Spotless

3.2

Spotless CEO Bruce Dixon
Bruce Dixon

Cleaner

Former Employee - Janitor in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Janitor in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Spotless part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management was happy to train me and provide feedback during the early period of my employment.

Management was flexible when I required time off.

I was able to operate with a high level of independence.

Over all I was happy with my time at Spotless. I went in, I did my job, I went home, there was a minimum of problems, what more can we ask for?

Cons

The company has a tendency to be very reluctant to release employees. There for often working for Spotless hard working employee's would have to work harder to make up for the short fall of lower performing coworkers spite contacting management.

Management visited our site far less than they were required to.

Also, when our company that hire Spotless to clean our site decided to change cleaning companies, I was never offered employment at any other sites.

Nothing we doas a groupor individually is good enough.

I worked at Spotless

Pros

Commission is good whenitis on our checks.

Cons

Being threatened with losing my job everyday

DYSFUNCTIONAL. Working for spotless is like being in a psychological experiment.

Current Employee - Linen Processor in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Linen Processor in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Spotless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working in one of their laundries is good exercise, none of the employees are obese, and you can eat a bag of lollies knowing youll burn it off.
    We get to keep the small change we find.
    Nothing else to say ............????????????????????????????????????????????
    The hours are great, get home in time before the shops close.

Cons

Management style is negative, problems are not solved with equipment or staff conflicts, the pay is bad, the manager and supervisors are undereducated, rude, yell across factory floor, dont know how to discuss without argueing, bad listening skills, no incentives given to staff, no thanks, accuse and assume before asking, they are unorganised, unprofessional. Its all orientated around production output and not about staff and the conditions we work in. We are harassed constantly to work faster but given no support to obtain these unreasonably high numbers of stock to produce. Most of the employees are middle aged or over. New staff dont stay mostly because they are left to fend for themselves.

More positive encouragement, less rudness and more RESPECT. Please educate your supervisors in how to deal with communicating with staff in a respectful manner. Dont treat factory workers as if we are stupid, some of us do have degrees but due to unforeseen circumstances ended up in a factory. Treat your workers comp staff with a little more dignity and empathy.

Disorganised and disrespectful

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Spotless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are friendly and trying to do a good job.

Cons

Bullying is an accepted way of getting things done. Managers who do their own thing without thought for the consequences leaving others in the team to mop up the mess. Very little communication/cooperation between business units. No personal development/training/career opportunities.

Understand that you have good people who want to do a good job and treat them respectfully.

great casual work, no fuss

I have been working at Spotless

Pros

good pay
    friendly co workers
    not too political

Cons

can be very fast paced
    often long periods of standing

Facilities Maintenance at Spotless

Former Employee - Operations Manager/Area Manager in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I worked at Spotless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Varied work Load, priorities change by the hour, very busy schedule, great salary and residential property supplied is very good standard. Trade Employees on F.I.F.O. roster are vet well looked after and paid well.

Cons

I believe that since our take over last year the company HR department have way to much control over the day to day running of the business and is taking them in the wrong direction which will lead to them loosing future contracts. They do not walk the walk and talk the talk but pretend to do so

Upper management at GGM level need to be aware of what direction they are being taken with a certain group of people as I believe that they are being misled and being told untruths

bar tender

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Spotless as a contractor

Pros

flexible working days and advanced notice of working dates
    able to receive conformation of work via text message
    other staff members share the same values and direction

Cons

disorganized at times
    huge staff turnover and never know who holds what position

'Spotless' - in name only...

Current Employee - Account Manager in Adelaide (Australia)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Adelaide (Australia)

I have been working at Spotless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable camaraderie among employees - unfortunately mainly based on dysfunction within the organisation and among management

Cons

Irresponsible managers, parochial management perspectives prevail, very political environment, ruthless management culture with no loyalty to staff. Low performance culture where effort does not equate to reward and innovation is stifled.

Is unlikely to be taken on board and is likely to result in the adviser finding themselves on the outer promptly.

Not enough hours.

Current Employee - Commercial Cleaner in Adelaide (Australia)
    Current Employee - Commercial Cleaner in Adelaide (Australia)

I have been working at Spotless part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company itself is ok to work for.

Cons

Unfortunately I had a boss that had a personal issue with some stafff and nothing was done about it.

Keep closer tabs on decsions made by managing staff.

Big company

Current Contractor - Events Stuff Member in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I have been working at Spotless as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big company. Easy to transfer from one state to another. Great work culture and flexible options when it comes to work hours

Cons

Mostly causal based. Not easy to negotiate salary increments

Engage more with employs especially casual employs