Sprint

3.2 2,039 reviews

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

(1,353 ratings)

Pros
  • You get free phone service and family gets phone discount perks also (in 154 reviews)

• Work life balance is good depending on which area of the business you are working in (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • Be prepared to be extremely fake to upper management if you want to get promoted (in 81 reviews)

• Multiple years of staff reductions continues to drive work/life balance challenges (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights
2,039 Employee Reviews

Mixed Sentiments

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat health insurance and other employee health programs and base pay is on par.
    Direct Supervisors can really help your career.

ConsOffice politics after purchase by Softbank are fierce. Lots of insecurity after successive rounds of layoffs for last 18 months. Stay anonymous and you can keep your job.
    Direct Supervisors can really hinder your career.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to better condense the various metrics used to 'define' a good employee from one not so good.

Application Support Analyst II

Applications Support Analyst II (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsGreat work schedules, good pay for the work required, fun place to work

ConsHard to move up without moving groups

Advice to Senior Managementpromote from within groups

Supervisor

Supervisor (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsInnovation is a part of the company culture. Benefits are good, and PTO allotments are awesome. Also there are other perks that are exclusive to Sprint employees. There are a lot of opportunities to move around in the company. Current CEO, Dan Hesse, has really turned this company around.

ConsDepending on the department, the top down approach can be a pain to deal with some times. As with any large company the higher you go the more out of touch you can be with your front line.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower those below you to do more rather than tightening everything. You will be surprised how well people preform with the extra responsibility as long as they are given all of the tools and training that they need to succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sprint was a dynamic, energetic, and over all great company to work for.

Manager of Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsLeadership was group
    Growing and Changing Industry always kept us on our toes
    Work from home options for some positions was great
    Company Perks were wonderful

Consnegotiate the salary when you are offered a position first

Was a great place to work

IPM (Former Employee)

ProsAfter over ten years they were providing great compensation, good work environment, and great people to work with.

ConsNow that they have been bought by Soft Bank they are changing their whole business structure which is not good for the customer or the employee.

Account Services Supervisor

Account Services Supervisor (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsLearning something new every day and being an advocate for the company and our customers.

ConsHonestly, I love where I work.

Sprint taught me a lot of skills with continuing education classes

Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Prosgreat incentives offered with compensation plans- the benefits were great

ConsUpper management was not professional and got away with it as they work under the Good ole boy system- changing ppl schedules just because they wanted too- did not have a system in place to be fair about it- did not empathize with ppl -personal situations and life needs- they were just like QUIT

Advice to Senior ManagementHR needs to be revamped- as they would disclose all information to the managers regardless of the issue- even if it involved that manager- then they would find a way to get rid of that person-

In started as being the greatest Employer and after they were bought company went down.

Customer Care Seg 10 (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsHuge Cell Phone Benefits, open minded about different cultures. Opportunities to make bonus and by up selling to customers

ConsManagement doesn't reveal major changes with company.

Price was only competitive edge

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood career path if you can believe in the product

ConsService and technology always behind verizon

Advice to Senior Managementdont make price your only edge

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCo Workers...the ones that have tried to stick it out...

ConsUpper Management....Stop being so afraid of failure that you are afraid to do anything to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what it was like after the merger...all of the promise and drive to become the top wireless provider. Take the time to believe in the dream that we all shared before the ship started to sink.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!