Springleaf Finance Reviews

Don

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Springleaf Finance full-time

Pros

Co workers are fun to work with/good vacation time/ able to leave early if need be if your manager is cool with you.

Cons

Where do I start???? When you look up micro-managing in the dictionary, springleaf will be listed! Schedule is constantly changing, they want you to work every Saturday. Pay is horrible. Claim that the only way to get a raise is through the bonus incentive program but the goals are unrealistic. BM and up are clueless. BM's will throw you under the bus to save themselves. DM's are outdated. They're so negative. We receive a negative email almost everyday. THEY DO NOT VALUE THEIR EMPLOYEE'S. ALWAYS MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR JOB IS ON THE LINE. SPRINGLEAF HAS THE LEAD BY FEAR MENTALITY. I am trying my best to leave this company, ASAP.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line employee's! Ask us how policies work as we are the ones trying them out. Stop with the changing of the schedules, working late night on random days are not beneficial. Understand work/life balance... we do not eat/breathe/sleep Springleaf!

sold loan products

I worked at Springleaf Finance

Pros

get to sit down all day. and off weekends

Cons

management is poor. poor incentive plan

Advice to Management

get new managers

3. Really quite a good company to work for

I have been working at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous vacation time...They really try to make it a "great place to work" by lots of giveaways and discounted tickets to local events, etc., nice facilities, are well entrenched in the local community. There is a commitment to enabling "team members" to follow their desired career path. I think that's really commendable.

Cons

Maybe TOO focused on making everything fun, cheer-leading gets a little old, sometimes I just want to work. Management team is not really monitored as to their effectiveness. Seems like some managers just attend meetings and talk the game upwardly (to their superiors), but then they are very unresponsive in the other direction when issues or concerns are presented.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage your email inbox better and be more responsive to those who do the work for you!!

5. 16 year employee, never happier. Excited about the future!

I have been working at Springleaf Finance

Pros

Huge opportunity for advancement and great leadership at all levels. Good benefits, flexibility and profit sharing, good salary ranges and employee engagement.

Cons

Very fast paced, hard to keep up. Outdated technology but improving constantly. Suggest management look to upgrade current system with something already created.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to improve technology. With right systems, we are unstoppable!
    Continue the employee survey and goals of making Springleaf a "Great Place to work!" We are getting there!
    Continue to offer profit sharing, great benefit!

Personal Loan Consultant

Former Employee - Personal Loan Consultant
    Former Employee - Personal Loan Consultant

I worked at Springleaf Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No college experience needed

Cons

-No organization in the new hire system
    -Poor management/communication skills

Advice to Management

Gossiping and putting down employees is not how you run a business. That's how you run a high school.

Financial Representative

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, learn about loan process, good starter job

Cons

Didn't like having to solicit clients to increase loans and continue their debt cycle. The company doesn't help its customers but traps them in debt for as long as they possibly can.

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lake City, SC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lake City, SC

I worked at Springleaf Finance

Pros

The pay and benefits were great for the area, and there was room to grow.

Cons

Management only sees you as a number. If you aren't producing, you will be fired.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening your hard-working employees. This is the reason for your high turnover rate.

Senior Loan Specialist

I have been working at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good vacation/discretionary time off.

Cons

Micro-management. Fear of job loss. Unethical work practices. Unprofessional work environment. Understaffed in almost every location which leads to a stressful work environment. Poor pay.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, like their lives matter. Have offices staffed correctly so if one person is off it is not pure chaos. Have policies that are in place for everybody not ADO to DM to Manager to internal auditors.

Don't just throw me under the bus

Current Employee - Personal Loan Specialist
    Current Employee - Personal Loan Specialist

I have been working at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great 401k
    Wear jeans every Friday
    Front line non-management employees are great to be around, young and bright work force
    I can sometimes afford to pay my rent on time

Cons

The health insurance is terrible
    I'm expected to be a top salesperson, expert collector, bounty hunter, telemarketer and credit analyst all at once and I'm paid less than any of those one job titles
    As many reviewers before me have said, management will give you an action plan, and when it doesn't work out they will deny ever telling you that and throw you under the bus
    Work life balance, meaning you will live at work and work will be your life
    Much of what it means to be a successful employee is about skirting certain policies
    Working with ancient technology with no option for telecommuting

Advice to Management

The branch employees aren't blind to what's happening, we all know massive layoffs are coming as you merge with OneMain and intend to become an online lender. You can't centralize another process and open up more call centers and then reassure us that our branch jobs are safe. Offering someone a completely different job in another part of the country is not the same as job security.

Make your sales goals realistic. When employees feel the goals are impossible to achieve, many won't even try, and you won't get good results. The high pressure sales tactics you are using to push life insurance, credit insurance, and car insurance on customers is giving your company a bad reputation. You can't put up a poster saying insurance is optional and then train employees to make the extras sound mandatory, the customer satisfaction will suffer.

Having to sollicit your present customers who are past due on their bills *right now* doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

You need to pay your employees better, right now Springleaf is just a temporary job where we can get training/experience and then get a better paying job with a competitor doing the same thing. The economy isn't the same as it was 3 years ago, we are no longer locked in place and you're going to lose a lot of your talent this year.

11. Very results driven company. Seem to be moving into a great place.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Springleaf Finance

Pros

They have a very good bonus program.

Cons

None at this time. Its a very good company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed