Springs Window Fashions

Updated February 18, 2015
Updated February 18, 2015
3.1

Scott Fawcett

Satisfied but I still long for the good old days

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company management talks a lot about values and guiding principles; has been relatively profitable during the economic downturn these last several years; decent salary and benefits including profit-sharing.

Cons

Recent lay-offs in some areas (to add head count in other areas) just doesn't make much sense because the people that got let go were good, productive people; this left those areas stretched too thin in a time of growth; the new people don't seem to be adding value; too many managers and analysts and not enough actual workers.

Find out why the best people in lead positions are leaving and do whatever you can to prevent further erosion. Headed in the wrong direction right now! Keys: Leadership and Training! Let qualified low-level workers decide their best practices. Conversely, don't let unqualified leads and ignorant managers force their way when that frustrates the actual workers.

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, PA

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've really gained a lot of customer service knowledge while working for SWF.

Cons

Pay is very low. If you are full time there is mandatory overtime every Monday. Depending on the work load that week there may be more overtime.

Management is very helpful. If you do your job and follow the rules, management will work with you to help you out in any way they can.

Supply Chain

I worked at Springs Window Fashions

Pros

Great People, flexible working enviroment

Cons

Too many politics between sales and operation

Solid Company

Current Intern - Designer Channel Marketing in Middleton, WI
    Current Intern - Designer Channel Marketing in Middleton, WI

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Friendly people
    -Easy going
    -Very relaxed work environment
    -Interesting tasks

Cons

-Not ideal location for expansion

Keep expanding so that you sell more interesting products

Best Job in 35 Years

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, use of company car, decent benefits, bonus potential based on performance of territory.

Cons

As a workaholic I tend to work way more hours than most FSR's. Sales reporting needs to more accurate for the Reps in the field. Being pulled in several directions on a daily basis can be stressful, take one thing at a time.

Please get the sales reporting fixed. I look at this on a daily basis and it has not been accurate for this whole year. What are my sales goals for the year in dollars? How can I get to these goals if I do not have accurate reporting on a daily basis. Communication needs to be better to those in the field. Our support never responds back to emails that I have sent on suggestions to make the navigation system better or the call reporting more accurate.

Going downhill... Fast

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, PA

I worked at Springs Window Fashions part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of the work family is nice, pay is also half decent for the area. Relaxed work place attire.

Cons

Management is horrible. Favorites are played heavily, and if you don't butt kiss, you are the first to go. They single people out to get rid of if they don't like you. It was a nice place to work two years ago when I started, bit then just got worse. They don't keep true to their seniority policy, some of the lead supports are incredibly rude and picky. Local manage t labels you a trouble maker for bringing up situations in the work place, especially when It's against someone they play favorites with. Would not suggest, ever, company will go under in 5 years or less with the way they are doing things now.

Stop heavy favoritism, care more about the little people who generate that income for you and your private jets and new cars.

Job has deteriorated in the past few years.

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at Springs Window Fashions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Some good management along the way. Great co-workers and teaming environment. Training and support was good.

Cons

No work life balance. More and More weekend expectations. Customers were retail accounts and even on days off...there is almost no separation from the job! Many burned out employees. Reps have low morale and management doesn't care. Goals are not communicated until halfway through the year. Bonus is capped... Which affects how much you can earn in this position.

Sales reps need goals early in the year. Sales reporting is inadequate and no one can really explain how it works.

Don't apply

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, PA

I worked at Springs Window Fashions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, work at home program

Cons

Treated poorly, you can never do enough for them, they don't care about their employees.

You need to start treating your employees like a human being instead of a number. Quantity is not always the best. Quality should be more important because that is what gains our customers trust, not the fact that we got their blinds out early or on time. Be honest with the employees too. There are so many times that we have been kept in the dark about things and then it is sprung on us.

Worst place ever!!

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Springs Window Fashions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good product that they can't ship

Cons

Terrible top heavy management. Too many people in sales leadership roles who only want to bury their heads in the sand and only blame the sales people for not meeting unrealistic sales goals on products they cannot ship. Great philosophy that they shove down your throat but don't follow. No reporting on cut commissions to sales force, tracking system in your cars, stay away!

Practice what you preach. Appreciate your employees and be upfront about your accounting system which makes no sense.

Barely livable wage in grayling.

I worked at Springs Window Fashions

Pros

Best reason..... I liked most of the people there. My coworkers were very easy to get along with.

Cons

I dont think the machine i used to produce the parts was designed for what we were trying to do with it. But we made do. Another micromanaged very low pay job. You know you got a mcjob when the management refers to the employees as an ''associate''. This whole low pay corporate culture type job situation thats taking over america that was started by walmart and the like in the eighties. Thats all thats out there. And these geeky managers that are cookie cut straight out of college with a 2 or 4 year management degree play fiddle the whole way. Yeah. One of those jobs!!!! Decent med insurance but they whacked ya like 65$ a week. That was just for myself. I.got a whole 25 cent raise.my whole 2 years i was there. Most people didnt even get that. The middletown wisconsin mother plant employees got alot better deal than the grayling mich plant. They really turn the screws on us there. Most people there were just grateful to have a job (even if they only brought home a couple hundred a week)and didnt speak up very much. Suprisingly some old rich lady owns this company and it has never went public.

Rich ceo's and board members and thier.management lakeys better start preparing. The gap.between.corporate.wealth and.employee wages is the highest its ever been. This is also in direct relation to the decline.of organized labor. But people need to eat and you guys are only making your own noose. Corporate greed can only go so far when bellies go empty. Just.like in France back in the day. Yeah let them eat cake!!!!! Corporate america......your time is coming. Your best bet is to pay a livable wage now. But oh no. Cant do that. You got.to have the biggest yacht in the harbor.