Spredfast Reviews

25 reviews filtered by
4.2
Rod Favaron

1. Featured Review

Exciting technology and great coworkers.

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people really make this a great place to work. It's a very self-disciplined organization and there's no room for slackers. The environment is challenging but in a good way. The technology is fun and the relationships with the social networks allow us to do some pretty exciting stuff. Management has always been accessible and helpful. Compensation has been good and I've seen regular salary increases.

Cons

The office could not be more vanilla. Think East Germany circa 1968. There is limited space to get in a focused zone. In theory open offices sound good, but as numerous studies have shown they are terrible for productivity.

We work in social yet it feels like we work for bean counters. Let people express themselves and their creativity.

2. Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spredfast full-time

Pros

Compensation was much higher here for me than other offers I received at the time of my job search. Benefits were also great-- health, stock options, free catered Whole Foods lunch four days a week, boot camp, etc.

I have never felt like office culture was forced here. It comes naturally. I work with brilliant people and I love being around them.

I work hard but I also maintain a work-life balance which is not something I've enjoyed in past jobs. Spredfast has a few core values and benefits (working from home, open vacation policy) that show that they trust and believe in their employees to get work done. It makes me want to work harder for them because I know I'm appreciated.

Cons

I came in right after the merger and there were till some people who were, let's say, still grouchy about it. I think those people have left now and overall people have positive attitudes, but it was a bit of a growing pain to work through.

There are people in management positions based on a) previous relationships with higher ups and/or b) a big name company they came from. If these people are not working out for the company or have issues, management should not treat them with kid gloves.

Come up with a clear career path for low level positions.

3. Great company....!

Former Employee - Digital Produer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Digital Produer in Austin, TX

I worked at Spredfast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company really values innovation yet maintains a good work/life balance. You work hard but you don't kill yourself which is fair.

Cons

Things have been tough since the merger since the company grew so dramatically so quickly and suddenly a lot more process surfaced.

To really remember and value your employees, their creativity, and those who have been around for a while

5. Impressive company in a highly competitive industry

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, free lunches, great location, several high-IQ teams, fantastic services division, still some A-players in sales, decent culture, and a pretty solid product.

Cons

Still some entitled and pessimistic employees, though it's a small percentage -- some seem to be a product of the merger and others just don't see the company's value.

Less important: no real equity options, no 401k matching, health plans could be better, one of the company buildings is extremely vanilla.

Sales: Hire better talent and invest in what you have. Skill sets run the gamut of "functionally disastrous" to super star closers, and "sales trainings" do little to bridge those gaps.

Product: Keep doing what you're doing on the engineering front, but work on forecasting, committing to timelines, and communication.

Services & Marketing: seems like we do a solid job; although sales reps seem unable to or afraid of selling services to new customers.

6. Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Healthy lunches and snacks, smart ambitious employees, really fun culture

Cons

Competitive space- must be a hard worker! Slackers need not apply

7. Software Engineer Intern

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Spredfast as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great people who always want to help, always surrounded by really powerful minds, awesome location in downtown Austin

Cons

Too easy to feed my coffee addiction here

Keep doing what you are doing

8. Initial impressions

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation for the challenging work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, fun market space is on par. It's hard to ignore the perks that come with working in the office.

Cons

Currently employees working at headquarters are spread out over three office spaces. Likely this is only temporary. Certainly a challenge in downtown Austin to find office space.

Keep innovating, challenging, and being the market experts. The competition looks for any chance to gain an advantage. Groom and promote from within.

Great place to work

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Very promising business with tons of innovation coming out of product, and across the company. The company launches new products at a rate that is unheard of in SaaS - while most of our competitors move at a glacial pace, we move with #agilispeed which is why we win in the market.

- Leadership empowers their teams to be creative, strategic and take on new opportunities. Not all employees take advantage of that, but it's definitely encouraged.

- Extremely bright coworkers. The company hires the smartest people in social, who also happen to be really cool and fun. Tons of people here are also friends with each other outside of work, which is always a good sign that you're hiring well.

- Company does a great job at celebrating wins. ALso lots of fun perks around the office - free lunch, yoga, trail runs, downtown parking, etc. But the perks don't make the job - if you don't believe in the company, like what you do and like your coworkers, no amount of perks will make up for that.

Cons

- Company moves fast, and employes are expected to also. If you thrive in a startup environment, this is a good thing. But if you are adverse the change or prefer a slower work environment, this can be stressful.

- Keep promoting from within!

My first job—incredible

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The perks are awesome (Whole Foods catered lunches, breakfast tacos, pastries, massages, movie matinees, etc.) but it's the people who make this place so special. I am the envy of all of my friends because of the stories that I share about my first big kid job. I know I'm new to the workforce but I can't imagine finding a more supportive and genuine team of people to spend 40 hours a week with. Also, there's an unlimited vacation policy so that 40 hours isn't set in stone...

Cons

Our monthly massages only last 20 minutes? But really I have no cons.

Please continue to recognize our accomplishments and encourage us to step outside our comfort zones—it's what makes this company special.

Fast-paced startup with great people and company culture

I have been working at Spredfast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

"Freesponsibility" - a tenet of company culture meaning they trust you to do your work on the time that works best for you. You set your own hours, take unlimited vacation days, run occasional errands or work from home without feeling guilty.

Wonderful teammates - it's great to work with smart people who are all driven towards the same goals. During a recent "hackweek" we all got to work on projects to help improve the business, even if they weren't in our normal scope. The ideas that resulted blew me away. Very collaborative, smart people.

And, there's the daily free lunch.

Cons

Open Office - I'm not a big fan of having everyone all lumped together in the middle. I find it distracting, and would likely be more efficient in a dedicated office or at least a cube. Especially distracting in the sales are where lots of people are on the phone all day.