Sprint Reviews

2732 reviews filtered by
3.2
2,732 Reviews
Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 169 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 153 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 102 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 39 reviews)

It's what you make of it.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sprint has a culture of internal promotion and advancement. From day one it's very clear how you can advance to the next level in your career. Pay is very, very competitive and management negotiates with HR on your behalf for raises and the like. You can have a great sales career at Sprint with the right manager and market.

Cons

Sprint is suffering some major brand perception challenges that makes winning new accounts uncontrollably difficult. On top of poor perception is actual poor product performance (in some areas). On the business side you're selling the network. Sprint has been consistently rated on the bottom in terms of performance so it seems like you're constantly just selling bottom dollar.

From a career standpoint, you hit a ceiling for advancement if you don't want to go into management. (AE1 > AE2 > ???) Some have spent years in the same role. If management is your thing you can easily leverage decent sales performance to hurdle into a a management role.

The internal promotion and recognition gets out of hand sometimes. People get caught doing things not because it's what's best but because of wanting to be on some committee or recognition board. Focus on results and move on.

2. Customer service

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Sprint is a good company to work for

Cons

They should of never partnered with xerox

3. Great learning experience. Fun atmosphere

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist II in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist II in Englewood, CO

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from home. I learned a lot during my time there and it has set me apart at my current sales position

Cons

No motivation. Nowhere to go from your current position. Felt like i had accomplished everything i could.

5. Great benefits and a lot of opportunities to learn.

Former Employee - Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good comparative compensation. Family friendly. Eco-sensitive. Ethical. Encourages alternate points of view.

Cons

Highly functionalized environment. Can be difficult to get collaboration.

Avoid temptation to manage quarter by quarter.

6. Not the best

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Excellent benefits best managers cool people

Cons

They write you up quickly

7. Great opportunity

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

The pros include FREE cellular service, great benefits, 401k matched up to 6% and for the ones who know how important this is...100% vested the first day.

Cons

None that I can think of. The company is staying competitive with the other major companies. Continue to work on the networks and all will be great.

Keep up the good work!

8. Great company

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Oceanside, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time

Pros

Management is great, they would guide you to the right direction, money money money.

Cons

Lead reps think that they are managers and try to make you look bad

verify all transactions and discount given to customers there are a lot of discrepancies

9. Wonderful company, spectacular people.

Current Employee - Technical Program/Project Manager III in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Program/Project Manager III in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, mobile workforce option. I have been in the telecom industry for almost thirty years, and in IT for over twenty. I have never worked anywhere with smarter, more dedicated people. The company does so many things right that you never hear about. We are extremely green, eco conscious, contributors in the community. Everyone wants the company to succeed and works hard to do their part.

Cons

New ownership. New CEO. Shaky position in the marketplace. Most recent layoffs cut close to the bone in some areas, increasing workload on already stressed workers. Uncertain of future success with new management.

Continue to view and treat employees as vital partners in the success of the company. Train, train, train. We want the company to thrive. Make sure we have the tools necessary to make that happen.

10. Good Place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Sprint for 10+ years and it has been great. I started as a sales rep and worked my way up to store manager. It has always been changing and exciting.

Cons

None to mention. I would not be here for over 10 years if I didnt like my job.

Leadership from top to bottom is solid and seem to care about careers of the employees.

11. Would Work Here Again

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Training, Vacation, Work/Life Balance, Enjoyed the Environment!

Cons

Stressful at times, must have good time management skills

Manage your time wisely, train your employees, focus on the big picture!