Sprint Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • Free phone service for one device (in 169 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 153 reviews)

Cons
  • Inconsistent direction from upper management (in 102 reviews)

• Terrible work-life balance if working in a retail store (in 39 reviews)

3,567 Employee Reviews

1. Their site keeps crashing!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sprint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seems like a good company to work for.

Cons

I have now tried 3 times to apply for a job there but every time I get almost to the end of their application process, the site crashes.

Advice to Management

Get your tech support in order!

2. A solid job

Pros

free phone service for employees and discounted service for fam and friends

Cons

schedules can vary for new employees

3. Retail sales

Former Employee - Sales in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Sprint (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot about the phone industry. If you can sell you can make a decent lining here. Great benefits, stock options. Free employee phone and discounted employee family phone plans

Cons

Store manager had no clue how to sell. He got on with sprint starting out in management with subpar customer service experience. Hourly pay could be much better since the competition pays much better. Constantly changing comp structures in order to make it harder on sale to make money. Unrealistic customer service expectations and grading system which you are held accountable for and get paid on. If a customer loves your service as an employee, but hates the company. You get punished for it. Same applies at the competition though. Sprint has a "circling the drain" process if you do not make goal. They will right you up for not hitting it for one month, and make it harder and harder to get out of the write up. For example, if you miss your quota and only make 85% or it, which as a sale person, you should be hitting it anyways to make money. They will put you in a plan to where you have to hit it for over 3 months, if you miss, you're on a final which you have to hit for 6 months, and if missed, you're gone. Management pays no attention to employee issues, they act like they don't care. My manager childishly rejected a vacation request input in for months in advance, so that another employee who requested it much later could take off, since they where good friends. It was only through me getting in his face and letting him know I wasn't happy, that he changed it.

Advice to Management

Hire leaders that know how to sell. Stop hire leaders and promoting them, when they clearly don't know what they are doing. Management is very clicky here. Pay better, Att and others pay much better, sprint is actually the lowest paying of all wireless carriers.

5. Retail Store Manager

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are a high performer, you have a great opportunity to make great commission checks.

Cons

It is very hard to move up within the company.

6. Not completely without perks

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are probably the best part of the job. So is my manager. Without them, I wouldn't have kept working there this long.

Cons

There are a lot of problems at the company. A vast majority of them are self-inflicted. I'm not going to go through and list all of them but know that there's not a lot of room for growth for anyone. There are attempts at reform within the company but I don't feel like it's going to go anywhere positive. Marcello is fighting against an entrenched management who are comprised of corporate survivors. This alone does not bode well for his efforts.

Advice to Management

Leave the company. Let others come in and create the change needed for Sprint to survive.

7. Real Estate Manager

Current Employee - Real Estate Manager
    Current Employee - Real Estate Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work remote, flexible hours, business casual.

Cons

Layoffs, insurance quality, unstable future

8. Tech Support and Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Technical and Retail Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical and Retail Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sprint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had Sprint as my cell provider for over 10 years and have been impressed with the direction they have gone. I work with a group of great guys that are both professional and very efficient. Management has been a pleasure to work with to date.

Cons

Pay rate is lower than what I am used to getting. We do get compensated with commission once a month which helps.

Advice to Management

We used to have to attend a meeting every Saturday that was at a location roughly 15-20 miles away. They have since stopped these when the District Manager was moved into a different position

9. Sprint won't be "Sprint" in 5-10 years

Current Employee - Human Factors Engineer in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Human Factors Engineer in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The salaries and benefits are strong, albeit stagnant, and Kansas City is an extremely underrated city to live in; especially the Kansas side.

Cons

When people talk about a company empowering them to make a difference, they aren't talking about Sprint, which does the opposite. You never feel as though your decisions (when you're allowed to even have them) are affecting anything within the company or with its subscribers. Sprint is also currently deluding itself collectively as to its place in the telecom world, which isn't doing anything to help its recovery.

Advice to Management

Be honest with yourselves about all the things wrong with Sprint and what got you to #4 out of the wireless carriers. Better yet, listen to your employees who know what's wrong, and actually take actions they suggest to right the ship instead of sticking your heads in the sand.

10. Great place to work?

Current Employee - Finance Org in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Finance Org in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, empowered to make decisions and no micro- management.

Cons

Stressful due to so many layoffs. Upper management making these decisions without realizing impact to the rest of the business. Contractors making decisions that waste a LOT of money on projects! (not visible to upper execs)

Advice to Management

We have enough Chief officers! Focus on the individual contributors.

11. Life at Sprint

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Sherman, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Sherman, TX

I have been working at Sprint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and bonus structure, good advancement opportunities, awesome benefits including health care and free phone service. Employees are usually good to work with and a lot of friendly competition.

Cons

Upper management lacks direction sometimes, seems to be a high turn over rate in my store. Also the service is not everywhere so when I leave my covered area I am not covered. Lots of work little balance. Retail schedule.

Advice to Management

Management should be more proactive and engaging. By being engaged with your employees and sales force you are constantly pushing them to exceed goals and excel in over all performance on the job.

Showing 3,567 of 3,621 reviews