Sprint Reviews

2,196 Reviews
3.2
2,196 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 138 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 87 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Mixed Reviews

Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist  in  Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Maitland, FL

I worked at Sprint full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers and some management, benefits were ok.

Cons

Training staff - need more training themselves. They were so pressed for time, they would make people clock out and return to finish training "off the clock". I had even been asked to use my personal cell phone for business related work, due to the fact that once you are signed out of the phone system you cannot place calls.

Learn better time-management, get better trainers, and evaluate their productivity.

Good professional job in KC area

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Depending on the team you'll be surrounded by people who want to do great things and are willing to learn and change to get there.

Cons

Confusing internal culture that varies greatly between teams and departments. Conflicting success metrics can mean frustrating interaction with other groups.

Look to your digitally-connected and always on marketing teams for both strategy and culture to be competitive in the new telecom arena. You'll find speed, innovation, relevance and drive.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Analyst IV  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst IV in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work Life balance, nice friendly culture in the team

Cons

Company needs to do better in the market to retain talent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, poor management.

Former Employee - Project Manager II
    Former Employee - Project Manager II

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great teams, depending on the Manager / Director you had. Great benefits. Really good development in my early years, even with online access to training, less time for face to face development.

Cons

Work life balance not there - multiple hours to complete work and with fewer and fewer peers, more work to be completed, as lay offs continue.

Retention Specialist

Former Employee - Retention Specialist  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

It had evening hours and flexible schedules

Cons

You were hooked up to a system that wouldn't allow you any time in between calls

Have IT add a 5 second pause at least in case someone needs to step away from their area

Good

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Sprint for more than a year

Pros

Pay is really good and nice

Cons

None except I want longer breaks

Great Experience.

Former Employee - Retail Consultant  in  Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Consultant in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, Benefits, general work environment. This company does a great job at consistently pushing you to do better. When you do well, you get recognized, and in many cases, rewarded. Rewards include free phones(High end ones), free food, sometimes even paid trips if you do really well all year round. All in all when you make the effort and take constructive criticism with stride, its a very rewarding position.

Cons

The hours and stress that comes with sales goals and quotas. At times, especially during the holiday season, it gets very stressful to try and hit your goals. Especially when(depending on your management) managers are pressuring you to do better if you're behind. Though, it's better to take this as a positive stress, as a challenge to yourself. It is very satisfying when you make your numbers after a stressful month and get that nice check. It is also very nice that you get recognized.

I'm very glad Dan Hesse was replaced. I feel his decisions were putting Sprint in a big hole.

Good benefit but company is struggling with growth making job security low

Current Employee - Manager Applications Development  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Manager Applications Development in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sprint has great benefits and pays market competitive salaries. New CEO Marcelo Claure has brought in lots of new energy and is making lots of positive changes both in marketing strategy and in company culture. Sprint is part of Softbank and it is moving to a winning culture under the influence of Softbank and the new CEO.

Cons

Sprint currently is still struggling with growth in the highly competitive telecom market. As it is going through transformation under the new management, cost cutting it is underway making many jobs at risk to be cut. This leads to lower sense in job security.

Very clique-like environment, consistently brought employees down about personalities, and physical appearance.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Liberty, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Liberty, MO

I worked at Sprint full-time

Pros

Learned aspects of sales that I hadn't encountered before.

Cons

Lack organization, positive reinforcement, and unprofessional workplace conversation and behavior.

Appreciate what all employees bring to the table. For instance if a sales rep is doing their job well with no problems then don't tear them down emotionally.

Used

Current Employee - Keyholder/Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Keyholder/Sales Representative

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hourly pay is good. Some good co-workers

Cons

Commission structure is poor now. Sprint seems to no longer care of their employees. Unrealistic quotas even low traffic stores. Too many to list now. Only way to be promoted within the company is be a perfect sales rep. In ALL metrics.

Care for your employees. We are who make you. This is not really meant towards store managers even though they should be on the floor. But up the ranks.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!