Splash Media Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
John Dankovchik

Pros
  • Great place for marketing people who want to add social media to their resume (in 7 reviews)

• Creativity and innovation are praised, Splash is always looking forward (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Unbearable amount of work dumped onto your lap (in 3 reviews)

• Over time these cons will fade away, and they are being addressed currently (in 2 reviews)

1. Intern

Pros

Friendly environment with good manager and leaders.

Cons

Not as such.It was good

2. Social Media Coordinator

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Addison, TX

I have been working at Splash Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, lots of opportunity, very creative driven

Cons

The benefits and pay aren't the best.

3. Great culture & great experience

Former Employee - Social Media Specialist in Addison, TX

Pros

Splash Media is a great place to begin a marketing career. Everyone is collaborative and works together on big projects, no matter what level you are. The culture is second to none, because of both the CEO and the employees themselves.

Cons

It's a very fast-paced, stressful environment. However, that is social media marketing agency life no matter where you are working.

5. friendly environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Pros

the coworkers are very friendly. it's a very cool work environment where you can bring up your creative ideas to the top management

Cons

the actual work was a bit boring

Inexperienced, "start up" leadership

Former Employee - Account Manager in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Addison, TX

Pros

Your team members are fun and collaborative.

Cons

Staying effective and consistent while still delivering results to clients. There is somewhat of an old school "cronie" atmosphere. Company has a tendency to under-perform and then "spin" results to clients.

Feb 18, 2015 – Director of Administration

We appreciate your comments though we would disagree with "spin" results. We have been in the business of social media for almost 5 years and we strive to meet and exceed the goals of our clients ... More

7. Social Media Manager

Former Employee - Social Media Specialist in Addison, TX

I worked at Splash Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees were amazing to work with. I made some lifelong connections there.

Cons

The Executive management changed policies constantly and held little to no respect for their employees or clients. The turnover rate was around 33% so about every 3 months new employees started while other employees resigned. the same with clients. the average lifespan of a client was 3-6 months.

Advice to Management

I have heard they sold finally so my opinions are of the original management execs. My immediate managers were good people and treated us the best they could under the executive rule.

Aug 11, 2014 – Director of Administration

Thanks for your comment. The original company was purchased in June 2013 and since then, a much different, positive culture has replaced the original management style. We hope you speak with some ... More

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Splash Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at Splash is the collective thinking that happens here. I work on several accounts and its always great to know that my ideas are appreciated no matter what my title may be.

Cons

Sometimes the # of accounts can be overwhelming but its great to know that we have an open door policy with the managers and they are working to even out the load.

Big things on the horizon!

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Addison, TX

I have been working at Splash Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Splash is the greatest place I have ever worked. There are few places you can work and really have the opportunity to impact how the company grows. This is one of those rare gems.

Cons

For some, the work is too much...it's an agency! You have to be self-driven and willing to take chances.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. continue to create opportunities for advancement.

Mar 4, 2014 – Director of Administration

Thanks for the positive review. This site tends to encourage negative reviews only so we appreciate the time you took to post your comments. Best regards.

Social Media Sweat Shop

Former Employee - Social Media Manager in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Splash Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you don't know anything about social media and are desperate for experience, then you will get tons of it here. You'll be responsible for everything from client management to reporting to execution of a minimum of 6 clients.

Cons

You'll be working long hours for leadership that doesn't know anything about social. What they do know about is how to make money. That's all they care about and your personal life will suffer as a result.

Advice to Management

Consider the reputation that you are building. There is no way that clients are not hearing about it and business will suffer as a result.

Mar 4, 2014 – Director of Administration

We appreciate your review. Most people wanting to learn about social media are thrilled to be a part of our team rather than desperate. Yes, the hours can be long but fluctuate based on the ... More

Stay Away

Former Employee - Social Media in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media in Addison, TX

I worked at Splash Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent co-workers (almost like family) - Peers genuinely care and are willing to help you out - Aesthetically pleasing workspace

Cons

- Unbearable amount of work dumped onto your lap - Lies to clients make expectations unrealistic - Poor management/ not all on same page - No clear direction - Low salaries and awful benefits - They use the "Start-up/Entrepreneurial mentality" as an excuse to stick it to you

Advice to Management

Fire this group of management and start over

Mar 4, 2014 – Director of Administration

Thank you for your review. We agree with you on your list of 'pros' but find your 'cons' dated and assume you worked here prior to new ownership and management. Our salaries and benefits are in ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed