Sprint Reviews

2,190 Reviews
3.2
2,190 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 138 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 87 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Very tough but if you work hard, you can definitely move up

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant  in  Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like my store and the team I've helped set up. I like the same amount of employees because it helps build chemistry with who you work with as well.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are demanding, especially Friday meetings and sales boot camps.

I love working for my store manager.

Good experience working for the company

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Good spiffs for sales competitions

Cons

Poor network store computer programs

Supervisor

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Good work life balance for most employees to help keep them happy. This was not always the case but a good change

Cons

Management not always concerned on behavior based coaching. Just wanted numbers to be met so they looked good, not worrying about long term solutions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

dissarisfied eperience

I worked at Sprint

Pros

comission, good hours, love people, cell phones

Cons

perks, social status, leadership, busniess

Great people and a great place to work if you don't mind constant change

Current Employee - Director  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Director in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people doing challenging work. The pay is good and benefits are also decent. The wireless industry is constantly changing which means you never get board and are always learning new things.

Cons

Losing many good people due to layoffs and the process for deselection doesn't take into account loss of critical and important knowledge. Those left behind are being asked to do more with less. High stress with few opportunities for future advancement make it a challenge.

Competing on price may be fine for awhile but eventually need a game changing product or service.

Fantastic Benefits

Current Employee - Business Account Support  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Business Account Support in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sprint offers free phone service for employees as well as generous discounts for friends and family accounts. After 6 months of employment you are eligible to work from home 3 out of 5 days a week. The dress code is business casual and the office environment relaxed.

Cons

Low Pay rates, recent changes to job requirements making the job more structured creating multiple opportunities for micromanagement. Recent revenue loss has resulted in many reductions in staff and back office support teams making it difficult to manage daily workload and pay raises have been infrequent and not comparable to industry standard

Nextel used to spare no expense when it came to their employees, and while money may be tight due to the network upgrades- company sponsored events like Launch parties, holiday celebrations and company logo'd SWAG give-a-ways should not be ommited

Worked at Sprint for 13 years in the IT department working my way through the technical field. IT related.

Current Employee - Senior Executive Services IT  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Services IT in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Terrific benefits! 3.5 weeks vacation right away- 4.5 after 2 years- 5 after 10 years- 6 after 20 years. 401k match is great and with salary positions the bonuses are great! Good life/work balance. New CEO is easy to work.

Cons

Worried about layoffs since this is a #3 carrier-- seem to have rounds come through 1-2 times a year. However, Sprint offers a great program for voluntary separation and gives you great benefits (severance) whether you volunteer or actually get laid off. They work hard to rehire/position. Layoffs are really a concern for any large company these days-- I imagine they sweep through other companies just as often regardless of how well the company is doing. Fewer people = more work / better profits I guess.

Never had any problems getting time off as needed. Salary increases (at least in my dept) are not really great. Not keeping up with cost of living. Seems to be the norm in other companies these days. Promotions are not handed to anybody-- you have to apply for them with the in-house job site. Lots of opportunities! However-- they merged payscales not too long ago what used to be what we called the 71, 72, 73 - 79. Each had a certain salary range (low-mid-high) They literally took 71-73 made that a 003. Then took 74-79 and made it a 004. Which means if any of those option positions used to pay a 79 and you're technically brought in as a 75... you do not get a raise. Most jobs are lateral unless you move into management (then the payscales are much much different)

My experience with Sprint has been nothing but amazing.

Former Employee - Tech Support Supervisor  in  Nutter Fort, WV
    Former Employee - Tech Support Supervisor in Nutter Fort, WV

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I enjoyed working with Sprint because I was given several opportunities to travel internationally and assist with opening several vendor sites.

Cons

My main challenge was meeting the monthly metric goals set by Sprint. My last 2 years with Sprint I not only met, but exceeded the every metric goal that was to be met.

I would like to share with upper management of how I am one who is very competitive and always welcome new challenges.

Great but tough to move up

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay, time off, but great place to work

Cons

promotions they will have you fill as acting roles but not make the positions available

make promotions available instead of having somebody do an "acting" positions.

Lead Retail Consultant

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

Great benefits medical, demtal, vision, 401K, Life, and your phone bill is free with the exception of paying insurance on device. Also discount rate for family members.

Cons

Ever changing commission structure, and high quotas.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!