Sprint

2,535 Reviews
3.2
2,535 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 169 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 153 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 102 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

love working for sprint.. did it for over 4 yrs with third party vendor, now actually working for sprint....benefits are great

Cons

none that i can find

Sprint pays the bills.

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Sprint is good for bonuses.

Cons

Annual raise is a no go....Sprint has been on a raise freeze for 3 years.

Remember that it is the employees that make the customer profitable not just the products/

Technical Support

I worked at Sprint

Pros

While working at Sprint Nextel you will always be able to work with the latest technology that is currently available.

Cons

When working at Sprint Nextel, at times you get the feeling that everything is always rush rush rush to get a new product to the customer.

You will encourage more empolyees to submit ideas on how to potentially improve there current working environment by periodically posting ideas that have been submitted and approved and show how that idea will help.

Quality products, heavy workforce, snobbery is backfiring - good move with Boost Mobile expansion!

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Sprint

Pros

A great place to learn the business and the ability to grow if you are willing to put in the time and work required.

Cons

I typically worked 60 to 70 hours a week and was very stressed out.

Listen to your employees! 4 years ago I asked my boss why we weren't teaching people how to use these phones with all the bells and whistles, he said because it wasn't necessary. Yes it was. Mr. Hesse must have heard someone say the same thing since I saw him pitching that idea in a recent commercial.

Good place to build skill set, better compensation taking those skills elsewhere.

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Sprint

Pros

It was a good place to learn some networking - personal and technical support - skills there. They are cutting back so many benefits plus have froze pay raises over the past few years. There is no rewarding reason or motive to stay there. There have been let go alot of good and experienced network personnel, but keep around incompetent management in an individual contributor role that has no idea about the job they are being placed in. It happened in alot of depts around there, not only mine. It was a major relief to be out of there, best thing that happen to me in my career, even in times like these.

Cons

LAYOFFS ARE CONSTANTLY LOOMING THERE EVEN IN BETTER ECONOMIC TIMES!

Buck the good ole boy system and keep management and personnel based on experience, qualifications, and certifications, not who you are buddy buddy with. I have seen that happen way too much around there in my relative long period of time I was there.

Watch out some shady characters lurking

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Very fast Chances for advancement

Cons

Lots of shady stuff going down(watch out you might get fired for something someone else did!)

Look deeper into situations before you jump to fire someone. You might find out the person you are looking at had nothing to do with it!

Am I going to have a job this week?

Current Employee - Technical Support Technician in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Support Technician in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Sprint is wonderful to work for because there are so many areas that one can be exposed to. Equally they allow those with training and others needing experience to join our team. That to me is very important because I have ran into the past where I have been turned down for a position I was capable of doing but did not have professional experience. Sprint is wonderful with the advances in technology. Sprint is great with benefits and having systems in place for flexibilty for time off for whatever reason. They work with you.

Cons

One downside of working for Sprint is that even though the pay is good, the treatment towards customers in lower level customer service is horrible. I hear everyday how someone just did not want to help the customer and just transfered them to someone else whether they were trained to assist with the customers issue or not. Unfortunately it is ususally a mistransfer so the customer then has to be transfered again. This is a continuous cycle until someone like myself gets the call and enough is enough. I personally do not feel as though the customer is the sole focus for sprint nor the employees. I know that before the merge I was with Nextel. Things were so much different. All of the time there were little competitions between teams and groups, fundraisers for important issues, and prizes for teams or departments for contests and such. I felt appreciated, but now under Sprint it feels like they are all about money. There is not appreciation for employees and no respect for the customers. I understand why customers are leaving because they feel the friction. Last but not least is the uncertainty of whether or not we will have a job. Being in the IT field there have been lay offs and it has brought concern. I have already been near the possibility for a lay off 2 times already within 2 years. That is not a good ratio.

I would ask to be more fair and not hold a bias to someone that expresses concerns and is willing to share with you what is really happening in the company around them. There is too much favoritism within the work place. Also, it would be nice to have proceedures presented in a better format and to be all inclusive to assure that one knows what their job is and what they actually are supposed to handle.