Sprouts Farmers Market

Updated December 19, 2014
2.6

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders
Doug Sanders

Pros
  • Minimal employee discount, some organic products offered within the store (in 26 reviews)

• All employees get a 15% discount on top of all the amazing weekly sales (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay to match the area living needs (in 17 reviews)

• Lack of communication between departments and from upper management at a store level (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

don't believe the hype-sprouts rocks!

Current Employee - Senior Deli Clerk in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Deli Clerk in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market full-time (less than an year)

Pros

love it-stress free-awesome enviorment-great pay starting wage paid weekly

Cons

sometimes we need more help for as much production as we have to do-but that is the nature of the business with any grocery store

keep up the great work-but on a side note-we do respect and value your opinion so instead of just acknowledging the things we still need to do-also acknowledge the many things we already did that look great-(as we already know what else we have to do and are working on it)-its just nice to hear good job from people who we respect...!

Decent pay, great management, bad drama

Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Pays well, good discount, friendly staff, great store manager and assistant manager.

Cons

Other asst. mgrs. are the laziest I've ever seen. Calling for their help on the front end, one manager always comes up front, looks around, and walks away, NOT policy, NOT protocol. Does it anyway.

Decide better on whom you put IN Management. Morison, Store #7, that means you.

Deli Clerk

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great customer service friendly coustomers

Cons

Not enough working hours fun place to work.

Pretty not bad.

Current Employee - Scan Coordinator
    Current Employee - Scan Coordinator

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

The culture is great because you have a lot if power, as a representative, to take care of the customer. You have a chance to shine as a customer service rep rather than take the brunt of the anger.

Cons

Very corporate driven environment. Corporate could use some direction in the compassion department. Look at what the CEO and upper management is making compared to entry level. They put wage caps on certain departments.

Regularly examine the company's goals and make sure you're heading in a direction that you're comfortable with. Don't follow the corporate trend of profits over people, and see employee moral and loyalty skyrocket. I also want to say thank you for being a great place to work despite these flaws. I have experienced much worse.

Bagger

Former Employee - Bagger in Encinitas, CA
    Former Employee - Bagger in Encinitas, CA

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discount $ foods, great organic foods, friendly staff,

Cons

Min wage, cut hours, raised $.20 in a year?

Hope it's worked in better pay for everyone. It's compared to Traders Joe in a better way pay. It's sound a fair

Sprouts

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people. work environment. Discount

Cons

Pay. Got an above average three month review but was told I could not receive a raise until after my year mark. However, there have been employees that have gotten a raise despite the fact that they have not been there for a year... hmm. Management changes a lot.

Compensate better.

Don't expect to make a career here by working your way up.

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market (more than 5 years)

Pros

On paper the company has a great mission statement, culture, and product. If all you're looking for is part time work and have completely open availability, they can work with you. If you currently work for another company, you have an automatic leg up over existing employees to be hired into a management position.

Cons

Poor maintenance on existing stores, team members, focus is just on opening new stores. Mythical advancement opportunities, nobody gets promoted into salaried positions (only 2 per store and the only ones that allow a person to support a family as a career) within the company, they always go for an outside hire. Bad scheduling management throughout the year forces dramatic hour cutbacks going into yearend/holiday season, just when employees need more predictability in their scheduling/paychecks. Political favoritism is the only way to survive long term; hard work, self-motivation, and competency are not.

Stop leading people on with the idea that if they work hard that they can make a future in the company, all the real opportunities are filled before they are ever posted and based upon who you know, not what you know. There are only two salaried positions per store, department managers and lower tier store managers work just as hard, if not harder, and still have to watch the clock. It's impossible to consistently get all the work done, maintain energy for the rest of the team, and meet scheduling, sales, and inventory budgeting goals when there isn't the time or training. Even the top of scale pay rates are below living wage levels. 5% maximum annual raises ensure that most will never actually reach the top of scale for their position, or incentivize them to work harder if they do. The bonus structure is dismal, with its whole-store requirement you can be a great manager at a store performing beneath projections that you had nothing to do with making in the first place and get nothing or a substandard manager at a higher volume store and get paid extra just for showing up; and again it's really not that much extra unless you're one of the salaried managers, assuming they haven't just done away with the bonuses altogether in order to pour more money into opening new stores.

Too stressful

Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Working with the public, friendly customers

Cons

Low pay, mean supervisors, high expectations

Lighten up! Brlieve in your employees.

Good work/life balance

Current Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sprouts Farmers Market part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The caring employees and management plus the work with u through many problems that arise.

Cons

some times the hours drop

None.. The management is amazing

Blah

I worked at Sprouts Farmers Market

Pros

Better opportunity to move up.

Cons

when sales go down your hrs drop extremely.

Sprouts Farmers Market Photos