Sprout Social Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.7
Justyn Howard

1. Fun environment, great people, free lunch!

Current Employee - Director of Conversion Optimization in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Conversion Optimization in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been at Sprout for a few month now, but it has been great. The people here are sharp, hard working, and fun to be with. My coworkers lover their jobs (big contrast from my last company). The executive team is eager to listen to new ideas and very open minded about trying out new things. Also, we get free lunch every day. What up!

Cons

There are only really two cons I can come up with. The first is the location, I live in the suburbs and have a long commute. For most employees, however, I think the location is great as we are right down town in the loop. The facilities are nice too! The second is the growing pains of a fast growing start up (good problem to have). Much of the team is new and we are still figuring out how to get in a rhythm. Being a smaller company we don't have access to as many resources as the bigger shops have, but we are scrappy and we get things done.

Advice to Management

Let's keep adding good people and stay focused on our goals. I'm excited to see what innovations will be coming out of this company over the next few years.

Strong team, lack of growth

I worked at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

Overall a very talented team with a strong focus, you'll definitely be with some of the industry's best at Sprout.

Cons

Lack of upward mobility in certain roles. Some things can move very, very quickly or much too slowly.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open within and between teams. Make sure to provide everything that existing employees need to stay up-to-speed.

Awesome Company, Strong Leadership

Former Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sprout Social full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy the social media, tech and marketing worlds, then Sprout Social is an exciting place to work. I believe the product/design/engineering teams are the best at what they do. Additionally, the leadership is amazing. I'm grateful for my experience and the opportunity to work with managers who care so much about their team members. It's rare that a CEO will pull you into his/her office to make sure you're happy and get your input on organizational changes, but it illustrates Sprout's focus on culture (and that starts at the top). I'm proud to have been part of Team Sprout.

Cons

At the time I was working there, career advancement and continuing education felt limited. Flexibility in work schedule/location was inconsistent across team members.

Advice to Management

Stay scrappy.

5. Exciting and Collaborative Environment

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

The environment at Sprout is extremely collaborative, fun and challenging; and that energy really fosters commitment and excitement across the company. There is a feeling that we're all working toward a common goal and everyone is encouraged to do their best, take risks and keep pushing forward.

Cons

No glaring cons to report.

6. Sales

I have been working at Sprout Social

Pros

Never worked for a company that takes such good care of its employees.

Cons

No cons, to speak of.

7. GREAT place to be!

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sprout is a GREAT place to work. I love everything about this place. The culture and the people are a huge reason that keeps me coming back! (Have I mentioned free lunch?) I have worked with and for several SaaS companies prior to Sprout, and this by far is the best product I have seen. Each month we have All Company meetings that keeps us updated and in the loop at all times. I wish I would have found Sprout sooner in life!

Cons

There are no cons at all!

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

8. GREAT workplace, GREAT product, GREAT people!!

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have LITERALLY never been happier at a job in my entire life! I am so excited to come to work each day; my role constantly challenges me, my teammates are incredibly supportive, upper management genuinely cares about not only myself but my professional growth, and the product is perfection! The office perks don't hurt either! Lunch is provided each day, the snack room and coffee bar(s) rock, and the all company meetings each month are a great place to meet members of other teams!

Cons

I am happy to report that I have zero CONS to add into this review field.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...it works!

9. Great company to work for that is solving difficult problems

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time

Pros

The people and culture at Sprout Social are amazing. There's a great sense of camaraderie and respect among team members, which creates open dialogs throughout the organization. On the engineering team, we are challenged to solve difficult problems and are given the time to build things the right way, which is highly valuable. I like that we continually improve our day-to-day process as we see problems/inefficiencies; it's a very agile way of becoming a better group of engineers. Lunches, snacks and drinks are provided by the company. Monthly happy hours allow us to meet new team members and catch up with other employees over a beer.

Cons

Nothing that is specific to the company... perhaps the fact that Chicago is cold in the winter.

Sprout Social Response

Apr 23, 2015 – Director of Talent

Thanks for sharing your experience as part of Team Sprout. We certainly agree - Sprout has some incredibly interesting challenges to tackle, and learning as we go makes our company and product ever ... More

10. Great Company to Be a Part of!

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sprout is an amazing place to work for because of the high caliber people. Everyone treats each other with mutual respect and it makes coming to work fun. Sprout also trusts their employees. Additionally, we get catered lunches daily, have a cool cafe, and have the option of hanging out at events outside of work. So far my experience with Sprout Social has been world class.

Cons

At this point I see no downsides to working for Sprout.

11. Love it!

Current Employee - Front End Developer/Designer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Front End Developer/Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sprout Social full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't been at Sprout too long, but I absolutely love it here. Everyone is very friendly, and welcoming. I've never worked for a company where I felt this appreciated by the higher up management. You are constantly reminded that they are really happy you are here, and that you decided to work for Sprout over another company.

Cons

No cons at the moment!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

RSS Feed </> Embed