Sprint Reviews

2,284 Reviews
3.2
2,284 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 148 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 91 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nice comp plan and pay is good. 45,000 if you are good. relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Retail hours. But who like those hours. I have a family and it is becoming difficult.

Continue to promote from within and increase base and hourly with your best employees

Great Experience.

Former Employee - Retail Consultant in Yonkers, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Consultant in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, Benefits, general work environment. This company does a great job at consistently pushing you to do better. When you do well, you get recognized, and in many cases, rewarded. Rewards include free phones(High end ones), free food, sometimes even paid trips if you do really well all year round. All in all when you make the effort and take constructive criticism with stride, its a very rewarding position.

Cons

The hours and stress that comes with sales goals and quotas. At times, especially during the holiday season, it gets very stressful to try and hit your goals. Especially when(depending on your management) managers are pressuring you to do better if you're behind. Though, it's better to take this as a positive stress, as a challenge to yourself. It is very satisfying when you make your numbers after a stressful month and get that nice check. It is also very nice that you get recognized.

I'm very glad Dan Hesse was replaced. I feel his decisions were putting Sprint in a big hole.

Demanding but rewarding customer service opportunity for committed salesmen

Current Employee - Retail Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No cell phone bill. Great benefits, flexible schedules, decent leadership at local level

Cons

The demand that you squeeze every dollar possible out of your customers will hurt any type of customer service trust relationship you have with you customers.
    Literally money is the only thing that matters to Sprint these days.

Don let your desperation to improve the company blind you to what customers actually want from their cell phone provider.

Working at Sprint

Former Employee - Human Factors Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Human Factors Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I loved every minute of working at Sprint! The projects were exciting and the working relationships were solid.

Cons

The only con for me was cutting the budget for the UX department.

FUN AND COOL PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Supervisor in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

fun environment and great place to work learned about the company advancement fun activities for family leadership very open and honest about company status. the teams i had the pleasure to be on made my job easier and very fun and being top performer

Cons

shifts have a lot of odd hours if you have small children sometimes goals for bonus was hard to reach you just have to be persistant it can be done time off policy is not bad and pto is great

leadership is great assist you to advance in the company

If you are looking for a position that really gives you the ability to move up, this is definately it!

Former Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training is very in-depth with all the different systems that they use to make your job a lot easier. You are constantly trained on the latest cell phone technology. You have a lot of benefits including PTO, free cell phone service, great insurance, and discounts on accessories. Even with a big corporation like Sprint they try as hard as possible to do the most for their customers. Yes, I know sometimes they can't.

Cons

High quotas. Really not an issue if you know how to sell. No set schedule usually. Most likely get transferred to different stores.

Nice place to work. good work/life balance.

Current Employee - RF Engineer III in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - RF Engineer III in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Has decent benefits and salary. good work/life balance.

Cons

some layoff is on going. still in transitioning situation.

Great company to work for if you live in Kansas City

Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits; work flexibility; good management from former Nextel staff

Cons

Management positions were being staffed in Kansas City

Look at talent globally, not locally.

Working as an SE at Sprint, was typical to other competitors overall but in some ways, vastly different in others

Current Employee - Senior SE in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior SE in New York, NY

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

depending on whom you had for a boss your 'life' could be very different as the so called standards weren't always enforced so the NY office could be much diff then say the FL office. There was lots of freedom pre-softbank, and I think that was the biggest benefit

Cons

definitely paid on the lower end of the salary scale, little to NO room for any salary increase nor promotions n the restructing re soft bank make it not so fun

make the sales and engineering (se) organizations completely separate and make the pre sale unit just that, bring back full wireline and wireless revamp the M2M group.

Great Rewards vs. Challenge Ratio

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to succeed if you are willing to put the effort in to improve your skills. My management team was very willing to help me overcome any deficiencies and quick to praise my successes. Good work life balance. Overtime was available on a volunteer basis only(no forcing). Good PTO accrual.

Cons

Too many obsolete system tools and some that just did not work. Management personnel were not always on the same page when analyzing account issues.

Need to to give more empowerments to the account reps.