Sprint

2,370 Reviews
3.2
2,370 Reviews

Marcelo Claure

Pros
  • PTO Free phone service and not extremely stressful as a technical consultant (in 164 reviews)

• The best thing about Sprint is the work/life balance that working there provides (in 149 reviews)

Cons
  • Weird drink the Koolaid mentality when the upper management is scheduled to visit (in 97 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Technical Project/Program Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Technical Project/Program Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of advancement and personal growth opportunities. Excellent team environment. The benefits are good and pay is fair.

Cons

Employees are expendable given all the layoffs.

Flexible

I worked at Sprint full-time

Pros

Flexible, casual work environment. Good people to work with.

Cons

Telecom pretty unstable environment with many re-orgs and layoffs

Great job!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No phone Bill. Great pay. A lot of hours. I love working with people so if you do great :)

Cons

Sometimes they schedule weird hours but not too much of a problem. There's rude customers of course but you have too know how to talk to them.

Love my job

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ton of room for growth

Cons

Long term culture change is difficult

Would like to see rep-level compensation become more inline with our competitors in order to keep our best sales people from looking at other opportunities.

Wonderful, Open, and Inclusive

Former Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sprint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has a great positive outlook on itself, its employees and its customers. Benefits are pretty decent as is the phone service discount. Very well done on the requested time off and attendance policies. Company gives plenty of attendance leeway before termination. Good staff, great atmosphere and comfortable settings.

Cons

Ongoing changes due to Softbank purchase and the ongoing layoffs throughout the year. Some management staff may not be fully trained in techniques or duties that they are overseeing you in. Also, retention offers and attempts are somewhat inconsistent and may need some improvement.

Keep doing what you do and remain a positive force for your teams. They sure do notice and appreciate when you stay positive despite any problems.

Good paying job

I have been working at Sprint as a contractor

Pros

Good pay if numbers met

Cons

Hard to hit numbers every month

Be ready to sell

It is a good place to work; disorganized at times and once again undergoing reorganization at this time November 2014

Current Employee - Wireless Engineer (LTE) in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Wireless Engineer (LTE) in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging work, time-off polices and a posibility of tele-commuting in some positions. Cutting edge engineering assignments, and lots of talented people to work with. THE BIG PLUS is people are friendly here. See caveat below. Cutting edge engineering assignments, and lots of talented people to work with.
    On the PLUS side is people are friendly here (see the caveat in cons).

An inclusive environment!

Cons

An inclusive environment - as long as you are not a conservative.

Figuratively speaking the Reorganization is an annual event (this time we had 2 in 11 months).

1. Bust the Silos. 2. Encourage cross functional teams. 3. Stop being afraid to make decisions or improve the network just to make it work better for the customer. 4. Too many good ideas get squashed or delayed . 5. Stop being afraid to spend money when it will improve the network's performance.

Regional Account Manager

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Due to being in a virtual office for half of my tenure, it was a good work-life balance, management let you do your job

Cons

When management had a low understanding of just how much daily minutia you had to accomplish, when most of your day was battling customer churn due to a network with the poorest metrics in the nation....it made it difficult to sell and difficult to manage. Management did not care whether it was good or bad bsiness as long as it fulfillled their CRM metrics they were being held to

Stop checking boxes, watching your CRM, be truly in market, listen to what the feet on the ground are saying

The job was fun. Great team and work environment. I had a good time working here.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, 401k, benefits, training, discounts on phone service good atmosphere. I was a former employee and hope to get employed with the company again.

Cons

Co workers were burnt out and negative. Sometimes goals were far fetched. I would get complaints from customers that I had no control over. They should give their employees more a bit more power I mean we are the face of the company. Sometimes when I would try to activate phones the wifi in the store wouldn't allow me to. Something I didn't have the necessary tools to be successful in the job.

Is a good place to work

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers are great and the pay is good to. In some organizations the option to work from home exists.

Cons

Layoffs every 6 months at a minimum and no vision from Executive Leadership. As well, many in the Executive Leadership (Director and above) can not make the hard decisions. This leads to moral issues as well as constant rework.

Hire Executive Leadership that can create a vision and make the tough decision. Hopeful that Marcelo Claure is that person.