Sprint Reviews

2,306 Reviews
3.2
2,306 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 149 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 97 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Was there 15 years

I worked at Sprint full-time

Pros

Good people on Colorado

Cons

Remember if you plan to work in a call center expect to take calls

Fast paced tech-support environment focused on customer satisfaction and issue resolution.

Former Employee - Teir II Techsupport Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Teir II Techsupport Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good environment and advancement opportunities for hard workers.
    Salary is fair and the benefits package was very good for the job level.
    The training is also very thorough for each level of support and each team has weekly training to sessions.

Cons

Time constraints to solve customer issues can make for a very stress full atmosphere at times.

Focus less on call handle times and more on issues resolved.

Wonderful, Open, and Inclusive

Former Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has a great positive outlook on itself, its employees and its customers. Benefits are pretty decent as is the phone service discount. Very well done on the requested time off and attendance policies. Company gives plenty of attendance leeway before termination. Good staff, great atmosphere and comfortable settings.

Cons

Ongoing changes due to Softbank purchase and the ongoing layoffs throughout the year. Some management staff may not be fully trained in techniques or duties that they are overseeing you in. Also, retention offers and attempts are somewhat inconsistent and may need some improvement.

Keep doing what you do and remain a positive force for your teams. They sure do notice and appreciate when you stay positive despite any problems.

Love my job

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ton of room for growth

Cons

Long term culture change is difficult

Would like to see rep-level compensation become more inline with our competitors in order to keep our best sales people from looking at other opportunities.

Great job!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No phone Bill. Great pay. A lot of hours. I love working with people so if you do great :)

Cons

Sometimes they schedule weird hours but not too much of a problem. There's rude customers of course but you have too know how to talk to them.

If my job hadn't ended, I'd gladly still be with Sprint.

Former Employee - Sales Support in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Portland, OR

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The technology industry pays every well. Sprint had no advantage with country-wide increase cost in health benefits. They have company match with 401K and annual performance incentives tied to the entire region as well as personal incentive opportunities. Company communication is frequent and fairly open (as far as I know, as an individual contributor). There are lots of opportunities for industry and professional training.

Cons

The telecommunications industry is fast-paced and ever-changing with advances in technology. Sprint generally has a couple layoffs a year. It was a miracle I lasted for almost 20 years.

The Directors have an annual measurement/evaluation of management's career pathing with direct contributors to keep the company competitive and hold onto the tenured employees with the intelligence. In my opinion, the expected mentorship doesn't happen as it should.

If you are looking for a position that really gives you the ability to move up, this is definately it!

Former Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training is very in-depth with all the different systems that they use to make your job a lot easier. You are constantly trained on the latest cell phone technology. You have a lot of benefits including PTO, free cell phone service, great insurance, and discounts on accessories. Even with a big corporation like Sprint they try as hard as possible to do the most for their customers. Yes, I know sometimes they can't.

Cons

High quotas. Really not an issue if you know how to sell. No set schedule usually. Most likely get transferred to different stores.

FUN AND COOL PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Supervisor in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

fun environment and great place to work learned about the company advancement fun activities for family leadership very open and honest about company status. the teams i had the pleasure to be on made my job easier and very fun and being top performer

Cons

shifts have a lot of odd hours if you have small children sometimes goals for bonus was hard to reach you just have to be persistant it can be done time off policy is not bad and pto is great

leadership is great assist you to advance in the company

Incredible Experience!

Current Employee - Human Resources Delivery Specialist II
    Current Employee - Human Resources Delivery Specialist II

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of paid vacation, benefits are fantastic, fast-paced environment, and every manager I have had has been supportive, thoughtful, and actually LISTENS and TALKS ME THROUGH anything I need! There are also a lot of opportunities for improvement and advancement. This is especially true if you are in the Kansas City area or willing to move.

Cons

There is a lot of PTO time available, but it can be difficult to find an opportunity to take time off. My manager is personally wonderful about this and encourages us to take the time off, but not all of them are.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good pay for fairly easy work. Company constantly recognizes those who do well with many benefits and bonuses. Sprint service is very easy to sell.

Cons

At times, can be a very stressful work environment, especially during the holidays when trying to meet those sales goals. What jobs don't have some sort of stress anyway?

Every manager I worked with in every store I worked in NY was laid back, easy going. Felt very comfortable receiving constructive criticism from them especially when I needed it and didn't think I did. Though, they were managers when they needed to be, made sure people didn't get complacent. These managers helped me become a great sales man and very successful overall in sales. Keep this up!