SpotOn

Updated May 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Zach Hyman

Very Happy Here. Love The Freedom!

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Product. Residuals are really great. Freedom to work the hours I want fits my life perfectly. I decide how much money I want to make. There is an amazing support staff, and you can tell that they really care about helping me be successful and they want to help SpotOn customers. CEO's are very available and very involved.

ConsGrowing Pains due to very rapid growth, but they are ironing out all of the kinks.

Worst Company Ever

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) San Rafael, CA

ProsThey pay taxes to the U.S., California and the City of San Rafael.
    I think....

ConsTechnology doesn't work.
    Three to four years behind a dead trend.
    Management yells, screams, belittles, makes homophobic remarks and generally runs the place like boiler room.
    "Support staff" is made up of all young women, and are simply eye candy for management and the rest of the men there. Very incompetent.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit now and cut your losses.

Misguided

Account Executive (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat opportunity to learn new technology.
    Freedom to build your own business.

ConsTechnology is choppy and does not work in all markets.
    Sales Leadership is that of a typical start up, under pressure and ego driven.
    Has a long way to go in gaining ground with use-ability.
    Sales rep need to do their own P&L in certain markets if not, they will find out they payed more for gas than the commissions cover.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip with your attitude. Cursing out your reps with foul language will not make a loyal work force. This is not Glenn Gary Glen Ross.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great concept, almost impossible to succeed.

Business Consultant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsInnovative idea for creating customer loyalty for businesses. Utilizes Social Media for businesses to communicate with their customers.

ConsToo many technical problems. Businesses constantly complained about employee implementation and use of the dashboard features. Couldn't make a decent living on commission only and spent too much time not selling, but "fixing" problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter sales training and procedures. Get consistent technology. Keep company policies consistent and not make so many changes for sales to have to constantly relay to businesses.

I would not recommend SpotOn, too many lies.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou work in the field or at home

ConsFalse statements and promises. Training is a joke. Management is too busy to help you. No one really takes the time to train you because they're having to make sales too.
    You use your own car, gas, cell phone, etc... They do not reimburse for anything, nor do they pay you salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor your promises to the people you hire. Seems more like a pyramid scheme than an actual job.

SpotOn offers loyalty to customers and employees

Account Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsInnovative product. Lucrative bonus and incentive plan for those who perform. Supportive organizational structure from top to bottom.

ConsAccount managers are responsible for increasing brand awareness in new markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementBy investing more in increasing brand awareness in new markets, overall sales will increase. Implement mandatory webinars that cover the basics of digital marketing so sales agents who do not have experience in marketing or digital media can perfect explaining the product to potential merchants in a meaningful and concise way.

Great innovative product that is fun and easy for merchants to adopt!

Business Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThe service is easy to use, offers small businesses the ability to compete with the larger corporation. There is a technical support department and a customer service department to help the businesses with any need. The management staff is very helpful and willing to work with employees with training and coaching.

ConsNo advertising in local markets except by the account manager. The account manager does not have the tablets with them and this is a problem at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart a strong advertising program nationwide, this would help us get in the door with businesses and increase brand awareness. Have the account managers have a few tablets on hand. Some businesses want to install and get their program running that day. Having the table take 4-8 days to reach a business, causes some of the initial excitement to diminish. All businesses wouldn't require the tablet that day, but it would be handy to have a few to install immediately.

A fun loyalty and rewards program that really sells itself

Account Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe service sells itself
    very easy to use
    support for you and customers
    get to work with customers excited about using this product

ConsIt takes work to reach a decision maker

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving a gas allowance would really be a big help

Great program with a supportive sales team!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- Ongoing training and support
    - Encourages creativity
    - Flexible schedule
    - Uncapped bonuses

Cons- At times, difficult to reach the decision makers of businesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove reimbursement plan for expenses.

Good Product - Bad business practice

Account Manager (Former Employee) Sonoma, CA

ProsThe product capability overall is compelling.

ConsRed Flag to potential employees! They don't hire sales executives... SpotOn lures sales reps by posting the job as salary plus commission and instead they have reps jump through hoops of training and development as a contractor paid only upon a sale made. Does not cover your time spent with the installation, customer service, follow-up, and staff training involved for customer retention. Once you've completed the training obstacles they won't hire you unless you're selling a new account per day. And if one of your accounts cancel (there is no customer contract obligation) they will deduct the majority of sales commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccount sales and service to obtain and retain customers should be part of your compensation as posted on your job ads "salary plus commission". Try paid training for starters.

Worked for SpotOn? Contribute to the Community!