Sprint Reviews

2,162 Reviews
3.2
2,162 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 154 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 81 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

A good place to work

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides. No one below the Director level works excessive hours. In fact, on campus the lights turn off automatically at 5:30 because everyone is gone!!! Additionally, due to budget constraints very few people are even allowed to travel, so 99%+ of employees don't even travel 1 time per year. No one can say the work/life balance is bad at Sprint!!!
    The work is generally interesting and very fast pace. Most of the people are great to work with and there is a lot of team work -especially at the corporate level.
    The benefits are very solid, although they get a little worse every year - higher copays, deductibles or premiums.

Cons

As a career employee, my biggest complaint is how they structure salary increases when you receive a promotion. Since you are internal, you are put at the bottom of the range for the new position. External hires with similar creditials can often get placed in the middle of the range. Since pay increaeses are generally small, it takes years to catch up to the midpoint. This really discourages people from sticking wtih the company.
    Additionally, with all the restructuring and downsizing over the years, upward advancement opportunities are very limited and seem to get fewer and fewer with each restructuring.

Create more development opportunities. Sprint has a leadership development program, but they only take 10-12 candidates each year, that's out of 30,000 employees. Other than that, you are on your own for development. Out of the 8 managers that I have had, only 1 has helped me with overall personal development that was not just job training. Many were unqualified to provide development training and others were just too busy.

Worked at Sprint for 13 years in the IT department working my way through the technical field. IT related.

Current Employee - Senior Executive Services IT  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Services IT in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Terrific benefits! 3.5 weeks vacation right away- 4.5 after 2 years- 5 after 10 years- 6 after 20 years. 401k match is great and with salary positions the bonuses are great! Good life/work balance. New CEO is easy to work.

Cons

Worried about layoffs since this is a #3 carrier-- seem to have rounds come through 1-2 times a year. However, Sprint offers a great program for voluntary separation and gives you great benefits (severance) whether you volunteer or actually get laid off. They work hard to rehire/position. Layoffs are really a concern for any large company these days-- I imagine they sweep through other companies just as often regardless of how well the company is doing. Fewer people = more work / better profits I guess.

Never had any problems getting time off as needed. Salary increases (at least in my dept) are not really great. Not keeping up with cost of living. Seems to be the norm in other companies these days. Promotions are not handed to anybody-- you have to apply for them with the in-house job site. Lots of opportunities! However-- they merged payscales not too long ago what used to be what we called the 71, 72, 73 - 79. Each had a certain salary range (low-mid-high) They literally took 71-73 made that a 003. Then took 74-79 and made it a 004. Which means if any of those option positions used to pay a 79 and you're technically brought in as a 75... you do not get a raise. Most jobs are lateral unless you move into management (then the payscales are much much different)

Great company great people

Former Employee - PMON Supervisor  in  Lone Tree, CO
    Former Employee - PMON Supervisor in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of benefits and training

Cons

Lots of change due the nature of the business

None

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall positive

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Corporate culture is not work until you die....Flexible and don't have people constantly looking over your shoulder, work-life balance is good, and employee health is viewed as important

Cons

reorganizations and re-shuffling, difficulty to get promoted, too many layers of management

Lead Retail Consultant

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

Great benefits medical, demtal, vision, 401K, Life, and your phone bill is free with the exception of paying insurance on device. Also discount rate for family members.

Cons

Ever changing commission structure, and high quotas.

Great but tough to move up

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay, time off, but great place to work

Cons

promotions they will have you fill as acting roles but not make the positions available

make promotions available instead of having somebody do an "acting" positions.

Great people and a great place to work if you don't mind constant change

Current Employee - Director  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Director in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people doing challenging work. The pay is good and benefits are also decent. The wireless industry is constantly changing which means you never get board and are always learning new things.

Cons

Losing many good people due to layoffs and the process for deselection doesn't take into account loss of critical and important knowledge. Those left behind are being asked to do more with less. High stress with few opportunities for future advancement make it a challenge.

Competing on price may be fine for awhile but eventually need a game changing product or service.

Sprint

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company with great benefits.
    Opportunities for leadership training and numerous certifications

Cons

Direct Management is not well balanced

Great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great pay, 401K, great medical, development opportunities

Cons

I have no complaints, great company

be more visible on the floor

Great Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have the ability to work from home every day, which leads to higher productivity and flexibility in my schedule. This proves very useful with children in the home.

Cons

Being part of the volatile wireless telecommunications industry.

Keep doing what your doing, but get the company to a level where the public has a better overall opinion of the network and the company.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!