Sprint

Profile Unclaimed

Fast pace environment

Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sprint as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I learned so much in the little time I was there.

Cons

Some workers weren't as helpful as others.

Nothing

Good job, Bad customers

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Ocoee, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Ocoee, FL

I worked at Sprint part-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. The benefits:
    Discounted accessories, free employee line, 401k, part time healthcare, paid time off, rolling vacation days.

2. Fair compensation for part time and full time positions.

3. Great communication with upper management (easy to know who is the point of contact).

4. There is a lot of room for growth within Sprint. Saw many moving up the corporate ladder while working there.

Cons

As a Technical Consultant, we were paid on customer satisfaction. If the customer was unhappy with Sprint and not our work, we got dinged. That being said, the technical side of Sprint soon became a sales side. At the end of my time there, technicians were required to sell a specific quota, all while fixing older phones that may not have available accessories.

The worst part about working for Sprint was customer entitlement. Everyone has a dying mother, an autistic child, etc. that they need to remain in contact with, it seemed. If we were unable to fix the issue with the phone, then we would order another. Even with that being done, they expected a resolution then and there. This was not a company policy nor had it ever been. The entitlement of these customers was almost too much to handle.

Keep allowing for the growth of your employees, and continue to put the employee first. If you continue to that, the work force will pay you back with great customer experiences and labor output.

Getting better - no longer a dump

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New CEO is changing the company culture and aggressively launching sales driven promotions. Pay and perks are very good compared to other carriers.

Cons

Always feels like the company is broke. Last CEO was too heavy on finance and never got aggressive. Also, company is too heavy on reporting and treats employees like they do not trust that employees are doing there job. Very "big brother" micromanaged feeling. Always (always) a fear of being laid off. Every six months more layoffs and business shrinking. HR is a lapdog for upper management. No work/life balance. Directors have too much control and can hide their actions from executive leadership team.

Make middle management more accountable for employee development through collaboration NOT fear of losing job. Back off the constant duplication of efforts and micromanaging employees. Have anonymous skip level meetings to find out what employees think about their directors. I promise it will stun you to find out how they treat your employees and how the employees really feel. Make it the real anonymous - not the way it's done now where you ask which market, which position and how long employed and then you give the responses to the manager of each market. It takes management 2 seconds to figure out which employee said what and there is usually retaliation against that employee... Regardless of what HR says.

I loved every minute of it.

Former Employee - Project Manager II in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager II in Irving, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best part about working for Sprint was the people. You would occasionally run into one real jerk, but most everyone was a pleasure to work with. When I finally got laid off, I was well compensated. I can't say anything bad about Sprint.

Cons

Watching them downsize. No one was immune to being let go.

They will miss the knowledge that was laid off someday soon, when new people make mistakes that would not have been made by a seasoned professional.

Great

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours, pay, coworkers, location, cell phone bill

Cons

Each day brings its on challenges and stress

Always a learning experience!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people were genuinely hard workers and cared about the company, great money to be made in sales, felt like a family.

Cons

Work/life balance was difficult to achieve in the later years.

Appreciate the people who have been loyal for many years. Just because there is new management doesn't mean you need to restructure every time.

Bittersweet

Former Employee - Lead Technical Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Lead Technical Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Plenty of opportunity for a promotion. Can make quite a bit of money if you exceed sales quotas.

Cons

Corporate politics. Some of the managers are unfair. Favoritism and drama are frequent. The commission structure fluctuates throughout the year. Lots of sales pressure. The stores surveys are part of your pay.

Retail Sales Consultant

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Hopkins, MN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Hopkins, MN

I worked at Sprint full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great coworkers, GREAT Management, great environment.

Cons

Eventually you need to clean up messes from other stores. Some other sales people in other stores are not straight forward with customer. Then the customer finds out Hopkins has great service and they will come to get help.

The cleanest and clearest the phone contracts are, the more customers Sprint will get.

Great company

Current Employee - Technology Analyst
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of great people to work with, if you do your job managers just are there to help you. Lots of great opportunities to become an expert in your field. Great work life balance.

Cons

some people find the size of the company challenging because of the red tape. Employees who don't pull their weight can slip by management.

sometimes management can get locked in power struggles, that ultimately don't benefit the company.

Network Business Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn new technologies

Cons

Constant change, upper management seems to be a good old boy's club