Sprint

3.2 2,005 reviews

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

(1,333 ratings)

Pros
  • you have free phone service and I enjoyed working with my co-workers(in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in(in 119 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted(in 78 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges(in 26 reviews)

2,005 Employee Reviews

Treats people well while it struggles to gain footing in marketplace

ProsBig company with lots of room for development. Transfers are easy to get. Making progress on legacy poor cost structure.

ConsThreat of layoffs with rumored mergers

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Happy but Exhausted for 6 years

ProsI loved the atmosphere and the work.

ConsThe management could use some improvement.

Great people and purpose but their size gets in the way of success.

Web Content Specialist II (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe web team has many talented people to work with that value the work everyone does. They work hard to make a great customer experience and have many great ideas. The web team leadership is caught up in their own career success rather than that of the user, so decision were often based on internal perceptions rather than user experience.

ConsThe company and teams are to large so red tape and team silos often make for a poor user experience. The company has the right mix of people but they are not enabled to make significant changes that would tremendously benefit the user.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more risks and stop being concerned about your own careers and the expense of the user experience and employee success.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sprint is a decent place to work

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsExcellent phone plan benefits, compensation plans designed to maximize commission potential for retail sales employees

ConsArea senior leadership are so far apart from the store their directives are often counterproductive to whats successful for the stores. Additionally the misdirection creates significant pressure on management typically within a domino effect eventually creating a relatively disjointed and chaotic work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with the stores on a personal level versus giving impractical directives from a desk. Hiring freezes while stores are short staffed are significantly counterproductive to business needs. Stop expecting everything and providing no foundation for the store to be successful.

Grinds your soul down

Lead Retail Consultant (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGood pay for doing virtually nothing all day.

ConsAs with any job, the manager, his or her knowledge of the procedures and care and respect of his or her employees can make or break any company. Expect to deal with low credit class customers and give up most semblance of a healthy diet / lifestyle. Quarter over quarter sprint has reported increasingly larger revenue gains. On the same token if you look at any of the Richmond store's composite scores (this is how we track performance and base commission payouts) they are all deep red. What does this tell you? We are selling, sprint is making money but the quotas are too high, and the front line grunts aren't getting paid fairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe problem with sprint is they don't connect with their employees on a real level. The latest example includes a huge pay cut in commission salaries and the fact that they're requiring us to wear carrier specific t shirts for up to toe months at a time. They only give you 2 shirts. If you're lucky, in your size.

I enjoyed the customers hated management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslaid back work environment, fun and entertaining customers, the opportunity to make a lot of money

Consthe company really does not care about their employees

Very chaotic organization

Strategic Partnership Manager (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsEmpowers employees
    Lots of benefits
    exposure to upper management

ConsNo clear long term strategy
    Accountability is an issue
    No clear carrier plan

Not enough accountability!

ProsGreat coworkers which are Very hardworking. Training was great hard working trainers.

ConsWeak personal growth if not in the in crowd. No accountability from upper management to supervisors. Bonuses were great until switch to business care. Which meant more work less pay.

loved my job but upper management can really put a bad taste in your mouth

Manager (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosgreat benefits 401 k medical dental

Conspoor upper mgmt. needs structure

Advice to Senior Managementdon't change the rules for on policies for personal gain- be consistent and fair across the board- this leads to poor employee morale

Under construction

Prosbenefits, base pay, team, engineers

ConsNetwork, support, integrity, expectations, stability

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!