Sprint

3.2 2,007 reviews

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

(1,334 ratings)

Pros
  • you have free phone service and I enjoyed working with my co-workers(in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in(in 119 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted(in 78 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges(in 26 reviews)

2,007 Employee Reviews

An outstanding 17 year experience.

Director Corp Center (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsAbility to work in different areas. Like working for multiple companies without having to change companies.

ConsWhen they did away with the pension, they started feeling like any other company. After the merger with Nextel, Sprint started losing what made it such a great place to work (it's swagger). Through all my years there we focused on the network, then the from 2004/5 to 2007 the shift went to focusing on minutes for PCS. The sales teams no longer had to know as much about the network as they did Apps, and cellular devices. Think about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about it, Sprint enterprise teams were focusing on selling other companies products and applications in order to sell more minutes.

At the time, Sprint was in restructuring mode

Group Manager (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGood, honest, hard-working colleagues in KC corporate offices; Fortune 500 type budgets, salaries, vacation and other benefits; KC was a nice area to live, especially for families.

ConsAt the time, many of the corporate support functions seemed to have redundant positions across and within business units. This made for some teamwork frustrations. This may have been mitigated in subsequent restructurings.

Great job

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsYou meet many people from every walk of life. If you like to help and make others smile this is a great place to work Nd find a sense of reward.

ConsThe schedules do get in the way of enjoying a weekend it.. makes you wish u work a nine to.five

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what u doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It showed be a lot of wireless offerings to provide to customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of partner companies to work with to sell solutions

ConsNetwork, lack of devices at times to show and sell

Fairly good place to work

Workforce Management Representative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPays better than most for the type of work they do. Has decent benefits. Great employee discounts.

ConsGo back to better benefits not just decent.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening to your employees, they may not have all the answers but it may spark a great idea for implementing a new policy, product, etc.

Amazing

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) South Euclid, OH

ProsGreat atmosphere competitive pay flexible hours
    Great staff and satisfaction you get to help people

ConsNone great place to wrk interview process could be smoother but none the less great place to wrk for

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage raises for advancement in company

Good Company

ProsMoney is nice for entry level sales
    Can move up easily at the store level
    Great Tech

ConsCommissions are lacking compared to others in the industry.
    Not a lot of stores or Business positions nationwide.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen more store.
    Continue to fix the network.
    Make commissions higher

Could have been a lot better

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsFlexibility of hours
    Free products
    Constant learning of new devices
    Access to devices before release
    Rewards
    Connections

ConsLittle room for raises. Useless 8am calls for managers. Micromanagement for upper level. Quotas to hit with products that simply don sell because Sprint lacks quality of service..

Advice to Senior Managementjust quit please

Challenge

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsCan get promoted faster than other companies and you can make good money with your high school diploma , also good benifits

ConsTrying to raise sales while dealing with lots of customer complaints and system issues

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to motivate their sales people instead putting them down

Great Company to work for

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsStrong focus on work life balance

ConsThe company does not promote from within...no opportunity to grow

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!