Sprint

Profile Unclaimed

Pretty good job

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Bay Shore, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Bay Shore, NY

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Commission
    Free service
    Sometimes free phones
    Learning about new phones
    Discounts on additional lines
    A job that has growth to move up
    Great health care benefits
    PAID VACATION time !!!

Cons

Retail hours
    Having to work with people who steal sales
    Dealing with other peoples escalations because they lied to the customer so they can make a sale

It shouldn't be all about numbers when it comes to promotions

Lead retail consultant

Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Lead Retail Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, fair amount of PTO, free cell service, reasonable goals

Cons

Customers can be terrible but that's everywhere in retail

I love Marcelo the new ceo he is adaptable sharp and on his A game

Former Tech

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Akron, OH

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job was fast pace and kept you busy. Vacation time was amazing, was pretty flexible with school and my management was pretty awesome.
    Pay was pretty good (after I quit and found out what the sales reps made.... do that).

Cons

As a tech it was near impossible to advance. If you were there for more than 5 years you could interview for an assistant manager. Though most of my complaints are addressed in that in store techs are being phased out. Burn out in retail is very real, if I had to do it again, I'd go sales with a plan to quit in 2 years.

Company is heading in a great way, but too many corporate changes for my liking.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay
    Outside sales get freedom
    tons of resources for support
    Vacation time

Cons

"too corporate" for me- constant layoffs, shifts in selling focus
    Too little control of overall customer satisfaction (network messes up but sales gets blamed by customers
    I've had 2 jobs with 3 managers and 3 directors in 2 and a half years.

Promote management from within, especially upper management. A lot of upper management comes up with directives or goals that are unrealistic.

I had a very good experience working at Sprint.

Current Employee - Business Analyst II
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II

I have been working at Sprint

Pros

Professional environment with good people, benefits and pay. They encourage personal development and allow you to be empowered to take risks. I especially liked the flexible scheduling which allowed me to balance my personal and professional life and the free cell phone benefit couldn't be beat.

Cons

Two aspects that I did not care for at Sprint was the frequency of layoffs which was a very unsettling experience. The second thing I did not care for was the difficulty getting a promotion.

Overall, Good Company to work for in B2B Sales

Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

+ most of the time felt like I was treated like a valued professional and person
    + worked with great people in our business sales office and many manager/directors reported up to over the years
    + fortunate to not have micro-managers; instead managers who tried to assist in overachieving quotas and goals
    + great benefits package

Cons

The last two years:
    - saw the company culture change to a less friendly and caring place about the employees and more driven by numbers
    - constant change to company strategies and tactics to the point that didn't have confidence in a lot of what was being preached to us as the new direction to lead us to better outcomes
    - too often told to expect upcoming changes in tools, processes, networking, programs, etc and typically v little to no substantive change to much later than timeframe told.
    - a lot reporting and redundant reporting activities that only took away from selling activities with no obvious benefit to customers or the sales team.

> more of them need to focus on how to assist the sales and support team to deliver value and service to the customers and less time worrying about numbers that only meet their own needs.

Fast pace environment

Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sprint as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I learned so much in the little time I was there.

Cons

Some workers weren't as helpful as others.

Nothing

Good job, Bad customers

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Ocoee, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Ocoee, FL

I worked at Sprint part-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. The benefits:
    Discounted accessories, free employee line, 401k, part time healthcare, paid time off, rolling vacation days.

2. Fair compensation for part time and full time positions.

3. Great communication with upper management (easy to know who is the point of contact).

4. There is a lot of room for growth within Sprint. Saw many moving up the corporate ladder while working there.

Cons

As a Technical Consultant, we were paid on customer satisfaction. If the customer was unhappy with Sprint and not our work, we got dinged. That being said, the technical side of Sprint soon became a sales side. At the end of my time there, technicians were required to sell a specific quota, all while fixing older phones that may not have available accessories.

The worst part about working for Sprint was customer entitlement. Everyone has a dying mother, an autistic child, etc. that they need to remain in contact with, it seemed. If we were unable to fix the issue with the phone, then we would order another. Even with that being done, they expected a resolution then and there. This was not a company policy nor had it ever been. The entitlement of these customers was almost too much to handle.

Keep allowing for the growth of your employees, and continue to put the employee first. If you continue to that, the work force will pay you back with great customer experiences and labor output.

Getting better - no longer a dump

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Sprint full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New CEO is changing the company culture and aggressively launching sales driven promotions. Pay and perks are very good compared to other carriers.

Cons

Always feels like the company is broke. Last CEO was too heavy on finance and never got aggressive. Also, company is too heavy on reporting and treats employees like they do not trust that employees are doing there job. Very "big brother" micromanaged feeling. Always (always) a fear of being laid off. Every six months more layoffs and business shrinking. HR is a lapdog for upper management. No work/life balance. Directors have too much control and can hide their actions from executive leadership team.

Make middle management more accountable for employee development through collaboration NOT fear of losing job. Back off the constant duplication of efforts and micromanaging employees. Have anonymous skip level meetings to find out what employees think about their directors. I promise it will stun you to find out how they treat your employees and how the employees really feel. Make it the real anonymous - not the way it's done now where you ask which market, which position and how long employed and then you give the responses to the manager of each market. It takes management 2 seconds to figure out which employee said what and there is usually retaliation against that employee... Regardless of what HR says.

I loved every minute of it.

Former Employee - Project Manager II in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager II in Irving, TX

I worked at Sprint full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best part about working for Sprint was the people. You would occasionally run into one real jerk, but most everyone was a pleasure to work with. When I finally got laid off, I was well compensated. I can't say anything bad about Sprint.

Cons

Watching them downsize. No one was immune to being let go.

They will miss the knowledge that was laid off someday soon, when new people make mistakes that would not have been made by a seasoned professional.