Spredfast Reviews

Reset
4.0
Rod Favaron

1. Featured Review

Exciting technology and great coworkers.

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people really make this a great place to work. It's a very self-disciplined organization and there's no room for slackers. The environment is challenging but in a good way. The technology is fun and the relationships with the social networks allow us to do some pretty exciting stuff. Management has always been accessible and helpful. Compensation has been good and I've seen regular salary increases.

Cons

The office could not be more vanilla. Think East Germany circa 1968. There is limited space to get in a focused zone. In theory open offices sound good, but as numerous studies have shown they are terrible for productivity.

Advice to Management

We work in social yet it feels like we work for bean counters. Let people express themselves and their creativity.

Rewarding

I have been working at Spredfast full-time

Pros

Compensation was much higher here for me than other offers I received at the time of my job search. Benefits were also great-- health, stock options, free catered Whole Foods lunch four days a week, boot camp, etc. I have never felt like office culture was forced here. It comes naturally. I work with brilliant people and I love being around them. I work hard but I also maintain a work-life balance which is not something I've enjoyed in past jobs. Spredfast has a few core values and benefits (working from home, open vacation policy) that show that they trust and believe in their employees to get work done. It makes me want to work harder for them because I know I'm appreciated.

Cons

I came in right after the merger and there were till some people who were, let's say, still grouchy about it. I think those people have left now and overall people have positive attitudes, but it was a bit of a growing pain to work through.

Advice to Management

There are people in management positions based on a) previous relationships with higher ups and/or b) a big name company they came from. If these people are not working out for the company or have issues, management should not treat them with kid gloves. Come up with a clear career path for low level positions.

3. Having a good time

I have been working at Spredfast full-time

Pros

free Whole Foods and comfortable work environment

Cons

product vision has changed a few times

5. Good place to learn

I worked at Spredfast (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company, lots of movement, lots of talented people

Cons

Struggles with growth, difficult to keep pace with change, lack of focus

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy that makes sense - less overlap between the sales team

6. Traditional Startup

I worked at Spredfast full-time

Pros

Free food - lunches from Whole Foods and breakfast from Taco Deli Fun company events Monthly all hands meeting where you can ask the CEO questions

Cons

Open Office No 401k matching No path for advancement or moving up Rivalries between legacy Mass Relevance and legacy Spredfast people

Advice to Management

Get rid of the open office. It's not working and everyone hates it. Promote people internally so they don't have to leave. Give people more stability.

7. Designer

I have been working at Spredfast

Pros

solid company values, innovative, fast-moving, good work-life balance, great people, great location, great perks, lots of transparency about the business

Cons

change is constant, reasonable amount of attrition yet it's always slightly disruptive; uninspiring workspace.

Super rewarding for awhile, but good to be gone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Spredfast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Good compensation. 2. Interesting technology. 3. Free lunches.

Cons

1. Stressful. Always pushing hard for new features, but with poor coordination between product and dev. 2. Management isn't engaged enough with their people. Have a 1 on 1 or lunch with people once in awhile. Listen to what they have to say. It's easy. 3. Micromanagement in some areas. 4. Open floor plan. 5. Not enough promoting from within. 6. Open floor plan. 7. Hokey corporate values they don't actually believe in. Transopency's a good example: the word layoffs was mentioned in a Spredfast Live (company meeting) and that session was never made available for later streaming like they usually are. This is not the only example. 8. Open floor plan. 9. Sprinklr seems to have more momentum.

Advice to Management

You've got some fantastic employees. You know how to talk to them, now learn how to listen to them. Believe in your values or quit trumpeting them. Grab some headlines from Sprinklr and make them chase you.

2 yrs

I have been working at Spredfast full-time

Pros

Smart people and warm culture

Cons

Growing pains from super fast growth

Great company....!

Former Employee - Digital Produer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Digital Produer in Austin, TX

I worked at Spredfast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really values innovation yet maintains a good work/life balance. You work hard but you don't kill yourself which is fair.

Cons

Things have been tough since the merger since the company grew so dramatically so quickly and suddenly a lot more process surfaced.

Advice to Management

To really remember and value your employees, their creativity, and those who have been around for a while

Impressive company in a highly competitive industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, free lunches, great location, several high-IQ teams, fantastic services division, still some A-players in sales, decent culture, and a pretty solid product.

Cons

Still some entitled and pessimistic employees, though it's a small percentage -- some seem to be a product of the merger and others just don't see the company's value. Less important: no real equity options, no 401k matching, health plans could be better, one of the company buildings is extremely vanilla.

Advice to Management

Sales: Hire better talent and invest in what you have. Skill sets run the gamut of "functionally disastrous" to super star closers, and "sales trainings" do little to bridge those gaps. Product: Keep doing what you're doing on the engineering front, but work on forecasting, committing to timelines, and communication. Services & Marketing: seems like we do a solid job; although sales reps seem unable to or afraid of selling services to new customers.

RSS Feed </> Embed