Sprint

2,450 Reviews
3.2
2,450 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 169 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 153 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 102 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Job for Retail

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most Retail jobs will not pay you close to what Sprint does because of the commission. If you want an entry level sales job this is the position for you. If you are willing to move around in the district there are opportunites to move up over time. Management can sometimes be over bearing but it is way better than working minimum wage, you can actually build a career at Sprint if you put the work in.

Cons

The hours are terrible and that is to be expected. You are only as good as your current sales.

Its hard to give advice to management everyone is managed by someone telling them to do the things that frustrate their employee. My only suggestion is to not threaten the jobs of employees, it does not make you want to work harder it just creates a hostile work environment.

Needs a clear sense of direction

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Well organized, great benefits, good compensation. Incentives are many and you can make good money.

Cons

Network challenges, too many bosses with a lack of clarity on strategic direction. Business customers are confused what is the niche of Sprint in the marketplace. Ready Shoot Aim is the motto of the sales force. There is a lack of trust on products and services coming out as not ready to go to market. Too many "phone blitzes" on the product of the day

The Business sales channel was the bread and butter of the company. Too many cuts have left a lot of gaps and customers don't know which place to go for help. Employees are very frustrated and have lost the edge.

Had a great career at Sprint working in the IT department

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Fair pay.
    Good benefits
    Always worked with great teams.

Cons

Constant threat of layoffs
    Not much room to grow one you have a position.
    Company seems to have lost its focus, even with new CEO.

It was a cool company to work for

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Savannah, GA

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Real relaxed environment, not thatvhard of a job. If you have cool coworkers it makes the day go by much faster.

Cons

Dealing with angry customers, a constant lack of communication on the customer care level to the store level.

Listen more to employees scheduling needs.

Conractor review of Work at Sprint

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager IV
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager IV

I worked at Sprint

Pros

The applications were very interesting and the most team members on projects are cooperative and go above and beyond to meet deadlines.

Cons

The down side of being a contractor is that contracts only get renewed for 6 months at a time and the contractor does not know if he/she will be extended until a week or 2 prior to the contract end date.

n/a

Very confused at times

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Temp Management in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Temp Management in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great balances. Work/life and salary/commission.

Cons

Retail hrs of course to be expected. Corporate personnel have trouble giving a clear direction because they realy have one themselves. Sales goals set by Corp don't reflect reality of all regions. In other words the Corp side is really messed up and living in a fantasy world. Owners are forced to change managers and even close stores without corporate entities truly trying to figure out what the problem is. New stores in the same location have proven just as bad. My manager lost his store his job his family and his home just because he was the latest in a string of managers at a bad location. Not good carma sprint.

Retail managers and higher should stand up to the corporate people more often and make it stick. Corporate side should get their collective heads out of their... umph the clouds and look at the reality that surrounds the average consumer and retail rep in all areas. That might mean looking at the demographics of the area and similar industries in other stores in that area not typically in the same line of business.

A very good job.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Pays well. Cool people to work with. Great benefits. Employee phone plan.

Cons

At risk for commission is lower than most other companies. Retail hours. Work/Life balance, you will always feel like you're working. Goals are very aggressive.

greet company

Former Employee - Host
    Former Employee - Host

I worked at Sprint

Pros

great coworkers and flexible hours

Cons

some people are really stupid

15 years of doing the work I love, working with, and for, people I respect.

Current Employee - ENT SVCS SYS INTEG II in Lees Summit, MO
    Current Employee - ENT SVCS SYS INTEG II in Lees Summit, MO

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have always loved working on computers and with technology. Sprint has given me the opportunity of the last 15 years to learn, develop, and grow a skill set that will benefit me for the rest of my life, while getting paid very well in the process.

My time working at Sprint in Network and IT Operations has granted me the chance to learn from and develop relationships with people who I can only describe as outstanding. I have also had the chance to work with and learn from vendors at companies such as IBM, HP, BMC, EDS, and CA (just to name a few).

If you are love technology and want to learn from some of the best and brightest in the business....Sprint is a great place to work in my opinion.

Cons

Due to the competitive nature of the Telecommunications Industry in recent years (the last 5-6) there have been quite a few layoffs.

This is more so advice to the board of directors over our company than anyone at the management level.

The only and really on beef that I, and many of my coworkers, have taken issue with during the last few years of layoff after layoff is this...

Stop giving executives 50+ million dollars to quit working for us, then in the same year announce another round of layoffs.

To say that this type of move undermines employee confidence about our companies values would be an understatement.

Great company

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Good benefits and commission. Reward hard work.

Cons

None compared to other companies I've worked for.