Sprint Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

2,165 Reviews
3.2
2,165 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 154 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 81 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time

Pros

Nice people and good at their jobs. Great teaming with all departments. Respect for others. Good work/life balance. I worked at Sprint for a long time as was let go as part of a strategic change. Sprint was good to me.

Cons

Always behind on technology and the network is currrently not good, but it should improve over the next 2 years

Fix the network fast.

Work was good, constant threat of layoffs wasn't.

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work, people. The atmosphere was good and I really enjoyed my fellow employees

Cons

Management was too confused about who was supposed to do what, this tends to happen in ahuge company.

This job has offered plenty of sales experience working with a large number of clientele and sales management.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Full time is always available. Time off policies are great. Promotions awarded at a very fast pace.

Cons

Commission structure has drastically changed. Network issues are always arising.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays well. Constant turn over provides opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Life consuming. No work life balance. Terrible

Your employees are not just numbers and they do burn out.

Great until the past few years.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free service, and skills that have been learned. Met some great people.

Cons

Upper management is blind to what is happening in there stores. Too much politics. Drastic change to benefits.

Get feedback from people working in your stores. Finish the network. Universal accountability across the country.

Great company, lots of advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sprint is a great company to work for, out side of what one might call their organization or business unit. I worked in the Los Angeles under Bobbi Lee and she's a great director. In my tenure at Sprint I began as Retail Communications Consultant and work my way all the up to Store Manager. I could advance as fast or as slow as I wanted all I had to do was provide results.

Cons

What use to be good benefits started deteriorating after Hesse took over. I understand that under the prior CEO which was Gary Forsee the company showed no growth but Hesse, all he did was turn around Customer Service at least in retail stores. The deductible when I left was outrageous provided the fact that I had Kaiser the deductible was $5000.00 for my family and they were taking the maximum amount out for all of the benefits packages.

Sprint is a Company that goes through battle after battle and still narrowly survives

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people are generally great to work with. They do value teamwork but only in your division. You have the ability to work remotely in certain positions and they offer free phone service but the phone cost is on your own dime. In the past on the sales side it was extremely lucrative but much of that has changed and high commissions payout are a thing of the past.

Cons

Sprint has seen some tough times. Most of the employees feel underpaid that have been working for the Company 5 plus years. It's rare that you will find an employee who has survived in the company for more than 6 years without either being fired or part of a layoff. The Sprint network is on a downward spiral and doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon. Outsourcing has hindered progress on 4G network build out and nobody seems to be accountable for the lack of results. This is having a negative perception of the Sprint Brand and customers are leaving. In many regards unethical behavior is tolerated and HR is often fearful of high level management.

Kansas City seems to be in another world compared to the rest of the country with how they launch marketing and products. There seems to be a lack of competency from HQ and it's evident just from the numerous attempts to re-brand the company without having success. Sprint still hasn't been able to shake the grip of being your "Daddy's Phone Carrier".

If you are looking for long-term employment this is not the Company - Sprint has been through a lot of changes and still surviving - but only surviving, not thriving.

Shady management, corporate is clueless.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, great experience (looks good on resume), fun work environment usually. Fairly easy to move up.

Cons

Sales are shady anywhere but Sprint takes the cake. I lie to customers daily to please my boss. We have weekly meetings to discuss quota numbers and daily outliers calls if you aren't hitting your quota. Management lies and manipulates employees to get better performance. Overall, to be successful you must leave your morals home and step on some toes if you want to get to the top.

Stop lying to employees and manage on the principle of respect, not fear. Stop threatening that I will lose my job if I don't perform better

Lack of direction after merger with Softbank

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pay is decent
    - Solid Benefits (Health,Dental,Vision,401K, free phone service)
    - Good co-workers that make the job more enjoyable

Cons

- Very little opportunity for growth within the company
    - Launch first, fix later mentality for new / changing products and services with little to no clear training or answers from management.
    - Constantly changing compensation structure (Higher quotas for lower pay)
    - New plans present very little benefit to long term customers
    - Consistently poor network quality
    - Lack of integrity, Managers routinely will ask you to lie in order to hit sales goals

Take a good look at your retail stores and how many long time customers you are losing due to forcibly putting customers on new plans that are overly complicated, costly amd add little benefit.

I have been in business sales with Sprint in various technical specialist roles including UC and M2M.

Current Employee - M2M Solutions Sales Manager  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - M2M Solutions Sales Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I greatly enjoy interacting with and solving problems for our clients.

Cons

With any large Fortune 100 company there are countless processes that can sometimes delay sales efforts.

Keep driving costs out of our business and deploying a best in class network.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!