Sprint

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

51 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not a Bad for Retail

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    West Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood Benefits, Not typical retail, Consistent Schedule

ConsCommission Structure changing every quarter for worst.

Technical Consultant for Sprint Nextel.

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
    Downey, CA

ProsFlexible Schedule, Co-workers, That's about it.

ConsTransferred to different locations without your consent. Management pushing numbers numbers numbers. Customers are a pain in the arse.

A great place for the college grad with fire in the belly

Business Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Long Beach, CA

ProsGood benefits, Good commission structure, Good training program, Fun environment,

ConsCompetitive industry, PIP them and SHIP them, definitely a "loved ones" organization

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone more fairly

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail consultant

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Gardena, CA

ProsManagers work with their employees that goes to school. Great incentives.

ConsPartial managers, they have their favorites.. Then again if it took years to get their position I'll do w.e I want.

Talk about being disorganized and unprofessional, wow!!!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsMost Sprint Retail locations are pretty casual and straightforward: show up on time , respond to emails and make sales. Great for students as long as the manager is willing to work with your school schedule. Also if you're good you could make a lot more money than the average entry level retail position.

ConsRelative to other wireless carriers Sprint pays the least. The morale seems to be lower their than any other carrier. (I've worked for Verizon and I have had friends that have worked for other carriers who can vouch for this claim). Uniforms can make you look like a custodian depending on what they have in stock to choose from. Customers don't really value sprint as one of the dominant carriers, so they also don't value the employee much either. Store policies are not uniform. Some stores allow you to sit when store is slow , some stores require to stand no matter how slow the store is which is ridiculous. Career path is terrible. In order to become a manager you have to take on most of manager's responsibilities with only a dollar pay raise and there is still no guarantee that you will get a a management positions since there is a lot of politics there. NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO GROW WITH CAREERWISE

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay attention to feedback from sales reps. They are the people who bring in your income. Satisfy their needs and they will satisfy yours. The managers have little influence over the motivation of these employees.

Its retail

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood benefits with decent pay while not requiring much formal education to be able to get a job and be hired

ConsAdd with any corporate structured entity, it its very bureaucratic at times causing multiple bosses to require things of you that may be redundant or silly

Advice to Senior ManagementMicromanagement can be the devil to the moral of your employees. Instead offer insight, and support while being empowering and see everyone flourish

The benifits and perks are great but with the rapid change in commissional pay made it somewhat irritating.

Owner (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe growth in this company can be somewhat easy, you just have to make sure you hit your quota every month.

ConsSprint nextel policies are great for the customer but bad for the employees. To many politics and making sure you get paid on your commissions can become a headache and more work than you think.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagment can help more on the floor than worrying about audits and back office duties. Sprint needs to hire within then to hire outsiders and place them straight into management.

What is Customer Company Policy?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsCompany fast growing. Excellent with perks, but not always.

ConsLack of advancement. Some losses preventable. Gave no quality service. Drop outs complaints and lack of delivering of promises. Run away and stay away. They don't care about the client and would rather grab the cash and not deliver on services. Crappy runaround. Sometimes lack of proper communication skill set apparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better customer service! The Customer is always right. Stop jerking them around and they will be back.

Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
    Costa Mesa, CA

ProsMy manager was awesome and I loved the people I worked with. The pay was also good especially for college students because they work with your schedule.

ConsSome customers can be a pain, but hey that's retail right?!

Decent Job and Perks

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsFree Cell service, multiple cellular line perks, medical, dental, vision, insurance

ConsWorking with customers can be a drain at times

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprint reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sprint CEO Dan Hesse . All 51 reviews posted anonymously by Sprint employees.