Splash Media

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014

3.7

John Dankovchik

Pros
  • This is a great place to learn a lot about the Social Media industry and account management (in 7 reviews)

• Management has an always-open-door policy, and encourages employees to try new things -- a good thing, given the proliferation of social media (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Health insurance benefits are not the best but is typical of most business this size (in 5 reviews)

• Unbearable amount of work dumped onto your lap (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Creative, challenging, and innovative!

Pros

I loved working with all the people here! They are so creative, helpful, and passionate about what they do! The working environment encourages creativity and teamwork. And they are exploring new ways to utilize social media, it is definitely a great place to work at!

Cons

Some assignments may take a couple extra hours but that's what makes this company's work so great since so much work and passion is put into it!

Social Media Manager

Former Employee - Social Media Specialist  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Specialist in Addison, TX

Pros

The employees were amazing to work with. I made some lifelong connections there.

Cons

The Executive management changed policies constantly and held little to no respect for their employees or clients. The turnover rate was around 33% so about every 3 months new employees started while other employees resigned. the same with clients. the average lifespan of a client was 3-6 months.

I have heard they sold finally so my opinions are of the original management execs. My immediate managers were good people and treated us the best they could under the executive rule.

Aug 11, 2014Director of Administration

Thanks for your comment. The original company was purchased in June 2013 and since then, a much different, positive culture has replaced the original management style. We hope you speak with some ... More

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

The best part of working at Splash is the collective thinking that happens here. I work on several accounts and its always great to know that my ideas are appreciated no matter what my title may be.

Cons

Sometimes the # of accounts can be overwhelming but its great to know that we have an open door policy with the managers and they are working to even out the load.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big things on the horizon!

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist  in  Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Addison, TX

Pros

Splash is the greatest place I have ever worked. There are few places you can work and really have the opportunity to impact how the company grows. This is one of those rare gems.

Cons

For some, the work is too much...it's an agency! You have to be self-driven and willing to take chances.

Keep it up. continue to create opportunities for advancement.

Mar 4, 2014Director of Administration

Thanks for the positive review. This site tends to encourage negative reviews only so we appreciate the time you took to post your comments. Best regards.

Couldn't have asked for a better internship.

Former Employee - Social Media Coordinator  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Addison, TX

Pros

This has been the most enjoyable and beneficial internship I have ever had. As opposed to the typical coffee runs and paper pushing, I was able to gain real experience and feel prepared to enter this industry. My co-workers have been fantastic at pushing my creative limits and management has been nothing short of supportive. Although my time at Splash was limited, the positive energy that continues to grow there makes this company seem more like family.

Cons

A previous review hit the nail on the head: "New management is still living with the reputation and the accounts signed on by the previous owner/management. Over time these cons will fade away, and they are being addressed currently."

Keep up the great work! Your support and positivity makes this company a great one to work for!

Social Media Sweat Shop

Former Employee - Social Media Manager  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Manager in Addison, TX

Pros

If you don't know anything about social media and are desperate for experience, then you will get tons of it here. You'll be responsible for everything from client management to reporting to execution of a minimum of 6 clients.

Cons

You'll be working long hours for leadership that doesn't know anything about social. What they do know about is how to make money. That's all they care about and your personal life will suffer as a result.

Consider the reputation that you are building. There is no way that clients are not hearing about it and business will suffer as a result.

Mar 4, 2014Director of Administration

We appreciate your review. Most people wanting to learn about social media are thrilled to be a part of our team rather than desperate. Yes, the hours can be long but fluctuate based on the ... More

Stay Away

Former Employee - Social Media  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media in Addison, TX

Pros

- Excellent co-workers (almost like family)
    - Peers genuinely care and are willing to help you out
    - Aesthetically pleasing workspace

Cons

- Unbearable amount of work dumped onto your lap
    - Lies to clients make expectations unrealistic
    - Poor management/ not all on same page
    - No clear direction
    - Low salaries and awful benefits
    - They use the "Start-up/Entrepreneurial mentality" as an excuse to stick it to you

Fire this group of management and start over

Mar 4, 2014Director of Administration

Thank you for your review. We agree with you on your list of 'pros' but find your 'cons' dated and assume you worked here prior to new ownership and management. Our salaries and benefits are in ... More

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Pros

Ever since ownership changed the company has dramatically improved and it is continuing to move in a positive direction.

Cons

Working at any agency means long hours are a part of life.

Keep doing what you are doing

Hard Work, Amazing People, Awesome Place

Pros

Splash meets as a company twice a week. One time each week is led by an employee, which gives everyone a chance to share their stuff! On Fridays everyone shares new news in the social space and WINS that happened over the past week. Great time to learn what is working!

Cons

You have to be very good at managing your time, if you are not too many critical items will fall through the cracks.

Splash has made a significant change in direction. Stay true to the new direction.

Fast paced, never boring and always forward thinking

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Pros

The environment is open and a sponge for ideas and collaboration. You are always doing something new, it never feels stagnant. Creativity and innovation are praised, Splash is always looking forward.

Cons

Depending on what your position is you might have to put in some extra hours here and there. But this is an agency so it's expected, it's the price you pay for doing cool work.

Keep being awesome and open to ideas.

Worked for Splash Media? Contribute to the Community!