Sprint Reviews

Updated March 28, 2015
2739 reviews filtered by

1. Recognized growth and improvement and ultimately a good starting place for telecom sales people.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Attainable goals if self motivated and committed to results. Discounts on products and plans. Fairly casual environment. Good team culture. Often good promotions and pricing.

Cons

Too much time spent on customer issues due to inability to resolve concerns over the phone or online. Offshore support provided challenges to resolution.

Since the time I worked at Sprint Wireless in the mid-2000s a lot of improvements are recognized. Continue the great effort and improved coverage as I continue to be a customer to this day.

2. Great employer

Former Employee - Test Engineer II in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Test Engineer II in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Pay and chance for advancement

Cons

A lot of layoffs yearly

3. Just another wireless store.

Former Employee - Store Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Significantly discounted wireless service and moderate accessory discount. Hours were slightly better than most mall stores as we closed at 8pm most days and 6 pm on Sundays

Cons

Horrible work-life balance. Insane pressure to meet quotas regardless of how ridiculous they may be. My store was a brand new location and despite very low traffic, we were expected to squeeze new lines of service out of existing customers at all costs. This was the same at all locations and led to a culture of shady business practices by the sales associates.

Sweeping changes to selling practices need to be implemented. Far too often, management turns a blind eye to the shady dealings as long as nothing has actually blown up in any one's face. One set of rules, enforced at every location should be in place.

5. Fairly decent

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Pto, social interaction, time flies by

Cons

Weekends, holidays, the elderly, hostile customers, archaic systems

6. I really enjoyed my time while at Sprint. After the acquisition of Nextel there were a lot reorganizations.

Former Employee - Project/Program Manager III in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Project/Program Manager III in Reston, VA

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Flexibility, worked remotely on occasion. Worked with team members all across the country. Good team building activities. Smart, friendly co-workers and management.

Cons

The reorganizations caused some distractions for our entire group.

Treat people well, compensate fairly and recognize excellence.

7. I love working for the Sprint team i work for however, I am looking for something more stable on hours and pay.

Current Employee - Sprint Sales Representative in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Sprint Sales Representative in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Best reason for working here is the experience I have encountered with not only customers, but also my co workers as well, I have made many of friends here at Sprint.

Cons

Some of the challenges here are the enraged customers I do see on a regular basis, sometimes customers can go above and beyond when it comes to being disrespectful and hurtful, but you just got to shrug it off with a smile and continue with the day as best you can.

Upper management does a wonderful job with running the company and I would never step on the feet they put in a great amount of effort and leadership however, I would advice to upper management to watch for how their employees work with customers because I have gone to other sprint locations and been treated like trash before.

8. Starting to head in the right direction, but is it too late?

Current Employee - Sprint University
    Current Employee - Sprint University

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Sprint has always had generous compensation, which becomes less and less generous every year since raises are rare and small (2% is about average in a one-year period, assuming you get one at all). In general management is very flexible when it comes to where and when you work. Many employees work remotely on a permanent basis, which is really helpful for balancing work and personal life. The culture tends to vary by business unit. Postpaid is more of a buttoned down traditional corporate environment, and prepaid is more relaxed and casual.

Cons

Operating costs and adherence to "how things have always been done" are often hard to overcome. Many employees have been with the company for 20+ years and just want to punch in, punch out, and are averse to doing anything differently. There's too much focus on keeping costs down and not enough focus on the customer, though our new CEO is working to change that mindset. Also, programs we used to have to encourage employee development have been eliminated, because of, you guessed it, cost. And with frequent layoffs, there isn't much of a career path anymore. This doesn't feel like a company that's growing. It feels like we're just trying to keep it going as long as we can.

Keep focusing on the customer. When the quality of a project is described by stakeholders as "good enough" for the customer, it's not. "Good enough" doesn't cut it in our industry. We need to be willing to go the extra mile for our customers if we want to survive. Recognize and reward employees who are focused on doing what's right for the customer. Weed out those who aren't.

9. Good salary, nice perks, I enjoyed the job

I worked at Sprint

Pros

Work life balance at Sprint is good. The employee perks are very nice.

Cons

Constant cost cutting results in lay-offs on a regular basis.

10. Beware of the Job cuts

Former Employee - Vendor Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Vendor Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, good peers, and decent benefits overall

Cons

Too many reductions in force, happens yearly - saw 16 in 17 years - cuts are not based on performance, appears more tenured and salary based.

Focus on keeping your best, not the cheapest

11. Great place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and ability to improve self

Cons

Constantly worrying about the next round of layoffs. It's not conducive to a healthy work environment