Spredfast

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rod Favaron

Merger was a good thing..

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsVery excited about the merger! Great culture and talent from Mass Relevance.
    We've hired some very talented experts in the space recently.
    I'm very excited about the merger and being the leader in the social marketing space
    Attracting a lot of talented people an interest
    Fun environment
    Decent benefits, perks
    payes pretty well

ConsEgos in leadership, bad attitudes
    too many people trying to make decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate, let the experts you're paying, do their job.
    Figure out a way to win, people want to work for the best.

Great coworkers if you are under the management level, but too many politics and not worth it in the end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- Tight knit group of workers under management level
    - Compensation is decent but not great
    - Fun industry and you get to work with large enterprise brands
    - Some perks like free food, drinks, and some team building events

Cons- Management favors anyone that has previously worked with them at their last successful company. If you did not you are out of luck.
    - Extremely difficult to move up or get a promotion. They like to hire outside the company for that
    - Management team is not trustworthy or loyal to employees. Too many politics and egos for an Austin startup

Advice to Senior ManagementListening, trusting, and being loyal to your employees goes a long way. Give people that aren't from your past successful company a chance. As a former employee I've heard the same thing over and over from other former employees. It's time you actually listened or culture and company sentiment will not improve.

Typical Austin startup. In other words, hubris reigns, not brains.

Director (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSmall company, so everyone knows everyone and hard to hide the fact you are not pulling your weight.
    Free drinks.
    Eye candy.

ConsSick to death of this Austin startup mentality where people working at a startup think they are changing the world. Give it a rest. Marketing analytics is not changing the world morons.
    A career dead-end; there are no promotions.
    Low salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck your ego at the door. Last time I checked, none of you made the Fortune 500. Yes you had some success flipping your previous company, but that doesn't mean you're smart, just lucky.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful learning experience in Social.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYoung, fun, progressive thinking culture.
    Great mid-level employees - smart and creative.
    Dr. Pepper all day.
    Pays well.
    Social is a great space for 2014.

ConsPolitics. If you aren't in, you're out. Your ideas are just that, yours. The top guy is (sometimes) the smartest guy in the room, but he can't be in every room all the time.
    Seemingly little faith in anyone under the VP level.
    Product Development is slow (although the new funding should help).
    Never saw anyone get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow humility. Listen to the guys on the line, and in the trenches.

Moving Fast

Pros- Great Culture
    - Just had a very energizing kick off where employees and execs completely merged.
    - It seems like the management is taking employee feedback and ideas a lot more into consideration
    - Aggressive goals

Cons- 2 separate offices even a block away doesn't help knowing the rest of the company
    - Sometimes, very aggressive goals but it is also in the Pros category

Advice to Senior Management- Follow up on your ideas of giving the employees a voice into the culture and the direction of the company

Young, hot and growing startup in the heart of Austin

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- Very exciting technology in an extremely hot market
    - Growing fast
    - Great & growing customer list
    - Very good culture and overall leadership

Cons- No cons really. Fast growth can be scary at times but the CEO and his management team have done it before.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the right people and get rid of any B- and below players.

Great vision in a very hot market

ProsThe product vision is pretty amazing, the market is already huge and still growing, and the people are really fun and enthusiastic. The marketing team is outstanding.

ConsThe culture coming from the top is lacking in creativity and tradition and the communication down the ranks is not very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe wary of being arrogant, be more honest in your communication, and hire people with character and integrity first and foremost.

Worked for Spredfast? Contribute to the Community!