Sprint Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • Free phone service for one device (in 169 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 153 reviews)

Cons
  • Inconsistent direction from upper management (in 102 reviews)

• Terrible work-life balance if working in a retail store (in 39 reviews)

3,321 Employee Reviews

1. Installations & Maintenance Project Manager

Former Employee - Installation & Maintenance in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Installation & Maintenance in New York, NY

I worked at Sprint (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work life balance and corporate culture.

Cons

Raises to keep up with cost of living have been lacking.

2. Sprint

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Easy job free phone service

Cons

kind of boring time consuming

3. Good benefits and decent pay

Former Employee - Tech Support Technician II in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Tech Support Technician II in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They encourage personal developement plans and request very little beyond normal expectations.

Cons

Wireless ISP focus in a competitive industry currently controlled by a duopoly from AT&T and Verizon at the moment.

Advice to Management

Psyc evals and mental apptitude tests should be mandatory for direct hires in higher paying roles to better understand your employees.

Getting better every day

Current Employee - Applications Developer II
    Current Employee - Applications Developer II

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is in the midst of a major turnaround from the top down. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, grow, and gain new experience. The CEO is serious about changing corporate habits and customer experience. Sprint has more wireless spectrum than any other company including Verizon and AT&T. Working conditions and compensation are outstanding. If you work at Sprint, you don't have to worry about getting shafted on pay, benefits, short term incentives, etc. And the work environment is awesome. Great people. Great flexibility for IT employees like me.

Cons

The company has a lot of spectrum but needs to execute on deploying it, so that means we have to work harder to compete (for now.) Deep cuts mean that employees have to wear a lot of hats. There has been a lot of outsourcing of some functions. That saved money up front, but it can make life extremely frustrating at times. The great flexibility means you will be expected to be equally as flexible when Sprint needs you and you're 'off work.' Just be aware. I'm 100% on board with this but some people might find it challenging.

Advice to Management

Outsource less and go with a smaller but more committed on-shore team. Consultants and contractors will never care about your company like your full-time employees do. Also, you sometimes give the impression that promotions and job opportunities have more to do with being in the 'club' rather than on merit. If you're going to post a job, at least give all internal candidates consideration and don't discourage people from applying (looking at you, HR/recruiting.)

6. Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Network Planner III in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Network Planner III in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for and good benefit package (i.e., free phone, good medical, life insurance, etc.). Seems like they might finally be heading in the right direction.

Cons

Company always seems behind others in the industry due to poor managerial decisions (i.e., Nextel merger)

7. Adapt or Die

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have grown a career at Sprint over several years. I have had multiple opportunities to leave and work for other companies but feel at this point that I'm part of the family. Great benefits, very very flexible work/life balance (I have worked from home for several years now), free phone services, overall good management, good opportunities for growth (if you know how to navigate). You'll do well here if you take initiative, be a self starter, form relationships and use them to your advantage. Change is constant so embrace it or you'll be gone pretty quickly. Environment can be stable especially if you aren't in retail or sales. As I said in the review title, adapt or die.

Cons

A number of poor decisions by management over the years have eroded the brand and customer confidence in Sprint, but I think we have the right executive team in place to fix those things. Systems and processes are incomplete or don't make sense sometimes but under the new leadership we are eliminating our "stupid rules" so things are getting better on that front. There are some employees in positions here they are not qualified for and our products suffer because of that. Lack of business focus and dedicated business solutions teams is an issue. Constrained sales engineering workforce is a challenge and there is almost a complete lack of business marketing attention internally especially in the device space,

Advice to Management

Continue righting the ship and stay the course. Tackle the primary challenges around network, customer sat, brand perception and make Sprint the scrappy underdog we know we can be. The great thing that we have going for us is our people and this is something that I hear time and time again, that we are trusted over our competitors especially salespeople at Verizon who would lie, cheat and sell their own mother for a sale.

8. Sprint is okay for an employer, but keep looking.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Good opportunity for growth and learning. But if you have an education, this is NOT the place to strut your intellect. I was in a top Manager meeting were we were told that "Sprint Smarts" is better than most of the extended training.

Cons

The call center is like a high school, there are clicks. Some people stated that they only come to work for the pot lucks. WOW!

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism!

9. If you adapt easily to challenges, this job is a great opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, free phone service, low cost benefits. The management team is great and are always willing to help you reach your goals as a sales professional.

Cons

Slow traffic and low sales seasons can be really frustrating for the flow of money you've been getting. But it's all about the drive!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. Opportunities if strong sales numbers and availibility

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

Employee stock pricing, good benefits, tuition reimbursement, spiffs, often looks to promote from within, and good commission opportunities.

Cons

Commission structure changes often and typically not for the employee's benefit. Small stores have slow days which destroys enthusiasm when sales opportunity presents itself. Big stores become too busy to focus on client's individual/family true wants and needs. Promotions focus on converting customers from other carriers which make current customers look for wireless solutions elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Coach employees daily and immediately so an understanding is created for do's and dont's. Focus on praising every opportunity possible so reps will be more responsive when a coaching opportunity presents itself.

Lead Retail Consultan

Current Employee - Sprint Lead Retail Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sprint Lead Retail Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Pay is low and hours are not consisten

Showing 3,321 of 3,369 reviews