Spirit Halloween Reviews

Reset
3.6
Spirit Halloween President and CEO Steven B. Silverstein
Steven B. Silverstein

Pros
  • This was an extremely fun environment to work in (in 9 reviews)

• It's a fun environment to work in (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No overtime pay for upper management whom seem to be at work longer than the store is open (in 14 reviews)

• Not a very efficient company, basically everything has to follow some ridiculous procedure or be approved by your district manager (in 14 reviews)

1. Good work environment

I have been working at Spirit Halloween full-time

Pros

Good people to work with, flexible

Cons

Over hire hard to get full working hours

Advice to Management

Better training

2. CSR

Former Employee - Cashier in Willowick, OH
    Former Employee - Cashier in Willowick, OH

I worked at Spirit Halloween (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with my school schedule. Fun environment!

Cons

The people in the fitting room trying things on can be a bit much.

3. Great Seasonal Job

I worked at Spirit Halloween part-time

Pros

Employee Discount Interacting with Halloween fanatics

Cons

Working on Halloween (probably til midnight)

5. A FIne Part-Time Job

Former Employee - Retail Sales Clerk in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Clerk in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Spirit Halloween part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, understanding managers Fun environment Cooperative staff environment A good place to learn what retail is all about if you're new to the game

Cons

Can be boring at times Comes with usual issues with customers in retail Customers tend to trash dressing room Can be scheduled to work on Halloween

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice for the management. All of he store managers were really cool, down to earth people, and the regional manager came in once a week and worked right beside us. That's what I like to see in a company.

Being my first hob it was a very enjoyable environment extremely fun also

Pros

You get to met new people and learn to communicate better.

Cons

The place can get really busy making it hard to walk around

Advice to Management

Insist that the workers work harder to maintain the business going many workers walk around to help time go by

7. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Spirit Halloween part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met some good people

Cons

I applied for sales associate and I ended up doing register, stock room, floor, and they also made me do inventory and basically build the store and merchandise everything before it opened and also take everything down when Halloween season was over

8. Poor Management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bronx, NY

I worked at Spirit Halloween part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

in the beginning Your given a lot of hours and are paid overtime

Cons

Once the store is open your hours are cut to nearly nothing and the management is unorganized when it comes to scheduling and just about everything else

Advice to Management

Have a better plan of action when hiring, conducting inventory and so on.

Sales

Pros

Definitely a decent place to work. Very fun atmosphere. Working with fun people. Decent employee discount. Good opportunities to meet and interact with others. I had a great management team at my store, and i've heard that most store management teams are alike.

Cons

Be prepared for long days while you're setting up the store. The very first ground work is just horrible. Afterwards all of that is set up, setting up props and decorations is fun. The pay could be better. Extremely busy and understaffed every once in awhile.

Advice to Management

Honestly, the store management was awesome. My asst. managers and store managers were great. However, the upper management needs to be improved greatly. Also, the employee scheduling system is flawed. Often times employees were confused as to when they were working and when they weren't. Other than that, it was a great in-store team.

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Berwick, ME
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Berwick, ME

I have been working at Spirit Halloween full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is awesome, and I am super lucky to have hired such a great team, and even luckier to have them keep coming back. I've been lucky enough to have the same staff for the 3 seasons I've been the manager here. The customers are what makes my job the best job in the world. The amount of haunted attractions that come in to buy and check out anamatronics make all the sweat and hard work worth it. Halloween is the most holiday, and working for the best company in the world only increases that excitement after you get the entire store set up and running. It's an incredible amount of work, but when you see it all come together it's worth it.

Cons

Bitter employees. I've read a couple reviews from past employees that I know worked for me, that complained they got fired or disliked how much work it actually was. That's why its a seasonal job, and you should be more professional in your handlings of reviews and whining about having an inconsistent work schedule. When we're short staffed, that means more hours and more money for you, also more work yes, but no more work than anyone else in the store has. It's time to stop complaining because you didn't like the way schedules were made, or that you didn't sign on for the workload. The door is open, and you're free to go at anytime. Just stop bashing a company that has a proven track record of success because you didn't get your way.

Advice to Management

To upper management: Try to find a permanent DM who wants to return year after year, so they can understand how things are done and I'm not training them and also trying to a run a store.

11. me

Former Employee - Happy in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Happy in Omaha, NE

Pros

glad im outta that store

Cons

employees don't get hours because the managers take care of their friends who work there first.

Advice to Management

stop being friends and creating clicks. grow up

RSS Feed </> Embed