Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews

Reset
2.3
Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders
Doug Sanders

Pros
  • 15% employee discount - sunflower was 20% (in 26 reviews)

• the best thing has to be the 15% discount (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay to match the area living needs (in 17 reviews)

• Upper management totally clueless about how to be (in 14 reviews)

ok

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

They seem to be a well organized company and customer oriented.

Cons

I was only a bagger so I got carts and in Phoenix sunmer it was 110 out and even when there was nothing to get outside the manager wouldn't let us stay inside and told us to wait for something to do outside instead of bag or clean while we wait.

2. Produce Clerk

Current Employee - Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly, hardworking people to work alongside.

Cons

Underpaid for workload and demands on employees

Advice to Management

Get organized. Don't just ship distressed produce out to the stores and expect it to sell.

3. Shady Management!

Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most customers were nice and I miss them.

Cons

Underhanded Management! Bully everyone with lies and set ups...when you do your better or know more than they do they hold you back or set you up for failure!

Advice to Management

Grow up or Get Out! You are holding back progress!

5. Not the best place to work. Poor training and a lot of busy work.

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Consistent hours and once you are able to work your way up in the company you have the opportunity to make a reasonable amount of money.

Cons

Poor training and management. You are never really told how to complete the tasks you are assigned and then if they do not mean the company standards you are punished for them.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more instruction and make sure the managers that work for the company are understanding and willing to listen to employee's concerns.

Great company to work for before they merged with Henry's. Much of the 'family' feel is gone. Overall, still good compan

Former Employee - Cashier/Bookkeeper in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier/Bookkeeper in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, including 401k, great produce, and customers are great.

Cons

Lost much of the 'family' feel. More corporate environment., meaning sometimes management seems disconnected from instore staff. Pay rates are below market average and you dont get performance raises.

Advice to Management

Give performance raises and talk to and LISTEN to suggestions from in-store employees. Many long time employees felt slighted when they were not invited/allowed/offered to buy stocks in the company.

7. Decent pay, great management, bad drama

Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Pays well, good discount, friendly staff, great store manager and assistant manager.

Cons

Other asst. mgrs. are the laziest I've ever seen. Calling for their help on the front end, one manager always comes up front, looks around, and walks away, NOT policy, NOT protocol. Does it anyway.

Advice to Management

Decide better on whom you put IN Management. Morison, Store #7, that means you.

Terrible

Former Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seriously can't think of any

Cons

Poor upper management. Store mgr was a joke...still is. Constantly putting out fires they set themselves. More worried about a corporate walk than the team members or the customers. No conscience.

Advice to Management

Take care of and show at least a small concern for your people

Sprouts FM is top heavy on Management that allows little autonomy at store level to better serve your guests.

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have stayed with this company strictly due to its location and the employee benefit of 15% off purchases. Like anywhere i have worked there is a mixture of good and bad management. I have been lucky to have had good store managers that were fair and positive, but have heard different experiences from others at varying locations. they try to do the right thing.

Cons

Believing in what we sell is important to me. We introduce the public to healthy affordable alternatives but increasingly i find more value in the local Conventional markets offering fresher Organic Produce and Meats. There is little at store level being applied toward responsible sustainability - recycling and composting are simply ignored. Unless you are considered management you receive no financial incentive to be an active member of the team. The staff acts and performs similar to what i would expect at Walmart, with little to no interest in the product we sell. This is the most challenging of environmental cons i experience daily.

Advice to Management

Respect your staff as much as you pretend to respect your guests. the YES program is instituted to solve problems in a positve no hassle manner, yet you display none of that generosity when assisting your staff at store level. You wish to change your name from "corporate" to "support" but have not allowed your "corporate support staff" the freedom to actually support the stores.

Immature and greedy leadership, makes $ millions off the back of min wage staff.

Current Employee - Scan Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Scan Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company itself is a great company.

Cons

The leadership is too greedy and doesn't respect the employees who make them $. This is the first place I've worked at that I've seen several employees cry and breakdown because of bullying and intimidation by upper management. This happens frequently at the corporate location. Employees who are exempt are treated like hourly staff and are made to work 8+ hours at their desk and put in hours every weekend, but that is not enough. They will give you work that is normally done by 3 ftes. Then if you ask for help or collaboration with a project, you are shot down, basically told to do it yourself. And if you do something incorrectly, and have asked for help or guidance, you are right in the middle of a massive witch hunt. They will pick you apart. Leadership has favorites, and those that they ridicule. Also very dirty politics are played. No wonder they are sued frequently. Benefits are very poor. Insurance is expensive and coverage is really bad. 6 holidays for a year when most places give you 9 days. Remember that Sprouts makes billions a year as well. Guess what? Corp leadership does not have to pay for their benefits or parking, it is all absorbed by the employees. So when you see a VP, or Director or above driving their 6 figure $ car or SUV, remember that you paid $65 a month for parking and several hundreds of dollars for benefits per month , while the joker in the 6 figure car paid nothing. And just cashed in millions by selling their stocks, which only directors and above can buy.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to say to management, they will do what they want to do.

11. I love this place!

Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great people! great environment! perfect world to work in!

Cons

I have literally nothing bad to say!

Advice to Management

you guys are amazing!

RSS Feed </> Embed