Spraying Systems

James E. Bramsen

Learning a lot

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Glendale Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Glendale Heights, IL

I have been working at Spraying Systems as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Treat their people very well. As an intern I rarely if ever felt like the low man on the totem pole. Even interns get paid holidays and the payment is fair. Hours are great, rarely made to work overtime and paid time and a half if that was the case.

Cons

When things are slow, I find myself without anything to do. After a full year it is not 100% that I will recieve an offer to become a salaried, permanent employee.

Keep doing what you're doing.

A Good Place To Work

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Wheaton, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Wheaton, IL

I worked at Spraying Systems as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, loyal company, leader in the industry. I very much enjoyed my time working there and continue to stay in touch with people there.

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility. Management can be "old school." Lots of bureaucracy for a medium, privately-owned company.

Be more open to ideas from other industries to grow the company.

great summer job

Former Employee - Summer Help in Carol Stream, IL

I worked at Spraying Systems part-time (less than an year)

Pros

many hours a week, i got 40. good benefits if you become a permanent employee, i was paid just above min wage

Cons

easy/boring and quite tedious work, it may be hard to schedule other things around work like summer school

spraying systems

Former Employee - Assembly in Glendale Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Assembly in Glendale Heights, IL

I worked at Spraying Systems part-time (more than an year)

Pros

very good pay. once you remember the parts and how to assembly the job comes fairly easy there are some days where theyre busy and need to gett things done quicker bc of the dates that the packages are due. but other than that its kind of boring but good pay like i said.

Cons

the one i worked at it was really hot during the summer im a very social person and i felt like i couldnt socialize there sometimes people will tel you what to do....dont listen...focus on your own work dont let them take advantage of you. take power also my hours were horrible.

nothing

The Ideal summer job

I worked at Spraying Systems

Pros

I had a 40 hour work week at a wage a bit more than minimum, $8.25 when min was around $8.00, the work was very easy, and I had the option to go form temporary to full-time employee if I stayed for 2 years, something I personally wouldn't do because it was only a summer job, but possibly an option for someone interested in industrial work.

Cons

Working here was very tedious, you can expect to run the same part in a machine a thousand times or more, depending on the part, or doing other monotonous tasks for hours on end. The first week or two of work you don't really notice this, but after a while days get to drag on. There are also no benefits of any sort for temporary employees, so if you want part of their decent benefit package you'd have to stick with them for a couple of years.

Based on my experiences, supervisors and management did a great job, off course I had the privilege of working in one of the most productive departments at the time. Maybe have workers specifically meant to train people on hand in departments, instead of having current workers do it, as they sometimes are unable to articulate the procedure for various tasks, despite their years of experience.