Sprint Reviews in Chicago, IL

2,135 Reviews

3.2
2,135 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 154 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 81 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Retail consultant

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

benifits package
    nation wide so its easy to relocate with the company

Cons

the company is now running the consultants into the ground with responsibilities and we are extremely underpaid

Former Employee - Indirect Prepaid Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Indirect Prepaid Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company Car with gas card

Cons

Incompetent Managers who don't car about anything but looking good on paper.

Two Words (Business School)

Good company to work until they have have a chance to screw you over for the companies benefit.

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer II  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer II in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free and discounted cell service, decent pay. Immediate supervisors are often great to work for, but have little actual say in the work or job performance process. Great team members and people committed to trying to do good by the customers

Cons

No opportunity at promotions and little focus on professional growth. Employees treated like numbers on a spreadsheet, with little or no opportunity to stand out unless will to relocate to corporate headquarters in Kansas City. Constant reorganizations and layoffs create fear and lack of motivation to do the right thing, just the cheapest alternative. No actual care about customers other than hitting arbitrary metrics.

Reduce management depth with actual attempts to listen to front line employees. Try to hire from within, nut outside the insular culture of corporate headquarters. Value employees to look beyond short term metrics and look at actual results and feedback from customers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sprint needs new leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sprint is a good place to work but the customers....the products are great. Sprint offers truly unlimited data plans that won't throttle you if you go over a preset limit. All the high end products. I love my co workers.

Cons

Middle management and the miscommunication from upper management. Unrealistic sales goals that vary so that if you sale very well they double the quotas to keep from paying out high amounts for commission. I was offered a promotion but would not take it because I didn't like the way upper management treated the store managers

Better communication and fair treatment between management levels.

worst job ever

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the co-workers are pretty fun.. used to could make a lot of money... friendly environment.. commission is fair

Cons

customer are irate.. terrible phone service... commission structure is bad... can't advance in company.. they hold you back

be prepare not to succeed to fast

Sprint is a good place to get experience and a start to see what you want for a career.

Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You can manage your own paycheck, it's nationwide so you can transfer to other states, 401k, tuition reimbursment, profit sharing, and good health benefits. I have worked for this company off and on for 10 yrs and they always rehiring me back so that was a big plus.

Cons

This is the sole reason why I left the company and have promised never to go back. The rollercoaster hours will take a toll on you physically and mentally! You are required to attend every Friday morning meeting at 7am even if you have an evening shift, which means you lose valuable sleep to perform your duties effectively and you are wasting gas to travel back and forth from your home to the job four times in one day. You also have to attend a monthly Townhall meeting at 7am that is usually scheduled very far from your own store or home. Here is the kicker and the reason I quit. You must attend these meetings even if you are scheduled off that day! Your day off is supposed to be your day off and is unethical to me. You cannot really take a vacation outside of the state and it interrupts you from things you have scheduled on your day off.

Stop with the favoritism, your decisions should be made on an employees performances and qualifications and not personality contests. Stop basing decisions based on your own emotions and base them on the needs of the company. Stop threatening and harrassing valuable employees by hanging their jobs over their heads, even with top leading employees doing a good job with the most common saying they love to use, which is, "You better do this or else we can find somebody willing to take your job and do it for less pay". Stop promising promotions to people that you have no intentions on keeping that promise with.

store manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

commission structure is great and has great potential discounted wireless bill

Cons

Works a lot of hours hard to bonus depending on what store you are put at. upper management do not care about anything but their numbers. very disrespectful and belittling

Long and draining

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Customer satisfaction, competitive commission structure, paid time off and benefits, on the job training, good for students

Cons

Breakdown in communication and strategy between departments

Stick to a strategy and run with it

sprint

Former Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the benefits such as vacation time is fantastic

Cons

supervisors aren't professional. get professional help!

Sprint is a great company and the team that I was a part of was hard working & successful. Great management team!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprint full-time

Pros

Worked with great customers and you were part of a quality organization that you could feel proud to be a part of with quality products and good care and service team.

Cons

There was not enough time in the day to keep up with all of the requests. You would have to do your best to be as organized as you could to be as responsive as possible.

Be able to find out more on ways to stay within the organization. More Career planning.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!