Sprint Reviews

3,568 Employee Reviews

1. Retail sales

Former Employee - Sales in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Sprint (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a lot about the phone industry. If you can sell you can make a decent lining here. Great benefits, stock options. Free employee phone and discounted employee family phone plans

Cons

Store manager had no clue how to sell. He got on with sprint starting out in management with subpar customer service experience. Hourly pay could be much better since the competition pays much better. Constantly changing comp structures in order to make it harder on sale to make money. Unrealistic customer service expectations and grading system which you are held accountable for and get paid on. If a customer loves your service as an employee, but hates the company. You get punished for it. Same applies at the competition though. Sprint has a "circling the drain" process if you do not make goal. They will right you up for not hitting it for one month, and make it harder and harder to get out of the write up. For example, if you miss your quota and only make 85% or it, which as a sale person, you should be hitting it anyways to make money. They will put you in a plan to where you have to hit it for over 3 months, if you miss, you're on a final which you have to hit for 6 months, and if missed, you're gone. Management pays no attention to employee issues, they act like they don't care. My manager childishly rejected a vacation request input in for months in advance, so that another employee who requested it much later could take off, since they where good friends. It was only through me getting in his face and letting him know I wasn't happy, that he changed it.

Advice to Management

Hire leaders that know how to sell. Stop hire leaders and promoting them, when they clearly don't know what they are doing. Management is very clicky here. Pay better, Att and others pay much better, sprint is actually the lowest paying of all wireless carriers.

2. Retail Consultant

Former Employee - Retail Consultant & Lead Retail Consultant in Killeen, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Consultant & Lead Retail Consultant in Killeen, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and co-workers

Cons

Very demanding sales quotas

Advice to Management

When there isn't many people coming into the store lower the sales goal to be more realistic

3. A good place to work

Current Employee - Sprint Lead Retail Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sprint Lead Retail Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of benefits, dental Medicare 401k for retirement and school reimbursement.

Cons

Hard to move up in the company -

5. Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Working with sprint you get great deals on phones and plans. It's a really laid back company to work for and great benefits.

Cons

The cons is my manager really doesn't know what he is doing and he is extremely unorganized and the pay could be a lot better

Advice to Management

Hire better managers and expand the pay, the employees really work hard for sprint

My time at Sprint

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Muskegon, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Muskegon, MI

I worked at Sprint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Things have changed, but then I was able to do my own staffing. New Phone when I wanted one. Pretty much ran store the way I wanted, but just has to hit the numbers. They wanted 100 activations or upgrades a month.

Cons

Don't hit the numbers, won't be the Store Manager long. Worked just about everyday all day.

7. Sprint won't be "Sprint" in 5-10 years

Current Employee - Human Factors Engineer in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Human Factors Engineer in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The salaries and benefits are strong, albeit stagnant, and Kansas City is an extremely underrated city to live in; especially the Kansas side.

Cons

When people talk about a company empowering them to make a difference, they aren't talking about Sprint, which does the opposite. You never feel as though your decisions (when you're allowed to even have them) are affecting anything within the company or with its subscribers. Sprint is also currently deluding itself collectively as to its place in the telecom world, which isn't doing anything to help its recovery.

Advice to Management

Be honest with yourselves about all the things wrong with Sprint and what got you to #4 out of the wireless carriers. Better yet, listen to your employees who know what's wrong, and actually take actions they suggest to right the ship instead of sticking your heads in the sand.

8. Working

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

Great benefits and a fun atmosphere

Cons

Work life balance is difficult.

9. Great place to work- keep your options open

Former Employee - Product Manager in Dale City, VA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Dale City, VA

I worked at Sprint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not compartmentalized, if you want to work outside of the box, you can. People are always willing to teach you different aspects of the network, you just need to ask.

Cons

layoffs, layoffs, layoffs. Seems every 6 months there is a layoff. People that are chosen not for their abilities, but on their closeness with the director or manager doing the layoff.

Advice to Management

Once a strategic plan is conveyed to the employees, make certain that the management is following it. Too often i have seen directors and managers make up their own plans and throw out what the executives have determined the direction for the company. Check with the individual contributors.

10. Project Manager

Former Employee - Senior Engineering/Project Manager in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Engineering/Project Manager in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Sprint (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent working environment and technical resource

Cons

Senior management lack of direction and decision making

11. don't bother

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

nice people. management clueless. terribly unorganized.

Cons

IT department is unorganized ... many redundancies == infighting between teams

Showing 3,568 of 3,621 reviews