - Flights go by smoothly because we charge for bags so theres no fuss about carry on items. -Ability to make a lot of money (By Onboard sales commission, Credit card advertisements...ect.)

Cons

- Passengers don't understand the business model so they tend to complain, thus causing Spirit to have a bad reputation. - Only flies in North America (not to Europe or Asia) - Don't always have the supplies at hand when needed (like Ice Scoops, or air freshener) - Because the union is so good there are some bad apples that are still around that should have left such a long time ago - Management is so small so its hard to get a response or get in contact when necessary. - Airplanes don't get cleaned like they are supposed to by the airports so you end up cleaning the cabin usually. - You usually have to fly on other airlines when traveling personally because the flights are always so full - No Commuter Clause

Advice to Management

Make our business model known to customers so they aren't shocked by the fees.

10. Good starting point for your career

Former Employee - Web Developer
    Former Employee - Web Developer

I worked at Spirit Airlines

Pros

Travel benefits featuring free stand-by flights, decently-organized development iterations and friendly teammates.

Cons

Management didn't seem of hold much value on employees nor appeared to put any effort into retaining their top talent. No performance review process in place or defined career paths.

Advice to Management

Infusing the ultra-low-cost mantra into the company's operations is a great idea, so long as its not to the detriment of your employees.

Contracted Out

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Spirit Airlines

Pros

The flight benefits would have been nice had I gotten the chance to use them.

Cons

I was recently furloughed by Spirit Airlines and given barely a week to make a decision about reapplying to a new company for my current position and fewer benefits. This company has made a decision which affects hundreds of people purely for their own profit while many long time employees are being forced out of work or having to agree to a giant pay cut.

RSS Feed </> Embed