Spirit Halloween Reviews

Reset
3.7
Spirit Halloween President and CEO Steven B. Silverstein
Steven B. Silverstein

Pros
  • This was an extremely fun environment to work in (in 9 reviews)

• It's a fun environment to work in (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No overtime pay for upper management whom seem to be at work longer than the store is open (in 14 reviews)

• Not a very efficient company, basically everything has to follow some ridiculous procedure or be approved by your district manager (in 14 reviews)

1. A FIne Part-Time Job

Former Employee - Retail Sales Clerk in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Clerk in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Spirit Halloween part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, understanding managers Fun environment Cooperative staff environment A good place to learn what retail is all about if you're new to the game

Cons

Can be boring at times Comes with usual issues with customers in retail Customers tend to trash dressing room Can be scheduled to work on Halloween

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice for the management. All of he store managers were really cool, down to earth people, and the regional manager came in once a week and worked right beside us. That's what I like to see in a company.

2. Being my first hob it was a very enjoyable environment extremely fun also

I worked at Spirit Halloween

Pros

You get to met new people and learn to communicate better.

Cons

The place can get really busy making it hard to walk around

Advice to Management

Insist that the workers work harder to maintain the business going many workers walk around to help time go by

Sales

I worked at Spirit Halloween

Pros

Definitely a decent place to work. Very fun atmosphere. Working with fun people. Decent employee discount. Good opportunities to meet and interact with others. I had a great management team at my store, and i've heard that most store management teams are alike.

Cons

Be prepared for long days while you're setting up the store. The very first ground work is just horrible. Afterwards all of that is set up, setting up props and decorations is fun. The pay could be better. Extremely busy and understaffed every once in awhile.

Advice to Management

Honestly, the store management was awesome. My asst. managers and store managers were great. However, the upper management needs to be improved greatly. Also, the employee scheduling system is flawed. Often times employees were confused as to when they were working and when they weren't. Other than that, it was a great in-store team.

5. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Berwick, ME
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Berwick, ME

I have been working at Spirit Halloween full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is awesome, and I am super lucky to have hired such a great team, and even luckier to have them keep coming back. I've been lucky enough to have the same staff for the 3 seasons I've been the manager here. The customers are what makes my job the best job in the world. The amount of haunted attractions that come in to buy and check out anamatronics make all the sweat and hard work worth it. Halloween is the most holiday, and working for the best company in the world only increases that excitement after you get the entire store set up and running. It's an incredible amount of work, but when you see it all come together it's worth it.

Cons

Bitter employees. I've read a couple reviews from past employees that I know worked for me, that complained they got fired or disliked how much work it actually was. That's why its a seasonal job, and you should be more professional in your handlings of reviews and whining about having an inconsistent work schedule. When we're short staffed, that means more hours and more money for you, also more work yes, but no more work than anyone else in the store has. It's time to stop complaining because you didn't like the way schedules were made, or that you didn't sign on for the workload. The door is open, and you're free to go at anytime. Just stop bashing a company that has a proven track record of success because you didn't get your way.

Advice to Management

To upper management: Try to find a permanent DM who wants to return year after year, so they can understand how things are done and I'm not training them and also trying to a run a store.

6. Decent seasonal job.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Spirit Halloween (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment and employee discounts.

Cons

Some of the staff were just lazy (probably because it's seasonal).

Advice to Management

Upper management needed to communicate better.

Sales Associate

I worked at Spirit Halloween part-time

Pros

Fun job, good discount, lots of high energy, good pay,bonuses available, get to dress up to work! I loved this job.

Cons

Heavy lifting and moving in the store, seasonal, can become overwhelming when it gets really close to Halloween

Advice to Management

I think that the management is actually handled very well and I never had a problem with Spirit.

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Spirit Halloween (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working here. Had a lot of fun! I had experience in this field before, but I definitely learned a lot at this job.

Cons

It's only seasonal, but other then that this is a really fun place to work!

9. asst store manager

I worked at Spirit Halloween part-time

Pros

It paid but tha was all.

Cons

Everything else, ver disorganized, unrealistic expectations from employees

Advice to Management

Get your act together

10. Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Spirit Halloween part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Fun work environment -Great in-store team -Flexible with schedules up until a certain time of the season

Cons

-Higher up management was horrible. Most of them above our store manager were terrible leaders. - we would have to deal with shoplifting on our own with very little help from upper management to help deter. -Hectic workplace closer to Halloween

Advice to Management

Store managers, assistant managers were all wonderful people. They were all extremely stressed out by higher management. This definitely needs to be fixed.

11. High School Only

I worked at Spirit Halloween full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, interesting customers, friendly management

Cons

Hours are cut, lack of needed supplies to put store together, somewhat unorganized.

RSS Feed </> Embed