Springleaf Finance Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Senior Loan Specialist

I have been working at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good vacation/discretionary time off.

Cons

Micro-management. Fear of job loss. Unethical work practices. Unprofessional work environment. Understaffed in almost every location which leads to a stressful work environment. Poor pay.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, like their lives matter. Have offices staffed correctly so if one person is off it is not pure chaos. Have policies that are in place for everybody not ADO to DM to Manager to internal auditors.

Don't just throw me under the bus

Current Employee - Personal Loan Specialist
    Current Employee - Personal Loan Specialist

I have been working at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great 401k Wear jeans every Friday Front line non-management employees are great to be around, young and bright work force I can sometimes afford to pay my rent on time

Cons

The health insurance is terrible I'm expected to be a top salesperson, expert collector, bounty hunter, telemarketer and credit analyst all at once and I'm paid less than any of those one job titles As many reviewers before me have said, management will give you an action plan, and when it doesn't work out they will deny ever telling you that and throw you under the bus Work life balance, meaning you will live at work and work will be your life Much of what it means to be a successful employee is about skirting certain policies Working with ancient technology with no option for telecommuting

Advice to Management

The branch employees aren't blind to what's happening, we all know massive layoffs are coming as you merge with OneMain and intend to become an online lender. You can't centralize another process and open up more call centers and then reassure us that our branch jobs are safe. Offering someone a completely different job in another part of the country is not the same as job security. Make your sales goals realistic. When employees feel the goals are impossible to achieve, many won't even try, and you won't get good results. The high pressure sales tactics you are using to push life insurance, credit insurance, and car insurance on customers is giving your company a bad reputation. You can't put up a poster saying insurance is optional and then train employees to make the extras sound mandatory, the customer satisfaction will suffer. Having to sollicit your present customers who are past due on their bills *right now* doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth. You need to pay your employees better, right now Springleaf is just a temporary job where we can get training/experience and then get a better paying job with a competitor doing the same thing. The economy isn't the same as it was 3 years ago, we are no longer locked in place and you're going to lose a lot of your talent this year.

3. Very results driven company. Seem to be moving into a great place.

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

They have a very good bonus program.

Cons

None at this time. Its a very good company to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. Decent place to work

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Decent benefits, great incentive programs for those who are good producers. Salary is competitive with advancement opportunities.

Cons

New employee training is poor. No longer has retirement benefits.

6. Love it

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer

Pros

PTO and relaxed environment are great

Cons

Heavy work load can get overwhelming

It was average

Pros

I liked the employees and helping people in need.

Cons

The management does not seem to care for their employees. Something has to be done to improve this.

Advice to Management

There should be more focus around their employees. Without them. They have nothing

Good place to work

Current Employee - Personal Loan Specialist in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Personal Loan Specialist in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good incentive programs, relaxed environment, good vacation perks, management is considerate

Cons

Some office policies are time consuming that are out dated and not needed, base pay is not on par with other similar titles, the job is more like 3 job titles in one and do more work for less pay

Advice to Management

Base pay needs to be up to par with similar job titles

Turn Back before it's to late!

Pros

They paid me something at least...

Cons

Basically everything, non-competitive salary, terrible workplace communication, management wont hesitate to throw you under the bus if they think they can somehow benefit or push blame off themselves.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a fair competitive wage. $36k salary is not an acceptable salary for a software developer.

Good place to work, but be prepared for changes

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. I enjoyed my work there and felt like there were opportunities to advance if I wanted.

Cons

Company is constantly changing strategies, revolving door of higher ups. A lot of pressure to reach goals, and if you do reach those goals, they just raise the goals so that what you do isn't good enough. They say they want to achieve a good work/life balance but this isn't true in practice.

11. Good Management Experience

I worked at Springleaf Finance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Management Training Program was good for someone early in their career. Advancement opportunities are plentiful and it can be a fun team environment.

Cons

Upper Management was sometimes out of touch with what is going on in the current economy. Sometimes the loan goals were not realistic because we couldn't get approval for the core candidates that we marketed to.

Advice to Management

Try to stay more in tuned with the current market place.

RSS Feed </> Embed