Sprint Reviews

2,148 Reviews
3.2
2,148 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 154 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 81 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

May be on the verge of renewed growth, or... may remain stagnant.

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked with great people at Sprint. Loved being on the cutting edge of technology, and the ability to really understand customer issues and how to help solve them through technology.

Cons

At Sprint, you always felt that you were just 1-2 years out from being caught up with the competitors and on the verge of doing great things. But you never quite caught up that year or two. We were always behind and had to work twice as hard to overcome our disadvantages in network, financial strength, product selection or leadership. Limited career growth in business leadership segments.

Pick two or three key categories you can compete and be an industry leader and focus on those.

Greta place to work if your manager is secure in his/her management style.

Current Employee - Technical Project/Program Manager  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Technical Project/Program Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, better than average pay for Kansas City market, work from home if your manager isn't insecure. The Overland Park campus is a wonderful work environment: covered parking, medical clinic, fitness center, restaurants, C-Store/pharmacy.

Cons

Layoffs! If you don't get laid off you get to do the work of two people! That also kinda kills the advancement opportunities.

Get a decent marketing program going! Hamsters? WTF? We're not in the telecommunications business. We're a marketing company that markets/sells telecommunications!

Mentally draining and frustrating

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sprint is always trying to get better by building new towers and trying to bring the best value in the market. Sprint sees if something isn't working they don't wait, they change it.

Cons

Sprint makes it very hard to have a personal life they have you come in for late meetings at 8 o'clock at night and they always make changes that tend to short your paycheck. Sprint has change the plan so much that it's hard to keep up with the changes and along with that it's hard to tell the customer the best value when We keep changing the plans Sprint wants us to be happy but they always take your time on your days off and always request things that consume your personal time. Favoritism is huge if you're willing to take care of the customer but it doesn't sell them the products that make sprint money you will not move up in the company but if you're willing to be shady you will move up quickly in the company.

Management and Sprint is very much like high school they promote the people who are your friends not the people who deserve the promotions. I have watched many people get passed up for genuine promotions because the manager promotes their friend not the person who busted the hump to prove they are the best for the position

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sprint Review

Current Employee - Network Engineer
    Current Employee - Network Engineer

I have been working at Sprint full-time

Pros

Ability to work virtual for some roles. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Layoff threats loom almost every year. Hard to get stuff done because of bureaucracy and financial constraints. Sometimes there is too much thinking and not enough doing.

Decide direction and then execute. Too much analysis and not enough decision making paralyzes this company while other commercial carriers advance.

At first challenging and education, then inspirational and motivational, but lastly frustrating and demotivating.

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working here, you will be surrounded by talented, hard-working individuals. Benefits are competitive except the health plan has gotten worse and worse over time. Now is substandard.

Cons

Working here you will also see more skating/milking, etc than one would hope for. Once you reach a certain point, progress is nearly impossible within the company so many of the best have unfortunately found opportunities outside of the company.

Stop promoting people for talking fast and having large egos. Look more at the soundness of their decisions and what they do to prevent problems instead of rewarding for how they dealt with problems that really could have been minimized or avoided altogether with more forethought and planning.
    Focus on the network - duh.

Been with Sprint eight years

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Great people willing to work hard. Great ideas.

Cons

Huge disconnect between executives and field teams. No work/life balance. Unrealistic expectations. Goals unreasonable which affects commissions. No brand identity -- always trying to adapt based on competition. Reinventing the wheel every week gets extremely frustrating -- progress is impossible when you're always being pointed in a new direction.

Stop promoting people to management positions who have obvious, major personality disorders. I.e. Sociopaths who like to hear themselves speak, and cares nothing about anyone but themselves. There should be a better interview process to weed out these people before they get this level. Good employees are leaving solely because of these people.

The Sprint experience

Current Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sprint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant

Cons

Complete lack of consistency. I have been with this company 10+ years and I have seen it change direction more then I change underwear. Every few months we go in a completely different direction. Pay is the lowest out of all the other carriers. No employee appreciation. Zero extras such as thanksgiving or christmas dinner. When you hit 10 years they give you a certificate.

Good experience, very minimal training and support from management.

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager  in  Mishawaka, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Mishawaka, IN

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was decent, but raises were infrequent, Management let us do as we pleased and there was very little micro managing.

Cons

Cell service was poor and we constantly had customer complaining about lack of service, Sprint has loose credit restrictions we encountered a large number of charge backs.

Management cared very little about personal growth or training, it was all about sales goals,

Getting better but perception will lag reality for years to come.

I worked at Sprint full-time

Pros

Great working with new technology, excellent co-workers, ever-changing business environment.

Cons

Customers have been misled so many times they will be hard to keep or win back. Network performance is awful and the company doesn't acknowledge the impact that has or address comp issues when sales are lost due to performance outside the control of sales.

Culture in the business sales channel is not good and senior leadership is not effective. The company would benefit from a lot of new faces in the executive suites.

Retail Communications Consultant

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Laurel, MD

I worked at Sprint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great hourly base salary, great employee perks an they always have contests going to win new products or accessories

Cons

Low commission struture. You get taxed so heavily on it, there's almost no incentive to sell MORE then your monthly quota now.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!