Sprint Reviews

2,164 Reviews
3.2
2,164 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 154 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 81 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Had a great career with Sprint, an ethical company with great people.

Former Employee - National Account Manager
    Former Employee - National Account Manager

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people were great to work with and the company was honest, fair and paid well. Going to work was a pleasure with the team I associated with on a daily basis.

Cons

New leadership caused a change in direction that affected many experienced personnel. I am concerned with the delays in the Network upgrades and the leadership now in place.

Empower those in the field to make decisions.

Great people, but too many initiatives.

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and paid time off.
    "Do more with less" attitude can really support professional and personal growth.
    Prefers to promote from within based upon merit, not tenure.

Cons

"Do more with less" attitude also means you can feel overworked and may not be paid as competitively as other wireless carriers in some instances. Work/life balance may be an issue depending on your position in the company. As with any company, it is only as good as the people that you work with and for.

Complete the network upgrades. Pay your employees competitively or they will leave for better paying opportunities.

Good opportunities for anyone who puts the effort in.

Former Employee - Business Sales
    Former Employee - Business Sales

I worked at Sprint as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The best things are due to being at a big company - you get all of those benefits, like training and other resources. As an intern (or otherwise entry level) the atmosphere can be pretty laid back depending on your manager, but there is definite room for advancement.

Cons

Priorities can change often but that's nearly any business. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary in the culture. Sometimes it is hard to get to know people.

Keep doing what you're doing, but definitely focus on whatever it takes to get the brand more well liked than it is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

interacting with small business accounts

Cons

the changing of comp structure

Nice people; uncertain future.

I have been working at Sprint for less than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance (though some of the sales people probably didn't think so). Great opportunity to work remotely in many cases to save on commute time. Super nice people.

Cons

Everything is in transition, or at least it was a few months ago. There was a general atmosphere of uncertainty. Whole teams were being dissolved. Maybe it's better now though, with the new leadership and new direction.

Easy to work your way up.

Current Employee - Test Engineer
    Current Employee - Test Engineer

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Sprint does provide opportunities for employees to work their way up the ladder. I've seen test engineers go up to supervisor, then manager over several years. We also have TE1, TE2, TE3 & TE4 job titles.
    Once you hit your 10 year anniversary, you receive another week of vacation, and then again after 20 years. You max out at 6 weeks of vacation at that point. They are open to allowing you to work from home when you need to.

Cons

On the TE 1-4 titles, you see more movement from TE1 to TE2, and not as much from TE2 and up. We also went 3 years with out raises due to the company not performing very well, and of course the layoffs that we try to survive almost annually.

Good place depending on division you are in

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Good work life balance. My division really cared about the individual

Cons

There are too many "upper" management positions that do nothing

Sprint is a good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, work environments are good. Generally there is a good work / life balance. The company was fairly family friendly. Ability to have a long career at Sprint especially in the Federal sector. Good people to work with.

Cons

Culture is in flux with new ownership / management. Tough to work for a company where product isn't valued in the marketplace. Hard to maintain enthusiasm in face of bad sales.

Sprint - A great place to work for me

Current Employee - Project/Program Manager III  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Project/Program Manager III in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Most managers respect work life balance. Benefits overall are good. Pay reasonable. Working remote is accepted practice. Culture allows you to work your job and not be micro managed.

Cons

Sprint is still trying to get back on its feet and in a growth mode. Network issues have not been fully resolved but is making steady progress.

Continue reductions in force are hugely demoralizing. Look at other cost reduction impacts before sending large numbers of employees out the door.

Loved working from home

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive pay, good working conditions

Cons

No compensation for providing own internet, office equipment/supplies

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!