Sprint

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I like Sprint

Design Engineer III (Current Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

ProsThere are many Engineering and design opportunities to learn from.

ConsCommunicaton is sometimes a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is often times remote. There should be more emphasis on allowing managers to physically meet with their teams.

Customer Service Rep

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

Proslove working for sprint.. did it for over 4 yrs with third party vendor, now actually working for sprint....benefits are great

Consnone that i can find

Sprint pays the bills.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

ProsSprint is good for bonuses.

ConsAnnual raise is a no go....Sprint has been on a raise freeze for 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that it is the employees that make the customer profitable not just the products/

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

ProsWhile working at Sprint Nextel you will always be able to work with the latest technology that is currently available.

ConsWhen working at Sprint Nextel, at times you get the feeling that everything is always rush rush rush to get a new product to the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will encourage more empolyees to submit ideas on how to potentially improve there current working environment by periodically posting ideas that have been submitted and approved and show how that idea will help.

Good place to build skill set, better compensation taking those skills elsewhere.

Test Engineer (Former Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

ProsIt was a good place to learn some networking - personal and technical support - skills there. They are cutting back so many benefits plus have froze pay raises over the past few years. There is no rewarding reason or motive to stay there. There have been let go alot of good and experienced network personnel, but keep around incompetent management in an individual contributor role that has no idea about the job they are being placed in. It happened in alot of depts around there, not only mine. It was a major relief to be out of there, best thing that happen to me in my career, even in times like these.

ConsLAYOFFS ARE CONSTANTLY LOOMING THERE EVEN IN BETTER ECONOMIC TIMES!

Advice to Senior ManagementBuck the good ole boy system and keep management and personnel based on experience, qualifications, and certifications, not who you are buddy buddy with. I have seen that happen way too much around there in my relative long period of time I was there.

Quality products, heavy workforce, snobbery is backfiring - good move with Boost Mobile expansion!

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

ProsA great place to learn the business and the ability to grow if you are willing to put in the time and work required.

ConsI typically worked 60 to 70 hours a week and was very stressed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees! 4 years ago I asked my boss why we weren't teaching people how to use these phones with all the bells and whistles, he said because it wasn't necessary. Yes it was. Mr. Hesse must have heard someone say the same thing since I saw him pitching that idea in a recent commercial.

Am I going to have a job this week?

Technical Support Technician (Current Employee)
    Lenexa, KS

ProsSprint is wonderful to work for because there are so many areas that one can be exposed to. Equally they allow those with training and others needing experience to join our team. That to me is very important because I have ran into the past where I have been turned down for a position I was capable of doing but did not have professional experience. Sprint is wonderful with the advances in technology. Sprint is great with benefits and having systems in place for flexibilty for time off for whatever reason. They work with you.

ConsOne downside of working for Sprint is that even though the pay is good, the treatment towards customers in lower level customer service is horrible. I hear everyday how someone just did not want to help the customer and just transfered them to someone else whether they were trained to assist with the customers issue or not. Unfortunately it is ususally a mistransfer so the customer then has to be transfered again. This is a continuous cycle until someone like myself gets the call and enough is enough. I personally do not feel as though the customer is the sole focus for sprint nor the employees. I know that before the merge I was with Nextel. Things were so much different. All of the time there were little competitions between teams and groups, fundraisers for important issues, and prizes for teams or departments for contests and such. I felt appreciated, but now under Sprint it feels like they are all about money. There is not appreciation for employees and no respect for the customers. I understand why customers are leaving because they feel the friction. Last but not least is the uncertainty of whether or not we will have a job. Being in the IT field there have been lay offs and it has brought concern. I have already been near the possibility for a lay off 2 times already within 2 years. That is not a good ratio.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would ask to be more fair and not hold a bias to someone that expresses concerns and is willing to share with you what is really happening in the company around them. There is too much favoritism within the work place. Also, it would be nice to have proceedures presented in a better format and to be all inclusive to assure that one knows what their job is and what they actually are supposed to handle.

Watch out some shady characters lurking

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVery fast Chances for advancement

ConsLots of shady stuff going down(watch out you might get fired for something someone else did!)

Advice to Senior ManagementLook deeper into situations before you jump to fire someone. You might find out the person you are looking at had nothing to do with it!

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprint reviews and ratings in Lenexa, KS — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sprint CEO Dan Hesse . All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Sprint employees.