Sprouts Farmers Market
www.sprouts.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

Sprouts Farmers Market Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014
Sprouts Farmers Market – US – “Sprouts”

Sprouts Farmers Market President & CEO Doug Sanders

Doug Sanders

Pros:
  • "15% employee discount - sunflower was 20%"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Best perk of working for this employer is the 15% discount all employees receive"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low pay to match the area living needs"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Hardly any store managers, or regional managers, actually know how to deal with people as humans"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Working for Sprouts Farmers Market

Department Manager (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsThere are a lot of locations to work in San Diego County

ConsRun many shifts without adequate staffing creating extra stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your long term employees, you can't continue to run your stores with rookies just so you can pay less

Not Henery's that's for sure.

Vitamins Manager (Current Employee)
    San Pedro, CA

ProsVery nice decour and great coworkers. great selection on groceries from confidential to organic. Fair pricing on most products meats, vitamins, and groceries.

ConsGreat managers when we were Henery's. Since we became Sprouts we have had poor store management one after an other. Now we have a store director with very poor management skills to say the least. Not well educated or informed in grocery retail can't help but have his favorites in the store. will not take responsibility for his actions and blames the store for his failures.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to get more education in your field, stop the childish attitude and response in confrontations. Take responsibility for your actions and listen to your management team who strongly deserve their titles.
    Your assistant easily deserves your title.

Great Company

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsFlexible hours, fun/new people all the time, pretty positive workplace and company in general

ConsManagement shifts around all the time (could be a pro for some people, I suppose)

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mundane and repetitive series of the inability to adhere to procedure and standards

ProsDecent discountamd fun environment to work in

ConsPoor pay And even sadder excuse for management

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your standards higher .

A good place to work, but has the schemes when they want to get rid of someone

Meat Clerk (Former Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGreat co-workers. Great customers. Hands on training. Fair pay. great at getting the time off needed. They have many career opportunities. 10% off sprouts products.

ConsMajority of Store Directors I have met, mostly act nice. But show their true nature to employees in a get it done or your gone attitude.

The departments are supposed to keep food preparation areas clean but very rarely do. They rush to clean everything when an audit or health department check is at the front door.

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed working for your company up until the point I was discharged. In the future, I suggest paying attention more to what the managers of each dept are doing with their employees.

Not bad until overstaffing

Meat Clerk (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsFriendly environment, decent pay, semi-easy work

ConsOver-staffing, avoiding eligibility of benefits, no care in regards to a schedule not doing with work.

Worked here for over a year just as a stocker and its no different from working at target or walmart.

Grocery Clerk (Current Employee)
    Keller, TX

Proscan be a laid back environment at times, good people to work with.

Consmanagement is very sneaky and will promise you many things just to keep you around without fulfilling their promises.

Advice to Senior Managementhold yourselves to a higher standard. there are plenty of ways to run a company, while walking all over your employees is one of them, its not exactly good for appearances once you become notorious for it...

Mediocre

Meat Cutter (Third) (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsJob security and a seven day work week - double edged sword

ConsGrocery store environment with an abundance of leech employees

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure...

Not what it used to be.

ProsMostly fun company to work for, employee discount a huge plus. Small, friendly feeling stores.

ConsCompany has moved from a fun, rewarding, career to that of a typical retail grocery store. Unreasonably high standards/expectations with little to no compensation. Expectations to work as many hours as one would expect in an 80,000 sq foot building, making considerably less than those companies offer. 50+ different programs you are expected to maintain daily...making sure we cross merchandise in other departments without taking away from the other department, while keeping the store decluttered.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics. Put the emphasis back on employees having fun while still producing. I can personally say I do my best to help the people below me to reduce the workload and stress on them. There is no reason someone making 8.50 an hour should be completely stressed out about what they did wrong, or not good enough.

Generally great, management needs work

Bakery Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsThe employee discount is nice, and other employees are generally nice and easy to get along with. The Yes Policy is a good idea in theory, but complications can occur when put into practice (see cons). Works well with school schedules and last minute emergencies.

ConsCustomers take advantage of the Yes policy and basically end up stealing from the company. There should be a balance. They cut hours drastically but expect sales to go up with less labor. Some department heads and store managers don't seem to be able to do anything right and instead rely on the minimum wage grunts to do all the work for little to no appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management (one through four's) should be able to help in other departments when short staffed. Having a blue shirt work deli or meat would be nice when it gets busy instead of just seeing them all stand by the cash registers talking. Also, if you want your employees to feel appreciated, don't set up potlucks or employee appreciation days with out of code food that was shrunk out. It might also help to learn your employees' names instead of just referring to them by their department.

Worked for Sprouts Farmers Market? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprouts Farmers Market reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sprouts Farmers Market CEO Doug Sanders. All 180 reviews posted anonymously by Sprouts Farmers Market employees.