Spring Venture Group

Spring Venture Group Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Spring Venture Group CEO Chris Giuliani

Chris Giuliani

Great place to grow, be successful and have a great time doing it!

Medicare Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to start a new sales career or change from another employer. I came with previous Sales background and was excited about the uncapped commissions and bonus opportunities. Unlike a lot of jobs I interviewed for where earnings potential is unrealistic this is not the case here. The sales goals are high but achievable with a little hard work and when bonuses are hit the payout is great! The culture is great and management takes great pride in its people and does their best to make sure everyone here is successful. Management is flexible and understanding and help me when I need it. There are lots of fun activities and when goals are hit they are well celebrated.

ConsNot many for me. It is a Sales job so you know what you should be in for. It is hard work and fast paced but it makes the days go by fast! Just like any other sale job, you get out what you put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your employees and make this a great place to work.

The best culture I have experienced in my career.

ProsGreat work environment with a team centric culture. Tools and attention are given to every single employee to help them achieve their goals. Management are some of the hardest working employees, which is great to see your boss putting in the hours as well. Work hard/play hard type of company where you feel you are at work with some of your best friends.

ConsGoals are lofty, but fair and attainable if you put in the time, which can mean long hours at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees more in the loop about the growth and goals of the company.

Not a place to have a career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment. They mask the crappy pay by giving you free beer on Fridays.

ConsBenefits suck. Goals are unattainable. No management structure. They dazzle you with beer on Fridays and company outings, but screw you on commissions. Good job for high school grads, but not for adults looking for a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They don't care. It's a revolving door of employees and they like it like that.

Spring Venture Group VP, HR and Recruiting responded to this review

Jun 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts regarding your employment at Spring Venture Group. We sincerely appreciate your critique and will use it as we endeavor to continue to make Spring ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great company!

Transfer Agent (Former Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsFlexible schedule, relaxed workplace, promotion from within and growth opportunity. Great people to work with!

ConsHigh sales required but not unrealistic.

Great with few cons

Medicare Advisor (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsAbout a week long training course. Get to listen to successful sales agents to learn different selling methods. Majority young staff, great people to talk to, I can honestly say there wasn't a person there that didn't want to help out or ask how your day was going. Company outings every now and then and some ordered in lunches from time to time.

ConsManagement. Their in a phase of growth right now after moving to the new downtown office and a lot of the questions I had would go unanswered or would be answered by one of the managers who did not like you asking questions. It's a painful process when you're starting out and have questions you want to ask but all the manager's are busy and the people around you are just starting out as well and makes it hard to make a decision. The worst thing you wanna do is spend 2 hours on a phone with a family trying to sign them up then when someone is available they tell you you can't sign them up.Sometimes the underwriting department wouldn't get back with you in a timely manner, but that could be because they just hired a bunch of them as well. There are typically long hours, including working saturday but that's only from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Great company to get your feet wet.

ProsGreat atmosphere, great culture and fun people to work with.

ConsBenefits aren't very good. The sales targets can sometimes be unattainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more feedback.

Fulfilling and challenging career opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsResults-driven with opportunities to improve your performance with helpful feedback
    Intellectually-stimulating
    Fast-paced
    Everyone's opinion matters

ConsSometimes the hours are long (if that bothers you)

I have had a very positive experience doing an awesome position around people that are great to work with.

Policy Services Representative (Current Employee) Leawood, KS

Prosgreat pay, great people, great leadership, great opportunities both professional and social

Conssometimes the hours get a little long

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Spring Venture Group is a group of friends that happen to work together.

Licensed Agent (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThis company is is owned and managed by some of the best people I have ever met. We have a lot of fun here but the most beneficial aspect of working here are the skills we are taught. Sales is an art which is not easily taught but here, they have it down to a science. I have developed so many skills which help me to excel not only in the office, but in many other parts of my life. We are given everything we need to succeed and then managed by very caring and talented people. The company culture is awesome! We really do enjoy being around each other!

ConsIt is a good thing we are all friends because we work a lot. It can be fast paced and stressful but that aspect of the job is balanced with, again, great support and many company outings!

Advice to Senior ManagementMy mother always told me "if you surround yourself with good people, good things will happen" I think you guys have done a great job with this so far and I hope that through our growth and expansion you keep this in mind and keep bringing in the best!

Great Company. Fun Atmosphere.

Life Insurance Sales (Current Employee) Leawood, KS

ProsNo micro managing. You get to run your "own business", They give you all the tools you need to succeed and strive to want to have EVERYONE to well. great team environment and everyone pushes each other.

Consits a call center so can get loud.

Worked for Spring Venture Group? Contribute to the Community!