Splash Media

www.splashmedia.com

Splash Media Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

John Dankovchik

Pros
  • This is a great place to learn a lot about the Social Media industry and account management (in 7 reviews)

• Management has an always-open-door policy, and encourages employees to try new things -- a good thing, given the proliferation of social media (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Health insurance benefits are not the best but is typical of most business this size (in 5 reviews)

• Unbearable amount of work dumped onto your lap (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Creative, challenging, and innovative!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI loved working with all the people here! They are so creative, helpful, and passionate about what they do! The working environment encourages creativity and teamwork. And they are exploring new ways to utilize social media, it is definitely a great place to work at!

ConsSome assignments may take a couple extra hours but that's what makes this company's work so great since so much work and passion is put into it!

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe best part of working at Splash is the collective thinking that happens here. I work on several accounts and its always great to know that my ideas are appreciated no matter what my title may be.

ConsSometimes the # of accounts can be overwhelming but its great to know that we have an open door policy with the managers and they are working to even out the load.

Big things on the horizon!

Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) Addison, TX

ProsSplash is the greatest place I have ever worked. There are few places you can work and really have the opportunity to impact how the company grows. This is one of those rare gems.

ConsFor some, the work is too much...it's an agency! You have to be self-driven and willing to take chances.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. continue to create opportunities for advancement.

Mar 4, 2014Director of Administration

Thanks for the positive review. This site tends to encourage negative reviews only so we appreciate the time you took to post your comments. Best regards.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Social Media Sweat Shop

Social Media Manager (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsIf you don't know anything about social media and are desperate for experience, then you will get tons of it here. You'll be responsible for everything from client management to reporting to execution of a minimum of 6 clients.

ConsYou'll be working long hours for leadership that doesn't know anything about social. What they do know about is how to make money. That's all they care about and your personal life will suffer as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the reputation that you are building. There is no way that clients are not hearing about it and business will suffer as a result.

Mar 4, 2014Director of Administration

We appreciate your review. Most people wanting to learn about social media are thrilled to be a part of our team rather than desperate. Yes, the hours can be long but fluctuate based on the ... More

Stay Away

Social Media (Former Employee) Addison, TX

Pros- Excellent co-workers (almost like family)
    - Peers genuinely care and are willing to help you out
    - Aesthetically pleasing workspace

Cons- Unbearable amount of work dumped onto your lap
    - Lies to clients make expectations unrealistic
    - Poor management/ not all on same page
    - No clear direction
    - Low salaries and awful benefits
    - They use the "Start-up/Entrepreneurial mentality" as an excuse to stick it to you

Advice to Senior ManagementFire this group of management and start over

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Mar 4, 2014Director of Administration

Thank you for your review. We agree with you on your list of 'pros' but find your 'cons' dated and assume you worked here prior to new ownership and management. Our salaries and benefits are in ... More

Couldn't have asked for a better internship.

Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsThis has been the most enjoyable and beneficial internship I have ever had. As opposed to the typical coffee runs and paper pushing, I was able to gain real experience and feel prepared to enter this industry. My co-workers have been fantastic at pushing my creative limits and management has been nothing short of supportive. Although my time at Splash was limited, the positive energy that continues to grow there makes this company seem more like family.

ConsA previous review hit the nail on the head: "New management is still living with the reputation and the accounts signed on by the previous owner/management. Over time these cons will fade away, and they are being addressed currently."

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Your support and positivity makes this company a great one to work for!

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Addison, TX

ProsEver since ownership changed the company has dramatically improved and it is continuing to move in a positive direction.

ConsWorking at any agency means long hours are a part of life.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fast paced, never boring and always forward thinking

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Addison, TX

ProsThe environment is open and a sponge for ideas and collaboration. You are always doing something new, it never feels stagnant. Creativity and innovation are praised, Splash is always looking forward.

ConsDepending on what your position is you might have to put in some extra hours here and there. But this is an agency so it's expected, it's the price you pay for doing cool work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome and open to ideas.

Hard Work, Amazing People, Awesome Place

ProsSplash meets as a company twice a week. One time each week is led by an employee, which gives everyone a chance to share their stuff! On Fridays everyone shares new news in the social space and WINS that happened over the past week. Great time to learn what is working!

ConsYou have to be very good at managing your time, if you are not too many critical items will fall through the cracks.

Advice to Senior ManagementSplash has made a significant change in direction. Stay true to the new direction.

Amazing opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Addison, TX

ProsI absolutely love having the opportunity to play in this, after all still budding, marketing/advertising field and doing so literally surrounded by dozens of REAL Social Media specialists. Another plus needing consideration is that the Agency has its own amazing Video studio and the ability to produce all kinds of web ready assets on the spot making it probably the most responsive Social Media Agency in the market today.

ConsThe biggest hurdle so far would be overcoming a somehow negative legacy sentiment - left over from an old guard long gone now.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep this laser focus of yours.

Worked for Splash Media? Contribute to the Community!