Springbox

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Tom West

The Perfect Internship

Account Service Intern (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSpringbox has created a fantastic culture for its employees. Mentors give their interns enough structure that they don't get bored, but enough space to really shine and take on new and fresh projects.

ConsIt's just the nature of the advertising industry, but turnover is rather high. Two and half years after interning, at least ten people I worked closely with were elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider paying their interns. It's understandable that students are hungry for industry experience but it's a marginal cost in the grand scheme of things.

Great culture, fun team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCulture was fun and fast-paced. Very structured and process oriented agency. Heavy focus on individual growth and mentorship.

Conswork-life balance was tough given the demands of clients inability to scale quickly for short-term projects. Company sold multiple times while there, so those transitions were scary, tough and ended in some loss of staff.

Great Company Culture at Springbox!

ProsThere is a great culture at Springbox. We work hard and play harder! I have not worked in such a collaborative environment as Springbox and truly enjoy going to work each day.

ConsThough there is compensation for parking I do wish it was a bit more convenient.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work hard. Play hard.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThis is the first agency I've worked at where everyone is held accountable for their work. It's a great team environment and everyone is always willing to help each other out. After only being here a few weeks, I was able to start running my own projects with confidence because I had such a supportive team behind me.

ConsThe overall process is being refreshed but with most agency's that's always the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be open and honest about the company's goals and expectations.

Great company on the forefront of the digital industry.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsTake clients/projects that are strategy-driven and will be interesting for team members to be a part of; Fun work environment with lots of employee perks including offsites and team happy hours; Easy access to management team; Collaborative from project inception to completion - with clients as well as internally.

ConsGoing to gain 30 lbs. from all the great snacks around the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open about personnel changes.

Great place to work and grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI've seen the leadership change a few times over the years and through all the change, good and bad, Springbox is still the best place I've ever worked. I try not to take it for granted and complain about the small stuff. I learn something new almost daily while working on challenging projects. The office is great, the people are great, and I am truly happy with my career at Springbox.

ConsStill some work to be done to get all the teams to work together smoothly and understand processes because of the changes in staff and leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communication regarding the direction of the company open and continue bringing in exciting client work.

Great partnerships allows for great work.

Creative Director (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAccountability and ownership is shared across the entire organization.
    Responsible creative and dev minds deliver future-friendly experiences.
    Innovation is expected.

ConsThe team is ready and willing to jump on more work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on building great partnerships with desired brands.

I really look forward to waking up each day to go to work.

ProsGreat co-workers/smart people.
    Open, collaborative environment.
    Fun place to work.
    Good potential for professional growth.
    Owner is excited and invested in the employees and business.
    Great overall vision for an ever changing industry.

ConsHR is not onsite full-time. They are always available via email but this can be somewhat frustrating when dealing with pressing issues that are better handled in person.
    Adoption rate of new or alternative software solutions moves fairly slow.
    Internal server setup could use some attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings are continually getting better. Keep up the good work and continue taking the well-being of your co-workers into consideration when planning for the future.

Still a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat clients, quality projects, clear company vision and principles, smart people, solid leadership

ConsWent through an acquisition earlier in the year which caused instability and employee turnover, but much better now.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour new leadership has brought a clear vision and I believe everyone has bought in, keep it up.

Springbox review

Party and Event Planner (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsHard working but relaxed environment. Good people. Work hard, play hard.

ConsParking downtown is tough but love the location

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Worked for Springbox? Contribute to the Community!