Springs Global Reviews

OK place to work

Former Employee - Brand Manager  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Springs Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wamsutta is a good brand

Cons

Tough few years with all the lay-offs

Springs: historical leader in North American textile industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Springs Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Offers opportunity to make significant impact on business results

Cons

Limited long-term strategic vision and capability of senior management to develop/execute

Invest in strong capable resources, separate from less-than-capable leaders

This is the worst job i have ever had.

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Springs Global as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They had a nice breakroom with alot of vending machines. And the employees were friendly and easy to get along with.

Cons

I worked for one day and that is all I needed to get the gist of the operation. I was assigned to shipping and recieving. All I did was move the boxes from the production line and stack them. The production to recieving is 3:1 meaning the product gets made faster than it can be put away for storage. I was left by myself to take on this task and succeeded with virtually no help for the whole 12hr shift. I completed my task to what seemed like no end while the other people in my dept just chatted away with other workers right in my sight. Workers would take a shortcut and cut through my work space instead of using the laid out walkway. Some of them management. I had to wait on them to pass to continue my duties. Almost every employee told me how much the job I had sucked and how boring it was. This is a sweat shop. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I would rather go back to working on a drilling rig.

Enforce the rules to everyone. Be more professional and give some positive feedback to new employees to make them feel a sense of purpose and motivation. Hire enough employees to cover the high rate of production that gets put out.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was great prior to the culture shift

Former Employee - Sales  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Sales in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Springs Global

Pros

Significant market presence and influence. Still have a number of exceptional employees.

Cons

Not likely to remain a viable entity given current management and practices

Wake Up!

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Springs Global

Pros

Today very little. Since the acquisition by Coteminas, the organization has been on a downward spiral.
    The logic behind the initial merger was sound (competitive off-shore manufacturing,) however managements singular pursuit of internal brand promotion, cost reduction and lack of a realistic go to market strategy has made it an employer to avoid.

Cons

Textiles are a contracting industry that is being negatively impacted by global competitors & retailers going direct for their sourcing needs. As a result future prospects for growth are very limited.

Start to listen to your customers and line management regarding marketplace opportunities. To many direct reports to Senior Management are fearful to offer differing opinions regarding tactics & strategies.

Springs Global is a good company in a terrible industry.

Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Springs Global

Pros

The company has some strong brands, good products and talented, competent employees. Springs is still an industry leader, even if the industry is very sick. Compensation is fair given the industry dynamics, and the work-life balance is reasonable.

Fellow employees have tons of experience in the textile industry, and many started several decades before in the warehouses, mills or factories. Despite the struggles the company has faced, people have continued to work hard and make work as tolerable as possible. Has a strong international presence as almost all domestic production has been shut down at this point. Have offices in Brazil, Mexico and Asia.

Cons

In addition to general economic troubles, the textile industy is in very bad shape. After the quota that limited the amount of textile product that could be imported was lifted in 2005, foreign manufacturers dramatically ramped up supply and most domestic production was shut down. As a result, the world market is tremendously over-supplied, meaning that retailers have no end to their choices when it comes to buying directly from factories. As a result, wholesalers like Springs Global have found their businesses cut dramatically. Only branded goods allow wholesalers to make a decent return.

Due to these larger issues, employment at Springs has been very tenuous for years, whether you worked in the plants or at headquarters.

Need to be more strategic about the way they make business decisions - currently you seem to be reacting to short-term factors without an eye to what the company will be two or three years down the road.

Never Wanting to Hire on Full Time So They Wouldn't Have to Pay

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Springs Global

Pros

Worked under my own supervision
    Made my own schedule while at work
    Decent Parking
    Employees fairly nice
    Easy industry to get into

Cons

No cafeteria or lunch area
    Poor pay and benefits
    Company was stripped from the US & outsourced
    1/2 mile Walk from Parking lot to work no matter the conditions

Pay people what they are worth and quit hiring a bunch of people that don't know what they are doing. You can succeed in quotas if you pay those who are working what they are worth, because then they will feel valued and continue to work harder for you.

Low morale environment for employees

I have been working at Springs Global

Pros

Good medical, dental and vision insurance.

Cons

No vacation for a year when you start, low morale, growth opportunities extremely limited, starting salary is low.

Show more support for employees and it'll make for a better employee morale.

Worked for Springs Global? Contribute to the Community!