Sportsman's Guide

Add Photos

Jay Berlin

Call Center Rep

Call Center Representative (Former Employee) South Saint Paul, MN

ProsFlexabile hours, great co-workers/supervisors, laid back environment. You are able to win prizes (merchandise, scratch offs, giftcards etc. ) by maintaining your sales goals.

ConsNo cons for me, my expectations were on point for the job I took with Sportman's Guide.

Sportsmans Guide Review

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) South Saint Paul, MN

ProsGood Company to work for. Steady work and dependable Company.

ConsEmployes are over worked and underpaid. The monitors check your work too much

Confusion runs rampant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee discount. No pressure to deliver results.

ConsLack vision and direction. Very low expectations of employee performance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

Call Center Representative (Former Employee) South Saint Paul, MN

ProsI worked for years during high school. they were very understanding and flexible with my schedule and hours.

ConsIt slows down a lot in off seasons, and they typically have to let a lot of people go. In addition, it was great when I was in high school but I wouldn't call it a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was awesome

Great people. Good benefits. You're part of a family here.

Creative (Former Employee) South Saint Paul, MN

ProsCompany picnics all summer, Community partnership activities, softball, golf, good benefits, and they strive to create a good work community. Awesome merchandise discount.

ConsParking situation is not great. No cafeteria.

Find a better place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosa couple decent managers and co-workers

ConsSalary, hrs, advancement, the smell outside

Advice to Senior ManagementStep into the 21 century

The Sportsmans Guide is an ok place to work in the Customer Service Department.

Customer Service Department (Current Employee) South Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe dress code is casual and the atmosphere is casual. They offer full benefits including paid time off. The Human Resources will work with you. Good 401K plan. There an annual review. They have their own parking lot. It is a good steady job. The Management is firm but fair. The director, she is reasonable and will take time to talk with you need to discuss issues you may be having. Montlhy meetings where you can choose gifts placed on a table for a customer compliment. Occasionally there is a barbeque and food catered from Famous Daves.

ConsHigh number of calls per hour to meet their expectations. The amount of time for after calls and using the bathroom is lacking. The raise per year is usually $.25 per hour if you meet their expectations. Very strict attendance and late start guidelines. If you are late from a break or late for work, it goes into a rolling year time frame and takes a year to drop off. The work quality of life depends on which Team Lead you are assigned to. The work space cubicles are small and a lot of employees in a small space.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is good but it also depends on who your team lead is.

Working in a unprofesional, competitive job that needs more professional Team Lead position.

Call Center Representative (Former Employee) South Saint Paul, MN

ProsThey aren't focused on any special age group. They offer seasonal positions, it's actually good for an extra job. Decent money in the call canter area. Very diverse in regards to hiring policies

ConsAbsolutely lacking in professionalism and feedback ,work ethics, and virtually not practicing confidentiality rights. Management does not have a policy if a lead agent yells, demeans or embarrassing employees daily. VVvvvvery poor habits when discaplineing employees in front of other employees.
     Highly operated on favoritism in most areas. Management does not offer an employee on how to improve at their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a management class. Monitor Floor Leads and Team leads on better ways to motivate employees.

It's fine, it's a job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe merchandise discount. We get merchandise at cost. It's a great job if you like to hunt, fish, shoot, military, etc.

ConsExcept for customer service and call center, there is not much turnover so advancement opportunities are slim to none in other positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what other companies do and make it a point to promote from within. If a current employee meets the minimum qualifications for a position, they should be selected rather than someone from outside the company.

Worked for Sportsman's Guide? Contribute to the Community!