Springbrook Software

Updated October 4, 2014
4.1

Steve Rementeria

Growing company, great culture

I have been working at Springbrook Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company isn't huge so there is very high visibility for all of the work you do. Management wants employees to have a good work-life balance, so you will periodically have check-ups with management to make sure you aren't working too much. The company has grown in the past few years, so there have been some growing pains in terms of processes, but it is something that is constantly being worked on and is improving. Your work -will- directly affect clients.

Fully stocked kitchen, kegerator (that is enjoyed in moderation and mostly on Friday after-hours..I don't understand most of these other reviews listing that as a negative) and game room are signs that management wants to keep employees happy.

Flexible hours for most departments, which include the ability to work remotely if necessary.

Most clients and coworkers are fantastic to work with.

Cons

No formal training for most departments. Pay isn't outstanding, but the work-life balance makes up for it (compare working 60-70 hour weeks with a 'high salary' and 40-45 here and there really isn't much of a difference for the number of hours worked).

Keep working on transparency with initiatives and sharing the vision for the company. As we grow, strive to maintain the 'Springbrook culture' that keeps it feeling like a family.

Circling the drain......

I worked at Springbrook Software (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly decent benefits, culture is terrific if you like to trade kegs & open bar for salary, which is the way it rolls there. Locally owned company......

Cons

This company will think nothing of letting you go at a moment's notice. I've seen them do it time and again, without regard to employee contribution or client reaction. Financial numbers are given to staff, but they are fantasy numbers..... Not surprising the CFO left recently. Clients will soon notice increasing numbers of newbies on staff and little knowledge of client history.

Recognize that your staff has built your company from the ground up and show some respect. Expect more and more of your staff will be looking to leave first chance they get. Not many long-term employees for a reason.

Current employee, not disgruntled former employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Springbrook Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great collaborative culture! Focus on results, do a good job and reward will come. Excellent mix of promote from within and hiring needed talent. High growth company with lots of opertunity! Did I mention the kegaerator?

Cons

Salaries are lower than market, benifets and culture make up for it. Not a place to work if you do not care about customers and co-workers. You are either part of the team, or quickly not part if the team.

Keep up the great work! I really appreciate the fact that all senior management is approachable and cares about staff. Don't mess up the culture as we grow!

The ability to spin any situation into a positive one is key to working at this company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Springbrook Software (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can learn many skills at a quick pace as you have to do this to survive. You learn quickly to get anything important or relevant put on paper and signed so senior staff and management does not forget about the conversation. You meet some awesome long lasting friends who are willing to work as hard as you do.

Cons

Some senior management have been promoted from within and have no clue how to manage. Or work with staff. It would behoove management to educate them, as in get the training they need Never assume they are going to carry thru the promises they make to you or clients. Bag the sodas and snacks and increase your rate of pay.

Become more involved in your management staffs practices. Make sure they are a good fit to your team.

A growing company that is still growing up

I have been working at Springbrook Software full-time

Pros

-- Good opportunities for advancement
    -- Cheerful, fun work environment
    -- Collaborative teams
    -- Awesome kitchen and kegerator
    -- Easy communication vertically and horizontally
    -- Company is small enough that your work is visible and has an impact on company success

Cons

-- Environment can be disorganized (e.g. double-booked conference rooms)
    -- Strategy is not clearly communicated to all staff
    -- Goals can shift over time without announcement

Continue putting structure in place and do a better job of communicating company initiatives and goals to all the staff.

I Love my Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Springbrook Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*This company is great at mentoring, and helping to build people's careers, and almost always promotes from within.
    *If you have a good idea, there are no obstacles to having it heard and implemented.
    *The founders are wonderful people, who are as invested in your success at the company as they are in your happiness with your family, and life outside of work.
    *There is a huge effort to make the office environment comfortable. It has a keg-a-rator, fully stocked wine racks, breakfast and lunch foods, and games.

Cons

* The pay isn't as competitive as other companies in the industry, and there isn't a great deal of monetary stratification between the CEO and your average employee.
    *5 of the 7 departments are great, but the other 2 are terrible.

Fix your management problem for the two departments that are failing due to lack of leadership.

I love this place....

Current Employee - Trainer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Springbrook Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have just completed a review of this company but I really can't say enough good things about it as I have had my job off shored and outsourced 10 times in 10 years. To find a company that actually keeps services and support in house is nothing short of miraculous.

Cons

The company isn't big enough to provide employment to all of the other people like me who long for a by gone era.

Keep up the amazing work guys!

Small family run business

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Springbrook Software

Pros

If you enjoy working for a family run business then this is the place for you. Be prepared to be micro-managed from the owners though.

Cons

They can't afford to offer what some of the larger organizations can offer their employees. They make a big deal about breakfast.

The owners need to retire and get some fresh blood in the management team. Or sell to a larger organization and retire off the money.

Springbrook Software Photos