Sprint

Sprint CEO Dan Hesse

Dan Hesse

95 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Believe

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsGreat benefits, outstanding team players, honest company.

ConsStress to do a lot

Advice to Senior Managementtreat all your employees the same not just your top sellers.

Long time employee at Sprint

Director (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThe people are great and the benefits are very good. Investment from Softbank should allow them to build a good network, but they need to execute on the deployment.

ConsLack of a long term strategic plan and vision. Culture is risk-averse. Tendency to over analyse the financials of product investment and not look at where other value can come from.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a strategic plan and then develop the products that your customers need and want. Look toward the future more and less at the next 30 days.

Great work life balance

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsGreat co-workers, flexible for work life balance

Consnot a lot of room for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementshould provide more people managing instead of project managing

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)
    Silver Spring, MD

ProsFriendly environment, moral, and striving to customer satisfication

ConsThere is no cons to discuss.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen to say Happy Hanuka, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Gay day, Happy seasons and Happy.... to the Sprint employees, and you find it difficult to say to the Muslim US Citizen employees in Sprint, Happy Eid, in the same day the President of the US opens the White house for the Muslim Community leaders every year, and send a message in the TV to the Muslims in the US and the world nice greetings. That is also,difficult to understand, with my love and peace to Sprint (Hi Management).

Great working environment - but need better planning and direction from the marketing & business teams.

Corporate Counsel (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsGreat working environment with cooperative, dynamic work groups desiring for company to do well. Very experienced and educated group with variety of experience and education.

ConsMany groups/teams work in different locations which can be challenging for important information about projects and initiatives to be communicated to the necessary stakeholders. Often results in teams to work in silos, rather than coordinating work efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementSprint was previously the 3rd place telecom carrier and now, arguably, is in 4th place among the four majo major carriers. Why? Because Sprint's management is stagnant and doesn't do any long term planning, or even bother leading the industry, rather than reacting to the industry. Look at what T-Mobile achieved in such as short term - leap frogged over Sprint by taking chances and leading.

Was a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsSprint has excellent benefits. I didn't realize how good they were until I left. My group enabled excellent work/life balance. I worked with a number of excellent people and found it a generally good place to work before the Softbank acquisition.

ConsSoftbank acquisition has brought much needed change, but at what expense? Employees have no motivation to excel because they are in a constant state of fear about losing their jobs. There is no opportunity for personal growth nor has there been for a number of years. Good people are left, but Sprint needs to throw them a bone to help achieve the results they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet all of the cuts done and the people remaining will be better able to focus on delivering results today vs. worrying about whether they will have a job tomorrow.

Myopic at the top. Institutional CYA attitude in the middle. Unappreciated and under compensated at the bottom.

Federal Regional Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsThey are trying to build the best network in the country. They are also frequent innovators in both technology and services.

ConsSo focused on market share that they are too eager to drop their price, causing a perceived lack of value that is often hard to overcome. They fail miserably in a very weak attempt to recognize and reward performance. The commission structure is deliberately complicated, and less than what is offered and agreed to, in the hope that they can get away with underpaying. Management up to, and including Regional VP openly acknowledge the commission situation, and further acknowledge that they don't understand the commission process or the appeals process, which actually has a 90 day time limit. This often results in an acknowledged "mistake" , that results in an under-payment that is not corrected, but is occasionally apologized for.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart valuing your "feet on the street", and provide better oversight of first line and middle management. Customer First needs to be more than a catchy slogan, and somebody should start to value and address the concerns of customer facing employees. There is a real reason for Sprint's place in the pecking order of wireless providers.

Working for Sprint

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Fairfax, VA

ProsGreat benefits, flexible hours, and good pay

ConsFocus on sales hurts customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Framily Plan. Stop copying TMobile.

Sales Strategy?

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsWork - Life Balance
    Compensation, although unclear at times
    Opportunity to develop long lasting peer and customer relationships

ConsLack of Direction and Strategy
    Bureaucratic, slow moving
    Transparency

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a wealth of experience and knowledge at all levels of the organization, there is no process in place that gives employees the ability to make tangible changes in the way Sprint does business. Many managers are under trained in organizational behavior and treat their teams like they are above those working with the customers.

Network Development Intern

Network Development Intern (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsIt's a good place to start your career. You are introduced to most modern equipment and services in telecommunications industries, Sprint is ranked 3rd and that's good. The internship is laid back and it depends on the intern to volunteer for the level of challenge.

ConsThe possibility of converting the internship to full time is less.
    Pay is comparatively less than other peer companies.

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprint reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sprint CEO Dan Hesse . All 95 reviews posted anonymously by Sprint employees.