SpotOn

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
3.3

Zach Hyman

A great place to collaborate and grow.

I have been working at SpotOn

Pros

SpotOn is a lovely company that allows developers and designers to contribute and grow. Upper management and allows its developers and employees to collaborate, develop and debate future product decisions. This means that new exciting projects are respected and considered for future development.

SpotOns perks also quite lovely, the biggest plus however is its lenient hour schedule. Getting in at 11 and clocking out at 7 is awesome.

Cons

While the flat environment has its perks, it causes a lack of accountability. This issue however has been addressed and is being fixed.

I would say get us a gym membership, but that's a pretty spoiled kid request.

SpotOn is a great place to learn and collaborate with other talented engineers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SpotOn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent engineering culture. Cooperative and helpful peers. Reasonable / flexible hours and family oriented company with good work/life balance. Great location, easy transportation (metra/cta). Lots of latitude in job roles to help out and move around projects. Plenty of self-direction.

Cons

It takes time to gain understanding of business direction and vision. Sometimes the development resources are stretched thinner than I'd like. The company is just beginning to develop best practices and tighter organizational skills.

Keep rewarding and recognizing individual and team accomplishments. Work to develop closer relationships and recognize talent and creativity within the team to foster and cultivate the creative brilliance that you posses.

Great Co-Workers, Great Product. (Chicago Office)

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SpotOn full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great company culture, smart co-workers. Very product-focused. I've been a developer for over 6 years, and this is by far the best team I've worked with. The co-founders are experienced entrepreneurs who have built successful companies in the past.

Cons

The Sales/Marketing/Customer Support team is in Cali which is a bit of a bummer because it can make collaboration with the business side more challenging.

Hire more people!

Professional. Young Company. Trying to give its sales associates all the tools they need

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at SpotOn as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Ok Leadership. Decent pay.

Cons

Culture young. Decent Pay. Unorganized.

Develop corporate accounts and give more tools for account management.

Very Happy Here. Love The Freedom!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at SpotOn as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great Product. Residuals are really great. Freedom to work the hours I want fits my life perfectly. I decide how much money I want to make. There is an amazing support staff, and you can tell that they really care about helping me be successful and they want to help SpotOn customers. CEO's are very available and very involved.

Cons

Growing Pains due to very rapid growth, but they are ironing out all of the kinks.

Worst Company Ever

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in San Rafael, CA

I worked at SpotOn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay taxes to the U.S., California and the City of San Rafael.
    I think....

Cons

Technology doesn't work.
    Three to four years behind a dead trend.
    Management yells, screams, belittles, makes homophobic remarks and generally runs the place like boiler room.
    "Support staff" is made up of all young women, and are simply eye candy for management and the rest of the men there. Very incompetent.

Quit now and cut your losses.

Misguided

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at SpotOn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn new technology.
    Freedom to build your own business.

Cons

Technology is choppy and does not work in all markets.
    Sales Leadership is that of a typical start up, under pressure and ego driven.
    Has a long way to go in gaining ground with use-ability.
    Sales rep need to do their own P&L in certain markets if not, they will find out they payed more for gas than the commissions cover.

Get a grip with your attitude. Cursing out your reps with foul language will not make a loyal work force. This is not Glenn Gary Glen Ross.

Great concept, almost impossible to succeed.

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SpotOn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Innovative idea for creating customer loyalty for businesses. Utilizes Social Media for businesses to communicate with their customers.

Cons

Too many technical problems. Businesses constantly complained about employee implementation and use of the dashboard features. Couldn't make a decent living on commission only and spent too much time not selling, but "fixing" problems.

Better sales training and procedures. Get consistent technology. Keep company policies consistent and not make so many changes for sales to have to constantly relay to businesses.

I would not recommend SpotOn, too many lies.

I worked at SpotOn as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You work in the field or at home

Cons

False statements and promises. Training is a joke. Management is too busy to help you. No one really takes the time to train you because they're having to make sales too.
    You use your own car, gas, cell phone, etc... They do not reimburse for anything, nor do they pay you salary.

Honor your promises to the people you hire. Seems more like a pyramid scheme than an actual job.

SpotOn offers loyalty to customers and employees

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SpotOn full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Innovative product. Lucrative bonus and incentive plan for those who perform. Supportive organizational structure from top to bottom.

Cons

Account managers are responsible for increasing brand awareness in new markets.

By investing more in increasing brand awareness in new markets, overall sales will increase. Implement mandatory webinars that cover the basics of digital marketing so sales agents who do not have experience in marketing or digital media can perfect explaining the product to potential merchants in a meaningful and concise way.

SpotOn Photos