Sprint Reviews

2,260 Reviews
3.2
2,260 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 144 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 90 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

If my job hadn't ended, I'd gladly still be with Sprint.

Former Employee - Sales Support in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Portland, OR

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The technology industry pays every well. Sprint had no advantage with country-wide increase cost in health benefits. They have company match with 401K and annual performance incentives tied to the entire region as well as personal incentive opportunities. Company communication is frequent and fairly open (as far as I know, as an individual contributor). There are lots of opportunities for industry and professional training.

Cons

The telecommunications industry is fast-paced and ever-changing with advances in technology. Sprint generally has a couple layoffs a year. It was a miracle I lasted for almost 20 years.

The Directors have an annual measurement/evaluation of management's career pathing with direct contributors to keep the company competitive and hold onto the tenured employees with the intelligence. In my opinion, the expected mentorship doesn't happen as it should.

If you are looking for a position that really gives you the ability to move up, this is definately it!

Former Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training is very in-depth with all the different systems that they use to make your job a lot easier. You are constantly trained on the latest cell phone technology. You have a lot of benefits including PTO, free cell phone service, great insurance, and discounts on accessories. Even with a big corporation like Sprint they try as hard as possible to do the most for their customers. Yes, I know sometimes they can't.

Cons

High quotas. Really not an issue if you know how to sell. No set schedule usually. Most likely get transferred to different stores.

FUN AND COOL PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Supervisor in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

fun environment and great place to work learned about the company advancement fun activities for family leadership very open and honest about company status. the teams i had the pleasure to be on made my job easier and very fun and being top performer

Cons

shifts have a lot of odd hours if you have small children sometimes goals for bonus was hard to reach you just have to be persistant it can be done time off policy is not bad and pto is great

leadership is great assist you to advance in the company

Incredible Experience!

Current Employee - Human Resources Delivery Specialist II
    Current Employee - Human Resources Delivery Specialist II

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of paid vacation, benefits are fantastic, fast-paced environment, and every manager I have had has been supportive, thoughtful, and actually LISTENS and TALKS ME THROUGH anything I need! There are also a lot of opportunities for improvement and advancement. This is especially true if you are in the Kansas City area or willing to move.

Cons

There is a lot of PTO time available, but it can be difficult to find an opportunity to take time off. My manager is personally wonderful about this and encourages us to take the time off, but not all of them are.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good pay for fairly easy work. Company constantly recognizes those who do well with many benefits and bonuses. Sprint service is very easy to sell.

Cons

At times, can be a very stressful work environment, especially during the holidays when trying to meet those sales goals. What jobs don't have some sort of stress anyway?

Every manager I worked with in every store I worked in NY was laid back, easy going. Felt very comfortable receiving constructive criticism from them especially when I needed it and didn't think I did. Though, they were managers when they needed to be, made sure people didn't get complacent. These managers helped me become a great sales man and very successful overall in sales. Keep this up!

Outstanding company although it is shentel no t sprint

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work life balance , a lot of outside events

Cons

Drama and at time favouritism

Great Experience.

Former Employee - Retail Consultant in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Consultant in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, Benefits, general work environment. This company does a great job at consistently pushing you to do better. When you do well, you get recognized, and in many cases, rewarded. Rewards include free phones(High end ones), free food, sometimes even paid trips if you do really well all year round. All in all when you make the effort and take constructive criticism with stride, its a very rewarding position.

Cons

The hours and stress that comes with sales goals and quotas. At times, especially during the holiday season, it gets very stressful to try and hit your goals. Especially when(depending on your management) managers are pressuring you to do better if you're behind. Though, it's better to take this as a positive stress, as a challenge to yourself. It is very satisfying when you make your numbers after a stressful month and get that nice check. It is also very nice that you get recognized.

I'm very glad Dan Hesse was replaced. I feel his decisions were putting Sprint in a big hole.

Sprint, its a new day . . . finally!

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great. There are plenty of good opportunities to move up. Softbank ownership seems to finally be driving change. It took a year but most employees are glad to finally see changes. Compensation and benefits are decent and there is a lot of interest taken by management to ensure competitive pay. Bi-annual employee surveys are taken seriously. Overall, Sprint is a very good company to work for and getting better by the day.

Cons

Still to much analysis paralysis coming out of headquarter. Does seem our new CEO and ownership are making changes. Hopefully continued improvements will occur here. Work force always under the cloud of fear from workforce reduction.

Continue to listen and communicate. Recent shift to drive needed change quickly is working. Employee morale is much improved and customer satisfaction continues to rise. Just don't slip back to the old ways and we will be good.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not as harsh as other carriers, while hitting your numbers is very important they are still reasonable.
    good work/life balance
    good pay

Cons

I wish there was more lower level employee involvement after all we are the ones dealing with customers day to day so we have the best suggestions so things run smoother.

Get more people engaged

Worked at Sprint for 13 years in the IT department working my way through the technical field. IT related.

Current Employee - Senior Executive Services IT in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Services IT in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Terrific benefits! 3.5 weeks vacation right away- 4.5 after 2 years- 5 after 10 years- 6 after 20 years. 401k match is great and with salary positions the bonuses are great! Good life/work balance. New CEO is easy to work.

Cons

Worried about layoffs since this is a #3 carrier-- seem to have rounds come through 1-2 times a year. However, Sprint offers a great program for voluntary separation and gives you great benefits (severance) whether you volunteer or actually get laid off. They work hard to rehire/position. Layoffs are really a concern for any large company these days-- I imagine they sweep through other companies just as often regardless of how well the company is doing. Fewer people = more work / better profits I guess.

Never had any problems getting time off as needed. Salary increases (at least in my dept) are not really great. Not keeping up with cost of living. Seems to be the norm in other companies these days. Promotions are not handed to anybody-- you have to apply for them with the in-house job site. Lots of opportunities! However-- they merged payscales not too long ago what used to be what we called the 71, 72, 73 - 79. Each had a certain salary range (low-mid-high) They literally took 71-73 made that a 003. Then took 74-79 and made it a 004. Which means if any of those option positions used to pay a 79 and you're technically brought in as a 75... you do not get a raise. Most jobs are lateral unless you move into management (then the payscales are much much different)