Sprint

2,370 Reviews
3.2
2,370 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 149 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 97 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, great people.

Current Employee - HRD Specialist in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - HRD Specialist in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment. Cutting edge technology. Fun and exciting people throughout the company.

Cons

As layoffs continue the ability to move up is significantly hampered.

Keep fighting the good fight.

It is a good place to work; disorganized at times and once again undergoing reorganization at this time November 2014

Current Employee - Wireless Engineer (LTE) in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Wireless Engineer (LTE) in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging work, time-off polices and a posibility of tele-commuting in some positions. Cutting edge engineering assignments, and lots of talented people to work with. THE BIG PLUS is people are friendly here. See caveat below. Cutting edge engineering assignments, and lots of talented people to work with.
    On the PLUS side is people are friendly here (see the caveat in cons).

An inclusive environment!

Cons

An inclusive environment - as long as you are not a conservative.

Figuratively speaking the Reorganization is an annual event (this time we had 2 in 11 months).

1. Bust the Silos. 2. Encourage cross functional teams. 3. Stop being afraid to make decisions or improve the network just to make it work better for the customer. 4. Too many good ideas get squashed or delayed . 5. Stop being afraid to spend money when it will improve the network's performance.

Competitive environment - Call Center

Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Elmsford, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Elmsford, NY

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competative environment
    Above average benefits
    Above average pay
    Ability to almost double annual salary with metric driven incentives (3k/month possible)

Cons

every second of your day is recorded or monitored by management
    strict and confusing "point" system for time and attendance
    Company beliefs. --- you know how hard it is to tell a customer that you are a top tier CSR and in the same statement tell them that you are unable to simply activate a phone? forcing customer to go to store. not good strategy.

there was a reason that they were given customer service awards in the past recent years, don't expect any awards now. when the customers call fort help half the time I have to tell them that I can't help them and that they need to go to a store.

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free wireless service, competitive pay.

Cons

Long retail work hours and policies and plans change frequently.

Stop changing policies so often.

Design Engineer III

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you like to get lost in the shuffle and live in your isolated silo this is the place for you! I've been with the company for less than 2 years and was part of an acquisition, so i think it was just timing. The company is at a very difficult moment and massive structural changes are happening, and in all honestly, i think the new CEO (with Softbanks leadership) is making the right decisions for the company. This will not benefit employees anytime soon, but 3 to 5 years the company could be healthy again, or bankrupt. I'm not betting either way.

Cons

Culture, politics, and employee appreciation.

two points:

1) a technology company (telecom is technology) without internal engineers (knowledge & skills) is destine to fail.
    2) line up incentives from the bottom to the top ... stock options across the board. Create a common goal.

Regional Account Manager

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Due to being in a virtual office for half of my tenure, it was a good work-life balance, management let you do your job

Cons

When management had a low understanding of just how much daily minutia you had to accomplish, when most of your day was battling customer churn due to a network with the poorest metrics in the nation....it made it difficult to sell and difficult to manage. Management did not care whether it was good or bad bsiness as long as it fulfillled their CRM metrics they were being held to

Stop checking boxes, watching your CRM, be truly in market, listen to what the feet on the ground are saying

26 Years with Sprint

Former Employee - Analyst II in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Analyst II in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to learn many business units over the years. Training available and education reimbursement to grow your career. Paid Time off is good. Pay is acceptable.

Cons

Management was more concerned about keeping their own jobs vs. managing their teams for success. Upper management is more concerned with who is schmoozing who and those that work hard and don't socialize all day are considered outcasts and non team members even if you participate in team activities. The work from home program is viewed as non-productive in some groups. Even though statistics prove work from home programs prove very effective over and over. Not compensated for hard work or a job well done. If your group saves the company $36 million dollars off the budget, that is not shared with the entire team that produced the savings. Promotions are not common unless you are considered to be one of the chosen ones.

The best advice I can give to the new CEO is the Network must be improved to gain market share or long time customers will continue to leave. Management needs a major overhaul! People need to be held accountable for objectives met or not met. Merit increases should be based on results, not a chart that states you are at 85% of a mid range salary. Recognition and promotions should be related to objectives met. Morale needs an overhaul as well. Since the numerous layoffs the team environment is non-existent. Keep your tribal knowledge. They know the business best and have a vested interest in making the Sprint brand succeed. Being a stake holder, it's important the company is successful.

The job was fun. Great team and work environment. I had a good time working here.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, 401k, benefits, training, discounts on phone service good atmosphere. I was a former employee and hope to get employed with the company again.

Cons

Co workers were burnt out and negative. Sometimes goals were far fetched. I would get complaints from customers that I had no control over. They should give their employees more a bit more power I mean we are the face of the company. Sometimes when I would try to activate phones the wifi in the store wouldn't allow me to. Something I didn't have the necessary tools to be successful in the job.

Good place to work overall; beautiful campus/facilities.

Current Employee - Vendor Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Vendor Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flex Schedules; Some work from Home Weekly (average 2 days/wk in IT roles); good home/life balance

Cons

Growth potential of business in very competitive market.

Too much red tape

Former Employee - Product Manager in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Warren, NJ

I worked at Sprint full-time

Pros

Treated well, but not a lot of growth

Cons

Hard to get anything done
    limited growth outside of KC