Sprint Reviews

2,250 Reviews
3.2
2,250 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 144 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 90 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Very tough but if you work hard, you can definitely move up

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like my store and the team I've helped set up. I like the same amount of employees because it helps build chemistry with who you work with as well.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are demanding, especially Friday meetings and sales boot camps.

I love working for my store manager.

Business Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very nice culture and very friendly people to work with.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to move up unless you leave and come back. It sometimes has a slave mentality where management will walk the floor to see if employees are talking.

Look into the skills of your current team before you look outside the company to fill a position.

Good hours, too many changes with commissions

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Hours, benefits, days off were good

Cons

Poor management, too many compensation changes

Can be fun but a whole lot of stress but what's there to expect when your at a sales jobs

Current Employee - Sprint Sales Representative in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Sprint Sales Representative in Union City, CA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ok pay it's not a lot but not minimum either. Hours can almost be regular business hours but for the most part an ok time. Commission is where you decide how much you will earn

Cons

Expected to sell on a quota that may not be as fair as you may think. Management not very structured and little coverage with reps

Please have full staff and make sure you keep your best employees happy and satisfied. If not they will leave and without obtaining those with the experience you will be in an endless cycle of training new people

Good professional job in KC area

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on the team you'll be surrounded by people who want to do great things and are willing to learn and change to get there.

Cons

Confusing internal culture that varies greatly between teams and departments. Conflicting success metrics can mean frustrating interaction with other groups.

Look to your digitally-connected and always on marketing teams for both strategy and culture to be competitive in the new telecom arena. You'll find speed, innovation, relevance and drive.

Fast paced, constant change

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In all of my years at Sprint, I found that the people were what made Sprint a great place to work. The vast majority of the folks there were eager to do a good job and find a way to make our projects successful. The reporting and tools available were exceptional.

Cons

The leadership varies by department. Some leaders are very interested in helping their people grow and succeed while others are old fashioned and expect their teams to figure it out on their own. Some were very flexible with work anywhere arrangements while others expected everyone to be in the office M-F no matter what. Training was a thing of the past with all the cost cutting measures. They did offer tuition reimbursement so you could do this on your own time and get some decent compensation from the company.

Be aware of what is actually going on down in the ranks of your department. Don't believe what your directors are saying but reach down to the manager level and below. Everyone is afraid to share the truth about deliverables so they just say what they think you want to hear.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Analyst IV in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst IV in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great work Life balance, nice friendly culture in the team

Cons

Company needs to do better in the market to retain talent.

Good

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Sprint (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is really good and nice

Cons

None except I want longer breaks

Retention Specialist

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It had evening hours and flexible schedules

Cons

You were hooked up to a system that wouldn't allow you any time in between calls

Have IT add a 5 second pause at least in case someone needs to step away from their area

Sprint, its a new day . . . finally!

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great. There are plenty of good opportunities to move up. Softbank ownership seems to finally be driving change. It took a year but most employees are glad to finally see changes. Compensation and benefits are decent and there is a lot of interest taken by management to ensure competitive pay. Bi-annual employee surveys are taken seriously. Overall, Sprint is a very good company to work for and getting better by the day.

Cons

Still to much analysis paralysis coming out of headquarter. Does seem our new CEO and ownership are making changes. Hopefully continued improvements will occur here. Work force always under the cloud of fear from workforce reduction.

Continue to listen and communicate. Recent shift to drive needed change quickly is working. Employee morale is much improved and customer satisfaction continues to rise. Just don't slip back to the old ways and we will be good.