Sprouts Farmers Market
www.sprouts.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014
Sprouts Farmers Market – US – “Sprouts”

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders

Doug Sanders

Pros:
  • "15% employee discount - sunflower was 20%"
    in 13 reviews
  • "The company is growing so there are advancement opportunities"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lack of communication between departments and from upper management at a store level"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Most of all, LOW PAY WITH SMALL ANNUAL RAISES IF YOU ARE LUCKY"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to shop terrible to work at.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou work with some awesome people
discount
cool customer.

ConsUpward mobility is not determined by how hard you work but how much the upper management likes you
Horrible unprofessional management
Constant OSHA violations
Joke of an HR department
Will try everything they can to get outof giving you a pitiful 3% yearly raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigh managers who know how to manage instead of just your friends.
Respect employees.
Fire the entire HR department.

Instead of just moving around bad managers fire them.

Sprouts farmers market is a good store to shop, but not to work.

Bakery Clerk (Current Employee)
Temecula, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time for less than a year

ProsGood learning experience, especially if this is your first job.

ConsBad management all around, even in the hiring department.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you're hiring someone, be more organized and professional.

Being Held back

Grocery Clerk (Current Employee)
Aurora, CO

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time for less than a year

ProsI like working in the Grocery industry, Fun, Fast pace, Discounts to employees

ConsNot being Trained properly for new promotions and being turned down due to favoritism. Management not being involved at the clerk level in training or motivating

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with the whole team and look for the people that have said they want to move up and work to train and get that person ready for promotions. Encourage movement within the company and not Discourage it or hold people back.

Great place to work. Helped me mature a lot coming from a street fashion retailer.

Cashier (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time for less than a year

ProsPay day every Friday.
Great pay.
Fun people.
Made new friends
Managers were great

ConsSome customers have a really nasty attitude.
It gets really crazy on Sunday and you go home tired and sore.
All the codes for produce you have to memorize

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. You all are great.

The Sprouts Facade

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time for less than a year

ProsThey work with my college schedule. They like to hire from within so if you get a job here and want to transfer to another location they more than likely will.

ConsBecause they're a fast growing company, they like to say the base values are there but they really aren't. Customers have complained about store conditions or employees and management seems to shrug it off. I thought it would be a laid back place to work but it's quite the opposite. There's so many rules and regulations they want you to be personable and we are to customers but it almost feels robotic and fake after awhile. At my store there's been a huge turn around in employees and you have to think, if there's that many people quitting is it the employees or the way things are ran?

Advice to Senior ManagementListening to what employees and customers have to say and taking it into consideration. Going back to the main core values of the store would be refreshing instead of trying to become bigger and better but losing the Sprouts personality.

One of the greatest job experiences of my life.

Service Deli/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee)
Monrovia, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time for more than a year

ProsThe Management was great, Plenty of hours, Co-Workers that you could befriend, and an overall just amazing company to work for.

ConsCatered to the customers outrageous whim, Fear of secret shopper evaluations, and Corporate greed grew after I.P.O. launch.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe local store management should be the example for the Corporate management to follow.

This was a good place to work, not great

Grocery Manager (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for more than 3 years

Prossell heathy stuff, fast growing company with room for promotion for go getters. IF management likes you. It's not whole foods, but they are nice to you if you get a good store manager

ConsLabor gets trimmed to much after stores settle. We got so big so fast that its harder to establish the culture in the new places. Sometimes there is alot of pressure do more with less. need more paid vacation

Advice to Senior Managementkeep true to what has built this company. selling lots of really affordable conventional produce!!!!! VIVA

A great company experiencing rapid growth. Two acquisitions in the last three years.

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time

ProsRapid growth and opportunities for advancement. Most of these jobs will be at store level but additional opportunities at the corporate office will be there as well.

ConsThe two mergers have created a strange culture. Not a very people centric organization at the corporate level.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeveloping a dynamic corporate culture needs to start from the top down. Putting out a list of what the culture is does not create a culture.

awesome produce

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for more than a year

Proscompany is growing all the time

Consneed more on hand training for new employees

Typical Burn and Turn. Don't work here unless you want to be depressed! Worst company I've ever worked for!!

Assistant Vitamin Manager (Former Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time for less than a year

Pros15% discount. Some cool people. Nice being around healthy food if you're into living a healthy lifestyle.

Cons1) It's slave labor!! They never had the necessary amount of people which resulted in you doing the job of 2 to 3 people. These CEO's know the job market is filled with people looking for jobs. This company staffs at about 70-80% which results in you not only unable to do your job how you should, but you have to help other departments as well. Because there are 10+ people looking for every position, they hire you at the bare minimum wage. Once you get burned out from all the hours of hard work and quit, they know they can easily hire someone else. This is the typical structure of most companies post the Great Recession of 07'.

2) Little to no training. I was in the vitamin department and was thrown into the "eye of the storm." I was never given proper training which was annoying. Train your people! It's common sense!!

3) The benefits were good in 13' but when 14' hit, the PPO plan had a ridiculous deductible.

4) Vacation and sick time only occur after 7 months. I've worked at companies that give you 18 days of vacation when you are hired as part time!! The amount of time you accrue is a joke. Several hours at the 7 month mark after devoting 40 hour weeks for 7 months.

5) The turn over rate is shocking. I've never seen any place have such a high turn over rate. It's because of the low pay. It was rare that someone wold put in their 2 week notice. My district manager looked so burned out it was sad.

6) The company does not stock enough of the necessary tools (brooms, markers, pens)

7) The yes policy. Contradicts our company policies in order to make the customer happy. This results in rude, annoying customers.

8) Some of the store managers are a joke. They sit in their office and bark orders but rarely helped us out. These managers were praised by the higher upps too.

THE VITAMIN SECTION

1) I worked in the vitamin section and wanted to help people get healthier and help increase sales. This position was more about doing labor tasks than anything else. Putting up tags/shipment, cleaning sections, doing resets, etc. DON'T WORK HERE IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO FURTHER YOUR SALES ABILITIES! We had a lady in our section quit because she was never trained by the company on the supps and pretty much just cleaned sections for 6 months. The only way someone stays here is if you have a true passion for the supplement industry and want to do YOUR OWN RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN TIME. Very little emphasis is placed on helping the customer find the right products to help them live healthier.

2) The guns!! Oh the ordering guns. They would stop working regularly, freeze up, etc. Much frustration was caused by these.

3) Sprouts has to hit a minimum $ amount when ordering for certain companies to get free shipping. Instead of paying $5-8 occasionally, we are forced to order way too much product!! This results in having way too much product on the shelf/overstock. It gets overly crowded and sometimes product just sits on the shelf and expires.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves because you are only in this industry for your own personal financial gains. You need to listen to what are the main problems your workers are dealing with. People are depressed working here!!!

Worked for Sprouts Farmers Market? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprouts Farmers Market reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sprouts Farmers Market CEO Doug Sanders. All 135 reviews posted anonymously by Sprouts Farmers Market employees.