Sprouts Farmers Market

www.sprouts.com

Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews in Dallas, TX

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Sprouts Farmers Market – US – “Sprouts”

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders

Doug Sanders

Pros
  • Mostly fun company to work for, employee discount a huge plus(in 21 reviews)

• Best perk of working for this employer is the 15% discount all employees receive(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay to match the area living needs(in 13 reviews)

• Hardly any store managers, or regional managers, actually know how to deal with people as humans(in 12 reviews)

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fair

Produce Clerk (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFriendly co-workers, flexible hours and a discount

ConsThe pay is a little low for the amount of work that one is required to do

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Sprouts is a good company to work for.

Product Clerk (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMore of a comfortable environment as far as how strict the higher corporate management expects from their employees

ConsThe responsibilities of the employees in different departments. Managers sometimes doesnt make fair decisions. A little irrelevant drama here and there.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees more and be more fair about certain decisions to make when it comes to discipline.

Was great years ago, do not recommend it now

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsDecent benefits... employee discount. Chance to move up to department manager quick if work hard and positions open up, but you will regret it. Wow I really cant think of any more pros.

ConsExpextations are extremely high. Not a bad thing but the help to execute everything is not there. Very poor management. Good luck getting a raise. Strict attendance. High turnover, many managers quiting because of the company's lack of support. Poor promotion choices.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont pile on all the new programs and expect results with the already short handed teams. Spend some labor $ and the stores can do sooooo much better and meet programs 100% treat employees better! We make your money. Closing shifts always get stuck with heavy cleanup store wide with minimal department staff and is expected to have it perfect. Poor raise system does not motivate employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In consist Don't like trying to control employees

Cashier (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe produce and meat

ConsWe need leaders in steed of bosses

Great place to work. Helped me mature a lot coming from a street fashion retailer.

Cashier (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPay day every Friday.
    Great pay.
    Fun people.
    Made new friends
    Managers were great

ConsSome customers have a really nasty attitude.
    It gets really crazy on Sunday and you go home tired and sore.
    All the codes for produce you have to memorize

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. You all are great.

Ideal job for teenagers and retirees.

Cashier, Department Clerk (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros-It doesn't take a genius to scan groceries
    -Management doesn't care if you're late (which I guess is a perk, but for everyone else it throws off the break times and is inconsiderate)
    -Similarly, management doesn't care if you call in

Cons-Virtually no training when starting out
    -Low pay
    -Lack of communication between departments and from upper management at a store level
    -40 hrs a week for first couple of months before shifts are cut to 7 or 7.5 hours resulting in the loss of a break
    -No rotation of weekends or closings shifts meaning days in a row of closing for some
    -Revolving door of managers
    -Favoritism
    -Unreasonable expectations and responsibilities. Employees were often "trained" to work in multiple departments and very rarely given pay raises
    -Ridiculous store policies that result in the NEEDIEST customers you will ever interact with
    -If you are lucky enough to have the mangers attention long enough to address a concern they're slow with results

Advice to Senior Management-Show your employees your care about them and appreciate the HARD work they do
    -Promote communication among departments, set the example
    -Add more people to the pay roll instead of making your employees take on double the responsibility

The worse place to work ever

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Pros15% Employee discount
    That's the only Pro on this company

ConsLazy store managers
    Favoritism
    Not opportunity for move up
    Only $.30 raise every year
    You pay for your own uniforms
    You lost your batch you have to pay for a replacement
    You have to bring food to your appreciation day
    Racist managers
    You're not allowed to get a sample of fruit or something for you. But the managers can
    I've been told for a lot of managers you will never get the five points on your review (5 points max score)
    When you're lucky and you move up even for head department position you only get a dollar raise
    You can't get stocks only corporate and store managers
    When your call sick The managers said it's not my problem you need to be responsible and came to work
    You can't even have your cell phone in your pocket, but the managers or their friends can be on their cell phones texting and talking on the sales floor
    They prepare sandwiches with expire meats
    They seems to be really nice with the customers but when they left they talk really bad about them
    They treat you like slaves
    All the homemade sausages are made of leftovers of The meat department
    When the chicken, pork or beef are expired they just change the expiration date and put like five more days on it

That's not all but that's all I can thing right now but if I keep going is going to be A lot way more than this

I am so very disappointed about this company that's why customers get cheap Products Because the employees are paying for the difference

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't be so selfish and leasant to employees, you really need to appreciate all they did for The company, and please don't discriminate them what's the point to be assistant or third person, if nobody knows that because now You guys decide that only the top four managers and the head departments are the only ones allowed to wear a blue shirt, you can at least give them a T-shirt but blue so people can recognize them And know that they work hard to get that position.

Working for peanuts!

Produce Clerk (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat co-workers, somewhat flexible hours, easy work.

ConsPay rate was very low, attendance policy was shifty in regards to time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfessionalism in ANY business is key!

Was a great employer. Sprouts is turning into a typical minimum wage maximum profit corperate nightmare.

Meat Clerk (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsClean stores
    15% employee discount
    Friendly coworkers and management
    Mostly well behaved customers
    Star card awards ($5-$25 gift card)

ConsNo room for advancement
    Favoritism
    Low wages and few small raises
    More work and responsibilities for the same pay as before
    Ever increasing workload on fewer dept hours
    No overtime allowed
    No employee stock options
    Working 10 days in a row with no day off at regular rate
    Few benefits
    Strict attendance policy
    Have to buy uniform wear
    Inflexible scheduling
    Cannot use discout with and have to pay tax out of pocket when using star cards

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to maxout your end of the year bonus at eveyone else's expense. Suppor deptartment managers. Don't punish employees for using their sick hours with tardy points.

Sprouts offers flexible work schedules, competitive pay, and a fun and casual work environment.

Prefer Not to Say (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood benefits, competitive pay, weekly paydays, employee discounts, flexible work schedules, and a fun place.

ConsSometimes hours are cut back during the fall and winter months when business is slow but it picks back up after the New Year when people begin to focus on healthier choices again.

Advice to Senior ManagementA good orientation program would be very helpful.

Worked for Sprouts Farmers Market? Contribute to the Community!