Spotlight Group

Spotlight Group Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great first step in a career

Coorporate Buyer (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsI worked for this company for 6 months as an intern. They gave me a really good experience, great networking opportunities. The position gave me a lot of useful information and basic marketing strategies that I use in my current position.

ConsBiggest challenge was the hours for me-but seriously, if your not looking to work hard in, the entry level, you shouldn't be in the business or marketing field.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider giving out more inventory as bonus'-the products are cool.

Spotlight Group makes me a better communicator every day!

ProsSpotlight Group emphasizes clear and professional communication in its training. Their commitment to effective communication techniques continues as you advance within the company, and I feel well-prepared for success in dealing with clients and the public as a result. Our clients know they can trust us to produce dynamic promotions with honesty and dependability, too, because of this emphasis. I am a much better communicator both professionally and personally thanks to Spotlight Group and plan to grow into the executive levels there.

ConsThe training may seem difficult to some, but that’s about the only thing approaching a negative that I can think of. I’ve been recognized for my hard work, and I’ve never had a bad experience while working for the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue providing the informative training sessions and team development activities. They really do promote a more efficient team.

Good learning experience, not a place for long term employment

ProsManagement and staff, fun atmosphere

Consincome, benefits, shady about company background and history

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Spotlight Group Offers Opportunities to Grow!

ProsI have worked for Spotlight Group for around 2 years. It's a fast paced, very interactive, hands on marketing firm. As for growth- there is plenty of growth opportunities! I have seen several of my closest coworkers grow within the company and advance their careers. I would recommend Spotlight Group for the very real world experience, as well as a potential career path.

ConsI can't think of any cons, but this job is fast paced.

Sams Club demonstrator

ProsAbsolutely nothing. Well, maybe that on break you can eat Sams Club's delicious food. The pizza at Sams Club is pretty amazing.

ConsApplied for a "marketing/ business internship" and that is not what I got. They definitely fool you into thinking that this job is something that it's not. You really stand in Sams Club from 9-9 demonstrating the product and trying to get people to buy it. You either make 7.25 an hour or commission which is a max of 500 a week. The best part is that they make you wear suits while you're working. Why? So you can sweat in your nice expensive suit while standing in target for 12 hours straight!? No thank you!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try to fool your candidates when in the hiring process. I wouldn't have gone through with the second and third interview if I would have known what I was getting into. Save all of us time and money.

Sales Person in Sams Club Played Up as Marketing

Entry Level Marketing (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsFun group of people to work with

ConsYou stand in a Sams Club for 8 or 9 hours a day approaching people and asking them to buy products, but before that you go to impact where they try to get you amped to do this all day and tell you how much money you can make. The pay is a joke. You make either minimum wage or commission, whichever is higher. Benefits? Yeah, right. At first they tell you it's not about how much you sell, but if you don't "ring the bell" they get upset and threaten to not schedule you anymore. They also expect you to spend time when you're not working going to team building events and networking with people from different states. Just don't waste your time. The promise of promotion and the money you can make happens to very few and it's not worth your time.

Good opportunity if you're up to the challenge

Entry Level Marketing (Former Employee) Edina, MN

ProsGreat staff, fun place to work, great opportunity for advancement. If you enjoy sales this would be a great place to work.

ConsIt's much more geared toward sales than they make you think. They say it's not about how much you sell but they get upset if you don't meet a certain standard. It's a lot of work with little reward.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication and run the office a bit more professionally.

Deceiving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscolleagues, energetic working environment, encouraging and motivating conversations

ConsThey described their jobs differently than what they really are. Sales jobs, nothing else. Super overtime working schedule and not paid that well.

Misleading

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) Edina, MN

Pros-coworkers are great
    -High Energy daily meetings that are sure to keep you up beat
    -Good basic marketing information
    -Excellent networking opportunities
    -Excellent chance to work on communication skills

Cons-DISORGANIZED!!!!! I would receive my schedule, and at the tip of a hat I would get a text saying it had been changed. Communication was difficult.
    -No benefits are offered, they try to tell you that it's offset by the amount of money you make, but it's not.
    -Promises are made and not followed through.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate effectively, this means listening as well as talking everyone's ears off.

Worked for Spotlight Group? Contribute to the Community!